All reviews sri lanka emailed the hotel long beach hotel area three star main bar a ground floor room restaurant staff reception desk beautiful beach sea breeze whale watching room boy fantastic location special thanks great holiday rooms are big
Reviewed 13 November 2018

It’s my second time at this hotel and again I had a wonderful stay,the staff are very helpful and friendly,special thanks to HARSHANI on reception for all your help , great choice of food and staff will always go out of their to help , rooms are clean with a sea view . I will definitely be going back next year . steve Springsteen.

Room tip: First floor rooms have a lovely sea view
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Good situation right on the beautiful beach. Staff friendly and helpful. local village and beach bars within a short walk and full of local life but watch out for the tuk tuks. would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 30 September 2018

My husband and I visited Sri Lanka earlier this month for 10 days which coincided with our 4th year wedding anniversary.
We had the most wonderful stay. All of the staff were extremely attentive and helpful including the restaurant staff, cleaners, receptionists, security and porters. The staff made our 4th wedding anniversary especially special with a cake made by the chef and arranging the mariachi band to play for us.
The room was always kept clean, spacious and the views were stunning that looked over the sea and being able to hear the sound of the sea was idyliic. The food was plentiful with different themed nights at dinner. I preferred some themes to others but personal choice. The pool was lovely and we used it most days. The hotel was not overly busy during our stay so there were not many activities on offer. It would have been good to have more activities to do around the hotel but we were told in high season more activities are offered.
Overall we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at Koggala Beach. Thank you especially to all the staff who made our wedding anniversary so special. We will always have fond memories of our stay.

Room tip: All sea view rooms. Ground floor rooms have sun loungers outside so could sunbathe in an evening. Higher floors have chairs on a balcony.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annette E
Reviewed 30 September 2018

This was my husband and I first visit to Sri Lanka.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink and hot towel. The hotel was lovely but in parts needs tlc. However, this was our first visit and we will be going back again. We went in the rainy season but we only had rain for 2 days towards the end, so we could enjoy sunbathing by the pool. I feel that there should be another step added to get in and out of the pool in the shallow end as it was a stretch for me.
It needed to have a few more activities to be there and not just a ping pong table specially when children were there.
The room was spacious and the house keeping team kept them tidy and left towels in the shape of a swan for us. The view from the balcony was breath taking as we could see the Indian Ocean and beautiful sunsets. There was a shower, air conditioning and fan, hair dryer, safe for valuables and tv.
However, a big thank you has to go to Nipun and his team. Nipun went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. I can't eat spicy food so he arranged to get non spicy soup for me. When we went to lunch or dinner we were always greeted. We were made to feel like royalty. Thank you Nipun.
All the staff were friendly, pleasant and very helpful. They always had a smile on their face.
We will be back.

Room tip: Rooms on first floor have the best view.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank maybird007
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Iwas in this hotel with my mother two years ago. We were in room which has an access to the sea and beach. Romm was alwayl clean and fresh. We made friends with the cleaner and he made us big swans made of towels.
On site was many different animals. My lovely animal friend was chameleon.
Food there was amazing, but you should looking for you food if you eating on terrace because is lots of ravens that can stiil you food.
If I will in Sri Lanka, I would choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2017