We spent a week here having completed a tour of Sri Lanka. It is a small, luxury hotel and simply fabulous...esspecially after a week or more of travelling around by car. Our room was very large and the space well-planned. The restaurant and food were great and it was a pleasure to have a break from the buffet-style meals that were so much a part of hotel eating in Sri Lanka. The pool area was fabulous too, very picturesque and with ample choice of sun and shade. All of the staff were efficient and friendly. Often there are things that disappoint in even the best hotels, but we have nothing but praise for The Fortress.
While we were there, turtles hatched in purpose-built turtle hatchery and we were lucky enough to release some of the young into the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Destinology and Travelbag so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala