Lovely location, right on the beach, beautiful! The overall ambiance of this hotel is great, but there is a couple of things lacking. It's a five star hotel and daily water in the room was not automatic. There is a coffee machine and the coffee capsules are charged at 350 rupees EACH. Dreadful given the nightly charge - this should have been complimentary . This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at in Sri Lanka and we expected at least complimentary quality coffee. The food was good in the restaurant but expect a very leisurely wait. The outdoor service in the gardens and around the pool was faultless - courteous and prompt. The hotel has an arrangement with the tuk tuk drivers outside and this was a great way to travel in and out of Galle which is about 14 km away.
We were, however distressed after paying our very expensive bill (-at midday, we did not leave until 1800) to be chased to the gate by Someone from the front desk demanding to pay an unpaid fictitious bill. This was public, unnecessary and discourteous - we were angry my husbands name and ADDRESS had been added to some one else's room number - it took us to point this out. Totally unacceptable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fortress Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Resort & Spa Sri Lanka/Koggala