Just returned from a week in the fortress with wife and 2-kids. Overall an excellent stay.
The service was first class, food and facilities great, with extremely friendly staff. The half board option we took was certainly worthwhile. The kids loved the pool (though neads a little maintenance), the beach was second to none for turtle watching. The hotel is located in a great spot for sightseeing in galle, marissa & yala etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Fortress Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Resort & Spa Sri Lanka/Koggala