Aesthetically you cannot fault this hotel - it's beautiful new and really a 5 star hotel. The reason we didn't give it a 5 star is because we prefer smaller more intimate hotels which we experienced during our trip up until our stay at the fortress. The property has 50 rooms therefore it's difficulty to get that intimate atmosphere that you would in a 9 room guest house.
Other than that you cannot fault the hotel - it has a huge pool, it's by the beach. Our suite was brand new with all the modern amenities you would want and the food and buffet was excellent. In terms of price this is the most expensive hotel we came across during our 2 week holiday but it is to be expected as it is a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fortress Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Resort & Spa Sri Lanka/Koggala