Hotel looks wonderful, the pools area is great, and its lovely with the sea just in front of you.
Rooms are great as long as you have one over looking the sea. A couple of them look over to a wall.Check before you go. It has a restaurant where you are able to sit in the open air, shade or sunshine or inside.Breakfast was good but dinner expensive, and not a lot of it. Staff are attentive, but don't seem bothered to put themselves out any more than necessary.A good area to swim in the sea. not very near any thing else.
Good gym and spa. Back massage was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Destinology, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala