Stayed here in October 2012 for one week having spent a week travelling around the country.
Positives - incredible bedroom, oil burner filled with gorgeous clove oil every night, supremely comfy bed, best shower I have ever used, fabulous facilities and decor. Restaurant staff were unsurpassed in their attention. Pool outstanding in its user friendliness and view over the sea. A calm oasis.
Negatives our room looked onto a wall. Wrong season so we could not swim in the sea. Rip off tuk tuks outside the hotel and they could turn nasty. Hotel staff porters should have monitored them better.
Overall a fabulous experience in a beautiful country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Destinology, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala