My wife and I visited Sri Lanka in August last year. We choose The Fortress for the first week of our honeymoon but didn't really know what to expect.
You arrive at the hotel through two large gate, I was taken aback by the view through the hotel over the Laccadive Sea. You are greeted by friendly staff with a wonderful cocktail and the 5 star service continues until the moment you leave.
We had have a wonderful ocean view room, everything about the hotel had a feeling of quality. Our room was filled with the tech people are accustomed too at home from an iPod filled with music to a brilliant jacuzzi bath. I'd go as far as saying it is one of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.
As mentioned the staff are excellent and so is the food. There is a diverse menu with something to suit everyone. My wife and I also paid a little extra to have a meal under the star which was very romantic. Breakfast is all wonderful with a vast array of options and if there isn't something to suit a guest one of the chefs will make you something of your own choice.
The hotel also has a spa which has numerous treatments to choose from. Me and my wife had an excellent full body massage.
I would have no hesitation recommending The Fortress anyone, it is a fantastic hotel in an absolutely stunning country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and TravelUp so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala