It is not by chance that this place is considered one of the best (if not the best) hotel in Sri Lanka. Beautiful position, lovely decorated, great staff, lovely pool, nice food.
Not a lot to add to what other reviewers said. They are hosting a program to rescue marine turtles and they set some free in the evening at sunset. It was a beautiful experience to be part of this.
Galle easily reachable with a car or with tuk tuk and, thanks to the new motorway, the drive to Colombo is fast and relaxing.
Would recommend this place for few days of relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Destinology, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala