Lovely hotel shame the service doesn't quite match! Service got poorer and poorer as our holiday progressed. As the staff are so nice you try and forgive but after a while it becomes frustrating!
If you can afford it, the beach room is a must.
No private beach so be prepared to be hassled by the locals.
As a veggie the food selection was poor (pizza, pasta and vegetable curry). Once we got talking to the chef (Vijay) he was very accomodative thankfully!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 53 room boutique resort located on the Southern shores of Sri Lanka. The Fortress has been styled after Galle’s powerful ancient Dutch Fort, blending the country’s Dutch and Portuguese influences with Sri Lankan motifs and indigenous furnishings to echo the historic days of Old Ceylon. This has been artfully and sensitively fused with innovative architecture, high design features, state-of-the-art technology, sensual living spaces with naturally modern design, and incredible gastronomic experiences, to stunning effect. The Fortress will offer unprecedented levels of service, extraordinary innovation, attention to detail and a unique blend of Old Ceylon with Modern Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fortress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fortress Hotel Koggala
- Fortress Hotel Galle
- Fortress Galle
- Fortress Sri Lanka
- The Fortress Sri Lanka/Koggala