“Stay away from this place!”
Review of Hotel Storedal

Hotel Storedal
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandkaas B&B and Inns
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Stay away from this place!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Something is really wrong with this place, We saw so many strange things. For instance, reception was empty most of the time. Once we eventually got hold of the receptionist just to check in (we waited for a loong time to do this), he was extremely rude. From time to time, people where running about and wondering how to get in touch with the staff in order to check in, or to just get in contact for various amends.

We spoke to several people who had booked in advanced over the internet and found out that over 100% was added to the agreed price on the rooms, covered in outrageous fees for 'electricity' and 'cleaning' (apparently, yet the guests had to clean their rooms for themselves anyway). Perhaps that was why we barely could get in touch with anybody working there, They simply choose to stay away from angry customers they had made a business off ripping off.

It is good that trip advisor exists, so you can get our warning from this scam of a place and stay away from it. If there was a 'ban' list on tripadvisor, I would definitely put this place on that list. Bornholm is otherwise a lovely place - choose another place to stay to have a good vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megafred

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norway
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I should have followed my first instinct - but I had already paid for this stay. My first instinct was, this is not a good place - but the weather was awful, so I booked it anyway (didn`t find many options). After booking through booking.com - the final price also appeared much higher, due to cleaning cost (1/3 of the total price) and power-supply (40 ddkr per day). I hate it it when things adds up AFTER your booking. You also pay in advance - and that is no wonder!

When we arrived - the flat was dirty and smelly. Dog hair everywhere, and it also smelled of dogs - baaah! Instead of complaining - we aired out the flat, and cleaned the place. But we`re heading out - we couldn`t lock the door (tried both), so I went to complain about that, and also the lack of cleaning, and the smell og dogs.

The host is the most rude man I ever met! He told me I was a stupid Norwegian, since I didn`t understand how the lock worked! When I asked him what he could do about the lack of cleaning and the smell of dog, his answar was: NOTHING!

So, please stay away from this place. I travel a lot, and this is the most terrible place I ever styed in.

Room Tip: Stay away!