“What the hell?”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala Major
Hanoi, Vietnam
“What the hell?”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent 2 nights and although the hotel itself is beautiful I was furious when I left. My first impression was fine. It was myself and 2 friends staying in a room but they only had one bed in the room and we had to ask for a cot.

The second night we arrived back at the hotel and found that there was an Asian themed staff party in the lobby. I was very uncomfortable because as my friends and I walked to the elevator (we're all asian), the staff and everyone dressed in kimonos and Chinese dresses stared, pointed, and clapped at us. We laughed it off, but later that night, sometime past midnight my friends and I woke up and were kept awake by obnoxiously loud music. When we called the front desk they hastily answered "yes, the music we're working on it" as if they were trying to deal with the issue.

The music didn't stop and when we asked the front desk in the morning they told us that it was the staff party and basically dismissed our complaints by saying "Sorry, you were in the part of hotel with the party". Dismissive, not apologetic, and unprofessional. How the hell do you have a staff party that loud and at that time of night and keep your guests up with no apology or warning?

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank yhong91
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Hotel Nixe Palace as your destination in Palma de Mallorca during your stay and also for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not fully satisfactory due to different issues.

We take note about all the points that disappointed you and we will try to improve our service for the next times.

We always value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. Wonderful to see that you enjoyed again the hotel.

We always welcome any type of comment so that we can always be on the look out what our clients need for a unforgettable experience here at the hotel.

Quality department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I "ran away from home" to rest and recover after a difficult few months. I took a chance as I had not stayed here before but the nixe Palace is exactly what was needed. I am here now and the staff have been so helpful and the room and sea view is wonderful. As I am travelling on my own this time, I decided to do half board as didnt fancy going out alone in the evenings. The food is excellent as is the service but its a bit disconcerting to be the only person in the restaurant. My only niggle...and its minor i know,....is that the lighting in the room is very dim at night and makes anything other than using a laptop or kindle impossible. perhaps stronger light bulbs are needed or at least a reading light???
Would definitely return...The weather has been lovely but I think it would be ok in rain as well as the terrace , spa, and public rooms still have a lovely view.

Room Tip: definitely sea view
Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank teeandeee
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for reservation in the Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the Nixe Palace. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made your feelings known on Tripadvisor.
We always strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. By making your comments known we can be sure to maintain the high level and also know where we can improve.

Essex
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed for 1 night 15/16 December. For 120 euros including breakfast a fantastic 5* hotel.

On arrival the staff were very friendly and quick. The hotel and room are well maintained and clean.

The rooms were very spacious, clean, modern and had great facilities. There was complimentary amentaties along with free slippers and a pay for mini bar which had chocolate, soft drinks, alchaol and crisp.

The hotel grounds were very nice with a fantastic view. The spa was in the room price as it is winter and it was very relaxing. There was a whirlpool, jacuzzi, sauna and jet showers. The beds were very comfy and we slept well! After all we had be awake since 2!

We had breakfast in the hotel for 19 euro each-it was fabulous. Fresh coffee, pastries, yoghurts, fruit, cold meat and a varitety of teas, coffees, fresh juices or champagne! Then we left for home.

Would recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert L

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I vistited Nixe Palace in August of 2012. The atmosphere was so relaxing & the view from my room was breath taking. I loved every aspect of the hotel including the day spa. You could walk right out to the beach from the spa. I enjoyed the private beach area in front of the hotel. The staff was very friendly & helpful. I had a great experience at Nixe Palace.

Room Tip: Some of the suites have a full patio.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I visited this Hotel earlier this year just before the start of the summer season. We enjoyed our stay and would return again. Our modern double bedroom had wonderful views over the bay and the terraces, which are a real feature of this hotel. The sliding door to our terrace was very difficult to open. The indoor swimming pool/sauna complex was refreshing, with a varied range of water features, but not all the sauna shower features worked.
We only ate in the house restaurant once, after late arrival on our first night. Palma has so much to offer, it seemed a shame to eat in at night. However, service was first rate and our meal good. Although early season, at breakfast, it was warm enough to sit outside on the terrace, but we chose to eat inside and have coffee on terrace afterwards. The selection of food on offer was truly 5 Star. This Hotel is also on the main bus route into Palma. A trip to Soller on the Vintage Railway is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a sea view. Worth paying the extra.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, 8 December 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It cannot be said that this hotel is truly a 5 star hotel. The staff does only minimum things and sometimes is rude, which may irritate us if we expect the 5 star quality. Also the window of some room does not close well so cold winds may come from outside.

The scenery from the hotel is beautiful and foods are good, though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for having chosen Hotel Nixe palace for your stay in Palma de Major as well thank you for taking your time in writing on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your comments about the hotel but we are very sorry to see that we have not coming up in your expectation about the service of our staff.

Inform you that we take note about all your comments in order to improve.

We do have an international reputation for excellence and I can assure you our levels of service are very often of a very high standard. I am confident that the next visit , we will display this, and should choose to return to our property, I shall personally be pleased to ensure our utmost attention.

Your sincerely,

Maite Pérez
2nd Front Desk Manager
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have recently returned from a wonderful weekend away at the Nixe Palace. The service left a little bit to be desired however on the whole our stay was great. We stayed in a premium sea view room, which was by far on of the best rooms in regards to sun terrace/balcony. (Rooms 711/712).
The beach was amazing, the sea was wonderful to swim in and trust me I never swim in the sea. It was clear blue with perfect sand underneath your feet.
The hotel reception had moments of disorganisation, they were very slow to check us in, with only one member of staff doing anything, also they tried to charge us for breakfast when it was clear on our confirmation from them that it was included. The bar service was quite slow. Some of the waiting on staff at Breakfast were not the most friendly either. However the lady who served breakfast then went down to the pool bar/restaurant for lunch was lovely, very friendly, always smiling and went out of her way to make sure you had everything you needed. We holidayed with friends and ate out each evening, this was not a reflection on the hotels food, it was purely because we wanted to revisit places our friends knew well.
We were very lucky with the weather it was high twenties the last week of October, so we were able to use the sunbeds, we struggled one day to find beds but on the whole it wasn't too much of a problem, I imagine in the height of summer it might be though.

Only a 10 minute taxi ride into Palma, which was great for a spot of shopping or mainly people watching from a café. Can't wait to go back to explore more of it!!

Room Tip: Always ask for a sea view room, rooms on the other side are onto the road which was fairly busy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, 23 November 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala Major
#2 of 77 in Playa de Palma
Hotel BonSol Resort & Spa
Be Live Adults Only Marivent
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Hotel Nixe Palace? Share your experiences!