“Wonderful Experience”

Hotel Nixe Palace
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala Major
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Mallorca, Spain. 7/22-30

Nixe Palace was very accommodating. This was our 30th anniversary trip and I used Expedia. In the notes I asked for 3rd floor room. Room 301 was amazing. Large balcony, no, it was a terrace overlooking the Mediterranean sea. We had 2chairs and 2 loungers which were located in a wrap around area casting shade. We received complementary champagne and chocolates in our room which I requested...hey if you don't ask, you don't get. Thank you management! The decor was slightly dated but the beds were comfy , the rooms clean and when the sliders are closed you can't hear anything. And with the sliders open, the sound of the waves crashing was amazing. This was tested when there was a festive wedding going on until 1am and i couldn't hear a thing. In addition, the bugs must have been on vacation because i hardly saw one. I wish I had not paid for the breakfast because I could not make it to breakfast in the morning although my husband did. He would have been more satisfied going to a cafe in the neighborhood. It did apply to room service but because we ate so late (after 10pm) I was rarely hungry until 3 or 4 pm. Would have loved an in room coffee maker. I had read many notes and tips so here are my tips. The beach fills up early with reserved umbrellas and 2 lounge chairs for 15€. I went to the bodega next door. Purchased a lounge float 2€, 2 canvas loungers with adjustable back rest for 6€ each, a small cooler for 6€, beer/water/and bottled mixed drinks ie mojito and ice from the restaurant. I saved oodles of money! The pool was tiny but who cares when you have that sea. I had read there were few restaurants around the hotel. What?! We had so many choices that we couldn't decide. Skip the Popas restaurant on the property. Grab a take-a-way lunch of salad or chicken doner and just spend the day on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Just a word on Expedia, I made a silly error in my check in date. Even though they profess not to honor any changes, the agent called the hotel and fixed it. Also, the hotel cost was less expensive from when I first booked and I was given a credit on my card for over $900. SCORE!!! Take the local bus into town for only 1,50€. The stop is in the same block as the hotel. Don't miss a visit to the port. Beautiful pleasures boats and great people watching. We will return to Nixe Palace!

3  Thank Holidaybms
Diego A, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for reservation in the Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the Nixe Palace. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made your feelings known on Tripadvisor.
We always strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. By making your comments known we can be sure to maintain the high level and also know where we can improve.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weeks visit to the Nixe Palace and cannot fault it at all. We arrived a few hours before check in and were allowed to use the amenities straight away when we came to check in our luggage was brought to our room by the staff. The hotel was directly on the beach and every day we were given fresh beach towels to take down with us, if you didn't want to sunbathe on the beach there was plenty of space by the pool and the gardens before you got to the beach. We didn't eat in at all at the hotel choosing breakfast at nearby cafés and in the evenings exploring Majorca. The number 3 and 20 bus takes you directly to Palma and the 104 and 107 takes you into palma nova and nearer Portals Nous which we went to quite a lot. These bus stops are right outside the hotel and are regular. The room we stayed in was a sea view and would highly recommend, and the air conditioning in the room is spot on. When we checked out we left our bags at the hotel and went exploring for the day as we had a late flight, we then collected and the hotel booked us a taxi to the airport. I cannot fault any of the staff and would highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank KeStC
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's a pity however, that the pool area is tiny with absolutely no greenery anywhere. A few planters filled with green plants/flowers will turn this concrete pool area into somewhere pleasant to chill. The steps leading down to the beach s really convenient and the beach is certainly small but very pleasant.

The food served is amazing, portions generous and thE breakfast buffet superb, it's certainly worth going half board as there are few restaurants near the hotel, apart from burger and pizza bars!

We found the lack of entertainment frustrating, there is a piano player near the terrace welcoming people into the restaurant but at 8 pm all music stops and the bars outside the hotel are devoid of people. We went in July but astonished to notice the lack of people in this location. Most pubs empty so a cab through to Porto pi is recommended,

Bus journeys cost 1.50 euro single anywhere it seems on the island. Highly recommend is Portals Nous Port, filled with up class bars, restuarants galore and impressive luxury liners moored up. Only 10 mins away.

Be warned, if travelling to Plama Airport to drop off luggage to visit some close by towns, before flying home, don't! There is no baggage drop off at the airport, only at the train station in Palma.

There is a bar just 2 mins down from the hotel up a side road to the right, it's very popular with the Navy on a weekend so if you want music and dancing this is the place to go providing the Navy are in port, otherwise it's like all the other bars in Calla Major which is like a ghost town in July.

Room Tip: Book a superior beach view room. You will not be disappointed.
1  Thank summersueLondon
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Santos Nixe Palace for your holiday, as well as for the time you have taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
We will take into consideration each of your comments for future improvements.
We value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay here with us.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon here to Santos Nixe Palace.
We will be waiting for another time that we can welcome you here again in the near future.

Best regards,

Hotel Santos Nixe Palace

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked our hotel with Europe Express back in January 2014 and paid our rooms in full in January! We were charged $844 US and when we got to the hotel the room rate for a Premium Ocean View was approximately 380 Euro or about $500 US. We asked the hotel clerk when we checked in because on their website the rate was also 380 Euro.

We were told that we were NOT allowed to ask the prices because the rate we were charged was between the booking agent Europe Express and Hotel Nixe. Basically this was an unpublished rate. The ironic thing is that Hotel Nixe gives discounts for rooms that you prepay (this is on their website), and we did prepay and they told us that the reason the rate was higher was because we reserved the rooms early. Clearly as a seasoned traveler, we always book our rooms early to get the best price not at the last minute because we all know it costs more if you wait!

We asked for a refund on both rooms for the four nights and we were denied by both Europe Express and Hotel Nixe. The rooms were tiny, bathrooms very tight, decor minimal........basically we got ripped off. We overpaid EE and Hotel Nixe a total of $2400!!

We are asking for our refund from EE and Hotel Nixe. Do NOT ever book any room with this hotel unless you triple check the rates. We were told that we could have gotten the 380 Euro rate if we notified EE and Hotel Nixe 7 days before we arrrived? We were traveling and we put our trust in the hotel and their vendor. How were we supposed to know what the rooms looked like before we arrived. Isn't that the hotel and the vendor's responsibility. I guess you would have to go to the hotel to double check what you are getting before you arrive.

Room Tip: Never book with Europe Express or Hotel Nixe there are much nicer properties in Mallorca
6  Thank SusanMcGowan
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Mr. McGowan,

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind interest and your reservation at the Nixe Palace Hotel.
We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are commenting about rates.

We offer rates to the Travel agencies and we trust that they act in good faith with them.

In the case that you have suffered an incorrect use of the rates on your bookings, we offer you our direct and personal attention, in order to offer you further information.
We wish to follow up with you this case and request you get in contact with us, on the email recepcion@h-santos.es, where we will be very happy to offer you all the information you may need.

Mr. McGowan, the reputation of the Nixe Palace is based on dedication and commitment to exemplary guest service consistently expected and provided

Once again, thanking you for having chosen the Nixe Palace Hotel for your holidays and hope to hear from you shortly.

Yours faithfully,

Quality department

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am not so sure I would call it a 5 star hotel, but it is definitely close! This hotel is situated on the beach front of Cala Major which is a great location! The breakfast was good, and the service was okay overall. The pool area was not too large (had to reserve chairs prior to breakfast), but we mainly went to the beach for its gorgeous water & views. It is about a 10 minute taxi ride in to Palma which serves as a great area for restaurants, shopping & nightlife. If you are looking for a casual dinner or lunch you are also within walking distance to many small cafes and restaurants on the same block the hotel is located on. My husband and I were also recommended to go to the restaurant il paradiso by the hotel which was a 10 minute walk, and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area! Our room was very spacious and on the street side, so I could only imagine the wonderful views of the beachfront rooms. I felt the bed to be comfortable, amble bathroom space, and a nice little sitting area with a desk on one side of the room. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting for its location and wonderful beachfront views!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest

First of all let me thank you for choosing Hotel Santos Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca, as well we woluld like to thank you for writing in tripadvisor.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon here to Hotel Santos Nixe Palace.

Best Regards

Quality department
Hotel Santos Nixe Palace

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location on beach. Pleasant breakfast. Rooms were comfortable with all facilities. Only problem was the pool that was very small but hotel leaned onto a beautiful beach. High hairs were not safe for young babies and children's club very inferior but lady who ran it was lovely

Room Tip: Sea view amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Hotel Nixe Palace as your destination in Palma de Mallorca during your stay and also for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We always value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. Wonderful to see that you enjoyed again the hotel.

We always welcome any type of comment so that we can always be on the look out what our clients need for a unforgettable experience here at the hotel.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back on the Nixe Palace.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last day of a 4 day stay and determined to balance out negative reviews. Trust me please,I have been to many 5 * hotels and this holds its own in comparison! Staff extremely courteous & efficient, polite but not over bearing at all... In the restaurant, Giovanna sets an extremely high example of excellent service not easily matched in any 5* hotel! Food exceptional even on half board & absolutely on par with Harvey Nick's! I personally met the General Manager this morning and his love & vision for the hotel is obvious to see and with this highly motivated management, the hotel aims to please in every way! Most snipes I can see are people skimping on room prices & booking the cheapest rooms which clearly look onto the road! They should have paid for sea views but then complain when they arrive! Silvia in the spa has got to be the very best masseuse I have ever had, resolving my stressed out knots in only 1 treatment - bliss! So I suggest ignore the negative comments & come & enjoy with an open mind! X

1  Thank SandyHud

Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
#2 of 78 in Playa de Palma
Be Live Adults Only Marivent
Barcelo Illetas Albatros

Been to Hotel Nixe Palace? Share your experiences!