Stayed only one night in this hotel in May. Having travel long hours (almost 20hours), we wanted to stay somewhere near the airport and yet beachfront on the first night in Mallorca.
We weren't disappointed with our choice. We booked a double superior seaview room. This room has a balcony which overlooked the pool then beyond that, the Cala Major beach and sea. (Sounds far, but the beach is not far in view from room). The room was as pictured in the website. White, airy, clean-lined decor. The room was clean too. Although we booked a double room, we were given a room with two twin beds pushed together. We didn't bother to change room as we were only staying one night. Basic amentites like tissue papers are lacking. But for the reasonable price we paid, we find Palma costa value for money.
Bfast buffet spread was good, but not the coffee from the machine. We sat at the poolside to enjoy our breakfast and it was nice. The pool area was not big. However there were sufficient sun loungers for guests (in May's context).
The Cala Major was already a busy, crowded beach in May. However the beautiful beach had very clean, clear, crystal blue water and gently waves. Hence it was very good for young children. The water was shallow too. One can walked a distance into the water before reaching your limits. You can rent a beach towel from hotel (the charge will be returned to you when you returned or exchanged for new towels). Beach was just 2mins walk away.
The Cala Major area was very quiet. Maybe we stayed there on a Saturday. Shops were mostly closed except a few restaurants. There is a small mini mart located 5mins from hotel which is opened. Another thing, we were informed that carpark was full when we arrived and the staff directed us to a nearby open air carpark. Although it was free parking, the place was manned by a Black man who suggested we tipped him... The carpark was less than 10mins away. But I do not know if there will be a problem with parking in the holiday summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma is a wonderful hotel, ideal for couples, which is located in front of the beach of Cala Mayor, being the perfect place to enjoy a great holiday with the Mediterranean just a few steps from the room. It offers a variety of services and products as its exclusive Beach Club, its baySPA ($) and a large and varied gastronomic offer with a professional services, high-class facilities and a personalised treatment. Its modern and functional rooms offer everything needed to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. The Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma is the best option to enjoy all that Mallorca offers. Open from April until October. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cala Mayor Hotel Cala Major
- Cala Mayor
- Playa Cala Mayor Major
- Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma Majorca/Cala Major, Spain