“Everything you could want and more”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Carlydleu
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Needs attention”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We booked the villa for some time in the sun, home from home. We frequently break away this way and have booked villas in America, Australia, U.K. And other locations, never with a problem, we also have a family home in Portugal so have a good idea of staying self catering away from home and dealing with a family villa 100% single handed.
Unfortunately this break was only enjoyed for approximately 8 hours before we encountered our first problem which became the first of many. The villa unfortunately wasn't quite like the pictures had depicted it and hadn't been cleaned to a high enough standard and this followed through to the outside area, which was basic and we found unusable as a good outdoor dining & living space. We like to enjoy family evenings around the dinner table & relaxing on the sofas, but it wasn't possible here, the furniture wasnt comfortable and didn't have all the cushions and the inside table didn't cater for the numbers that it sleeps.
The kitchen area needed a clean before I would use it so we ate out the first night, although not impressed we are get on with it types and I had just planned to give it a good clean the following day, but to mention it to the caretakers so they could check the cleaning standard.
The issue of cleanliness came to light in a rather austounding way the first night when we uncovered some mice within the property, and it was then on further inspection that they had "frequented" everywhere.
The quiet location, was for the duration of our stay a building site of heavy excavation work in the back garden by the pool, very noisy very dusty and not very private if you have young children that are in and out of their bathing suits by the pool.
The Air conditioning didn't work for half of the stay and neither did the Internet.
It requires better attention to detail, the needs of a paying guest (self catering should not mean a lesser standard ) and a better property management for when things do go wrong. Waiting several days for a tradesman may be ok if it's your home, but not for a holiday rental. If your guests pay for a villa with certain facilities that's exactly what they should get and if the owner has to pay a premium for the job to be done, then so be it.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Kellianne...
“Everything you could want and more”
Reviewed 2 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Booking was straight forward and communication perfect. The only trouble we had was finding the villa. It's in a quiet area which we loved. We hired a car so we where never far away from anything or busier parts. Would definitely recommend hiring a car. I don't understand why anyone could say the decor was dated or the villa was dirty. The villa is spotless and very well looked after. The villa has ceramic tiles threw out so of course you will have to sweep up more often. I loved everything about this villa and Paul and John next door helped us with everything we needed to know. Thanx again deana look forward to booking in the future.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
LycanLady
Ireland
“Lovely Villa”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Beautiful decor, clean and had a large pool. The initial tour by the English speaking neighbours was very helpful. Would recommend this villa. A++
Thanks Deanna.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Kimgreen0...
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
“Not clean”
Reviewed 18 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

The owners were warm, friendly people, greeted us and gave a tour of the home to get us situated. However when we started to unpack I looked closer and realized the house was dirty. There was dried up toothpaste in the sink, sand and grit in the bathtub, lint/dust/hair in the sinks and toilets. The hairdryer was coated in a thick layer of dust. I swept the master bedroom twice and each time we walked back in there was more hair on the floor. I went next door to let them know I was not pleased with the cleanliness of the house. When I showed her the hair in the bedroom, she said she didn't see anything. I pointed to the 4 pieces of hair at my feet (that kept appearing despite sweeping over and over) and she said, "you can't expect it all to be gone." I spent the first hour of my vacation cleaning the house so I would be comfortable with my family staying here. There was no hand soap in the bathrooms so we bought nice large ones for both bathrooms so future guest can wash their hands after using the toilet. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I was disappointed that when I pointed out my concerns, the owner looked at me as if I was being unreasonable. She dutifuly mopped the house again, but was just pushing hair and lint around rather than actually getting it out of the house. You spend a lot of money to go on holiday, and if there is a problem I expect my concerns to be taken seriously, not met with eyes rolled. This was my second trip to Fuerteventura. I love the island and beaches and if we were to go again, I would stay up north near Correlejo. I would not recommend this home to family or friends.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Apr 2015
Sorry to hear the villa was not upto your expectations, your comments have been noted and sent to the caretaker. I am very surprised as this is the only negative comment I have had regarding cleanliness. The lady you dealt with is the caretaker not the owner. I do not provide any items such as soaps as this is purely a self catering villa.
Alex T
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Amazing villa with the biggest swimming pool”
Reviewed 11 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Had a great holiday at this villa with my family , the swimming pool is amazing the children loved it the villa as everything you need even free wifi so the children was happy , the villa was very clean and well maintained the care takers next door are very friendly and helpful. We visited the zoo which is a 40 minute drive away would recommend this for a day out with the children , the village as a nice Spanish bar where you can get food a 5 minute walk away they was very friendly , the main town is only a 15 minute drive away where there are numerous bars and restaurants and a lovely beach . Would recommend this villa value for money will differently return with my family

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The swimming pool
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
20 Apr 2015
So pleased you was as happy with the villa as many of my other guest are ,look forward to hearing from you again.
Many thanks for your review
PR46HR
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Villa in Quiet Location”
Reviewed 2 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Spacious well equiped villa in village location. If your'e looking for a quiet holiday or a base to tour Fuerteventura, the villa is an excellent choice. We've stayed at many villas and this one didn't disappoint. The pool is huge and was very clean. The only minor downside during our stay was no WiFi but this has now been installed. We would recommend this villa and would definitely stay again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
6 Apr 2015
So pleased you enjoyed your stay hope to hear from you in the near future
Lucy S
Poole, United Kingdom
“A well equipped villa in a lovely setting, but pool far too cold to enjoy.”
Reviewed 23 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Booking this villa was straight forward and the communication from the owner was excellent. We were looking for somewhere a bit off the beaten track and certainly would recommend staying here if you are looking for somewhere rural, peaceful, and ideally positioned to explore the rest of the island. A car is a must. The neighbours/caretakers next door were extremely friendly and helpful, quickly sorting out a minor problem with the TV for us which we appreciated. The villa is very spacious and well equipped with everything you could need. The decor is clean and well maintained, although a little dated. Our only complaint would be that the pool is clearly advertised as solar heated with a cover, which we feel is misleading as there was no cover and no method of heating at all, meaning that in February it was far too cold for anything but a freezing plunge - and we were rather disappointed not to be able to use it more.

Travelling group: Young Children
24 Feb 2015
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the villa and your holiday went well.
May I just add that your booking was taken on the 28th of Dec 2014 and at that time we were not advertising this villa with a solar heated cover which reflected in the price you paid.
The installation of this cover will take place the end of Feb 2015 so future bookings will include the solar heated cover as advertised now.
Regards
Deana
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing