“Great holiday great Hotel”

TUI Family Life Orquidea
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bahia Feliz
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great holiday great Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my honeymoon with my wife and little one niall aged 3yrs,this was a fantastic holiday and would tell people to 100 per cent go to this hotel sometime in their lifetime.we had a lovely room on the 6 level floor room 613 and it was very nice and very modern and kept clean via the maid every single day to a high standard,we stayed in this room for 14nights and love every second of it.Entertainment team are fantastic and keep both kids and adults entertained all day top reps was lisa lollipop,steady eddie and big daddy. There is a kids club for kids to go to my little one didnt use this but everyone said how well it was run. 3 different pools and crazy golf. Food was good and plenty of choice with a kids section,the only down side to the food was i didnt see any yoghurts in the range of selections.love it and would look to return in the future again.from craig,cheryl and niall

Room Tip: rooms on the 6 level floor are great all updated and very good beds in there to sleep on
2 Thank craig m
JAVIER M, Manager at TUI Family Life Orquidea, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your recent visit and the time you spent reporting your comments and valuations regarding our service and facilities.

Any positive or negative comments give us a true opportunity to learn how to improve and provide better service.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Bahia Feliz and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

35107 – Gran Canaria – Spain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently got back from a fantastic week at this hotel, what to say. We asked for a room on the 7th floor and on arrival we were allocated room 716. We had an amazing view from the room. I travelled with my 14 year old son and my mom. There were always plenty of sun loungers around the pool area or on the grass with a bit of shade. However on a couple of days it was really windy. The only downside was that there was not a lot for my son to do as you had to be over 16 for the activities unless you were a youngster. The reps were fantastic all day everyday especially Lisa lollipop..... Food was amazing, everything you could wish for. All in all a fantastic holiday

4 Thank boardbabe41

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Great holiday especially if you have kids. Entertainment team are fantastic and keep both kids and adults entertained all day. There is a kids club for kids to go to. 3 different pools and crazy golf. Food was good and plenty of choice with a kids section. We stayed in a family room which was quite spacious and had a lovely view of the swimming pools and sea. Nice few shops outside of the hotel which are nice to look around. Visit playa del ingles and Maspalomas are worth the trip. Beautiful places with lovely beaches means there isn't really one by the hotel.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Vicki H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time at this hotel with my family, ( me, husband, 2 boys 8&5 8 month old daughter and my parents) we stayed for 2 weeks and could have stayed another 2. The hotel was lovely the food was excellent lots of choice and great that there was a kids section,the staff were so friendly and the entertainment staff were absolutely brilliant ( big daddy, steady Eddie, Lisa lollipop and cha cha Charlie) great credit to the thomson team. The thomson reps were great to always knew the answer to any question. Will defiantly be returning in the future.

2 Thank Lee C

WELLINGTON UK
Reviewed 4 August 2014

On arriving at Grand canaria airport the Thomson rep told us which bus to go on. There was NO rep to make sure you on right bus. on arrival at hotel was up to yourself to make sure you at right hotel. We arrived at hotel at about 22.15 restaurant closed at 21.00 there was no snack not even for kids. The Thomson entertainment team were great, the only prob was some nights they finished by 20.30 they did put music on after but bar staff complained that it was too noisy . Rooms were ok with pool and sea view. a lot of people put out towels early, I put are towels out at 8am still sun loungers around pool.

1 Thank WILD2ROVER
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week in the Orquidea. We had a brilliant time. The hotel itself is great, the food excellent and most of the staff friendly. Big Daddy was a brilliant entertainer along with Steady Eddie and Lisa lollipop. They had so much energy and always had time for the guests. Lisa's energy was amazing! My kids enjoyed the kids clubs and all the kids reps were excellent. My sons favourite was Lovely Lauren. We are already planning on returning next year for longer as a week just wasn't long enough.
The resort itself is small but as we were all inclusive and the entertainment was ongoing we stayed in the hotel. We felt safe to let the kids run about and play without worrying.
A big thank you for the bottle of 'champagne' for my birthday too.
Can't recommend enough. Will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Northender12

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

First of all transfer time is really good, we also had an extra quick check in so great if travelling with young children.

The hotel is right on the beach - this is fine and we preferred this to the busy pool area. Beach is quite rocky but my little boy seemed happy enough with that. Re the sunbed issue - yes people do get up early to put towels down but really don't think that is any different to any other hotel.

Food is excellent, I really can't complain about that at all. Areas did get very busy at times but we found that breakfast at around 8am and dinner at 6pm meant the food was hot and there were no big queues for carved meat station etc. All of the staff work exceptionally hard, they really do earn their wages.

I can't really comment on the entertainment as we didn't see much of it. The heat meant I had a very exhausted five year old so we were back in the hotel room by 9.30pm. The noise from the entertainment caused us no problems at all once we were back in the rooms.

Moving onto the rooms. We were originally allocated a room on the 11th floor but changed this immediately to a lower floor as one of our party didn't like heights. The room itself is ok, it could do with a refurb but I understand this would be difficult with so many visitors. The childs bed (pulled out from under sofa) was awful!! My little boy ended up sharing my bed as it slanted so much there was a good three inch height difference between the head and foot of the bed. As I had already changed rooms I didn't speak to reception about this - they had already informed me the hotel was full and there were limited options in terms of changing rooms. The rooms on 6th floor have all been refurbished to an excellent standard - walk in showers and proper beds. I did put a request in for one of these prior to arrival as I had read that they were excellent. If you do get one of these you are very lucky!

Most rooms appear to be sea facing, small minority are not.

Apart from that not much more to say in this hotel. Would I stay again, no I probably wouldn't. Its my first all inclusive and most likely my last. I prefer to be able to walk around/visit shops etc but apart from a couple of little shops and a 20 min walk along the beach there wasn't much else without getting a bus/taxi.

• Stayed July 2014
#5 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Occidental Margaritas
Occidental Margaritas
#18 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to TUI Family Life Orquidea? Share your experiences!