“Good hotel..”

The Palms Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Beruwala
“Good hotel..”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Thank you very much for good stay in your hotel. Beautiful see looking from the room. Big balcony and beautiful rooms. My son and wife on birthday. Hotel give us a cake. Thank you my family is very happy.

• Stayed August 2013
14 Thank mohadal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Francescas, France
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My Family stayed at the Palms for 7 nights. We travelled to Sri Lanka for the first time and wanted to enjoy at the pool and beach side. The Resort is a 4-star hotel, but has facilities that of a 5-star place. Palms has direct link to the beach which is open for hotel guests - hence the beach is super clean and very safe. We were very impressed with the warm staff, excellent food, nice rooms, and location of this resort. The swimming pool is superb and my wife and I had a great time relaxing by the pool side. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone
Each room comes with a balcony with lounge chairs. It also has a nice view of the pool, just lovely for reading a book and watching the sunset with the sound of waves crashing near by.
The breakfast there is delicious. It is buffet, so the selection is great - with a selection of healthy food and savory foods. They fry your bacon and sausage fresh on the spot

The overall landscaping were really done with great clean. Great friendly service. Even if the hotel is house full you don't feel like it always very calm and quite.
During our stay, all requests were dealt with promptly, and staffs were friendly and helpful, especially with the kids.
My only regret is that we had to leave the hotel to see and do things; I would have loved just to hang out there and do nothing but relax, maybe next time...

Room Tip: Ground Floor Right Wing
13 Thank Mireille S
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Excellent Service , Friendly Staff, What a lovely food . Weenjoyed our nights stay a tPalms,
This time we came with ourfamily from Saudi Arabia , oursecond time to palms withour family members we came 2012and stayed in 116 with big bath room, this time we got 105 , 102, 106 ,nice room, sea view, all our family members happy with stay in Palms, will see you on 2014 withour family and more friends
Good bye from Katunayake Air Port Sri Lanka

Room Tip: Groun Floor
12 Thank Amjad A
Cropston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

On the beach, good pool, good bar etc. Wonderful zen like entrance with lovely gardens.
Could be a great hotel but let down by attention to detail.
Rooms were ok but the showers ran cold on two days. We were obviously the last ones on our floor to shower - very invigorating!
The main restaurants were closed for renovation whilst we were there. The temporary restaurant lacked atmosphere, the food was cool and of poor quality and it really let the place down.
Be aware of the sales people who pester you the moment you step out of the hotel premises on to the beach. Can be a nuisance but also entertaining.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquarianblue300147
Kiribathgoda, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hotel is located in a good beach area. Nice hotel with good clean interior and exterior. Rooms were clean with basic facilities but water was salty (bathroom showers and taps). Chanel selection of the television was not good and most of them were not clear. Food tasted good but combination and variety should be improved. However service at the restaurant was friendly and supportive. General service was good other than we got our rooms bit late. Pool was clean but had the same salty water. Considering the charges overall experience could be better.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on ground floor, but the upper floor room could be better with the view
2 Thank MilindaVerage
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We are a bit late for this review, last year we went there they were under maintenance, some rooms got very noisy and most facilities were closed, at check-in the front office manager upgrade us to the suite room which was new and spacious, quite comfortable. I like their balcony is big, bed is comfortable. This year I don't know how much they charging for this room. That area is a bit far from everything, we always use tuktuk. Night time we went to the Eden hotel nearby for dinner. Didn't try their food since their buffet not attractive. However the hotel itself really nothing to enjoy, even the pool they put chemical all the time and leafs and rubbish floating on it. Hope they are doing better this year.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Quak M
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I checked in on 9th August.Prior to coming when booking was done I inquired about the child policy,wheather I need to pay for my 6year and 4 year old girls.No information was given to on this date.When checked in they said I need to pay Rs 4500 for a kid above 4 years.Please be informed that the best hotels in Sri Lanka "Keells" chain charges only kids above 10 years.When I was told this charge I called their head office and I was informed kids are charged Rs5000 .
Apart from this from the moment I got down from the main entrance,I felt this in below the standard. Once we were allocated the room,when we were going to the room,they said the room was not ready and allocated another room.
As some have said ,the water in showers are sea water. Tv has only 5.channels though they say cable tv available. Aircondition units are malfunctioning .better if central A/C is available.No minibar items.
Kids pool was very untidy.
Lastly the buffet was horrible and I don't know wheather the chef is suitable for a tourist hotel .I saw some have commented saying nice meals ,I assume they have commented to the wrong hotel.I booked for 2days and left within a day.10th august lunch soup was out.my kids had nothing to eat in this hotel on 10th though they charged.I saw some middle eastern and some Sri Lankan eating bread and Dahl curry.this was the situ in this hotel.Better avoid this place.Go to any Keells hotel their food is good ,service is excellent.try Bentota beach hotel which is under Keells group, is very close to this place.
It's all CRAP at "The Palms"

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kgmundigala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beruwala
Cinnamon Bey Beruwala
Tangerine Beach Hotel
#6 of 11 in Kalutara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews
AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa

Been to The Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!