Rainbow Apartments(Daratsos)(Great Value!)
Nikolas Suites(Daratsos)
Orionas Village(Daratsos)
Star Daratsos(Daratsos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquiet hotelnice beachthe busmetersplatanias
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A very nice hotel just outside of Chania. Quiet and clean, with beautiful rooms/apartments and a short walk to the beach (200m). The food was excellent and the people friendly and helpful. The bus to Chania stops right outside the hotel entrance. I would absolutely recommend this place to friends, couples or solo travellers, but maybe not to families with young children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I booked a week here in July 2012 through Apollo. Opted for the two-level apartment and was certainly not disappointed. The apartment was spacious, well-equipped and cleaned daily, The beds are modern and comfortable. The restaurant is run by a Greek/Swedish couple (Vassilis and Kristina) who, along with the rest of their family create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment. The food is excellent (best tuna toast on the planet!) and the prices are very reasonable (took a tour to Platanias one evening to compare - the food there was considerably more expensive). Anais Holiday is 200 metres from a fabulous beach, and there are two more just along the coast, and it's a 1.10 Euro bus ride from the centre of Chania for an evening out. Frankly, it's a pearl and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We just got back from Crete and need to write this feed back because it is really worth it to stay at Anais. I am a receptionist so I am glad I found the 2 charming ladies at reception desk, Katerina and Gina ( I think she's the owner). The day of our arrival Katerina, one of the front desk ladies called us to see if we had difficulties in finding the hotel ( we were driving from the Airport in Suda) and was right there waiting for us when we parked. The apartment we had (nr 11) was just perfect. Fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, a double room with terrace and a sitting area with another terrace. Just outside the street leading to the beach (blue flag to guarantee the high quality of the water-2 chaise long and one umbrella 5 euro for the day) and also the entrance in one of the 2 pools- The first night we had dinner at the restaurant managed by Vassilli and his wife plus all his family. Seating around the pool, candle light, wonderful genuine food at a very good price...the best dinner in Crete! I miss your wonderful moussaka!!We stayed there for 1 week and was our starting point to visit the north west coast. Easy to get to the National Road, 10 minutes from the hotel. We changed our plans and returned on our 2 last days in Crete and had a wonderful 2 storeys apartment (nr8) with the same facilities and the other. On the day of our departure, since they did not need the aptm, Gina left us using it until we got the filght at no extra charge. This was a real plus. While my husband and son had a bath in the swimming pool I chatted with the restaurant staff and that was very interesting and pleasant. I hope to see you all guys in Florence for your summer vacation!!Many many thanks to all of you because you have made us feel home while away from home, what else do one needs more?? Hope I will be back again Chiara from Firenze

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Since my last recommandation of this hotel they have bought new madresses and even bought top madresses to put on if needed. I love this hotel and I am there at least once a year. Perfect, helpful and friendly services. Quiet and safe

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IngerH
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Went to Crete with my girlfriend Aug-Sept 2010 and took a chance bookin room here, but i have to say i didn't regret it.

The location was excellent. Only 200m from the beach. (Sunbeds was €5/pair for full day at the beach)

The poolarea was top notch with very comfortable sunbeds besides it.

Busstop to Chania was right outside the hotel.

Staff was very friendly and helpfull and spoke excellent English (Rumour had it that they were greek but had lived i New Zeeland).

The room was very nice and clean. Kitchentools might need a slight upgrade thou :)

The restaurant at the hotel was excellent, and guests from the hotels nearby freequently visited anais instead of the restaurants on their own hotels. Try the meatballs, the were great!!! A wide vareity of drinks to try for a resonable price.

100m down the street there was a great sportsbar showing every Football(Soccer) league in Europe on request.

If i'm ever going back to the Chania area i will absolutely stay at Anais again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple