“Wonderful”
Review of The Corali Hotel

The Corali Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Yialos
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Situated on a pleasant and tranquil beach only 250m from the port, yet with crystal-clear water, the Corali is a family-run hotel offering good-sized rooms (we were on the top floor) with comfortable beds and a large bathroom, also a lovely swimming pool. It´s ideal for a laid-back holiday and especially for families with small children, though we were never troubled by noisy kids.
Several things stood out for us: the welcoming and friendly atmosphere, the quality of the food, simple but delicious including home-baked bread and excellent pizzas (all baked in a wood fired oven), plus the olive oil, cherry tomatoes and prickly pears from the owners' estate.
Thank you Sharon, we were sad to leave!

Room Tip: The top floor is best if you don't mind 2 flihts of stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

A family run hotel with excellent service.

The room we stayed in was a bit below par, the shower a bit too weak, interior design a bit too cramped and uninviting, although there was a nice seating area outside the room. The pool is largely decorative but pretty. The nearby beach is basically next to the harbour and not the greatest.

Nice location within the port area though you'll need transport to get to Chora where all the real nightlife is.

Wifi is free but reception in rooms is quite variable and the food at the hotel is ok.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Stam K
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My family and I (6 adults) stayed at this hotel in June this year. Sharon and her family who run the hotel are lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Sharon showed us around a variety of rooms and let us decide which rooms we preferred. My husband and I were on the top floor with a lovely sea view. Our parents had rooms on the first floor with sea/pool views.

The hotel is over a quiet road from the beautiful beach and a short walk to the port. There are various restaurants in walking distance and the bus stop is 5 minutes away to take you into the town. The food at the hotel is lovely!

I am sure we will return here in the future. Thank you for a lovely stay :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at the Corali in June 2013 and wish I had stayed there longer. I was on a photographic trip going around a few islands on my own.
The hotel is 10 metres from the wonderful Port Beach which is beautiful and not very busy . The Hotel is clean and very comfortable with a very nice pool and bar surrounded by a beautiful garden full of exotic flowers and cacti.
The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The room had a very large balcony which overlooked the beach and port which is about 400 metres away. There were sun loungers on the balcony and plenty of space to relax and enjoy the views and watch all the boats come and go in the harbour and take in the sun. The room had plenty of ventilation and air conditioning to keep cool at night with a nice on-suite shower and WC.
The food and service in the bar was first class. The bar and restaurant had a wood oven which served home-made bread and pizzas. The pizza was the best I have ever tasted anywhere.
The hotel is run by a very friendly and helpful family Sharon and Michael who have owned and run the establishment for over thirty years and their two daughters. Having stayed there 28 years ago on my honeymoon I can say it has only got better and more beautiful over the years.
Ios has changed over the years but for the better. There is plenty to see and do and as I said before I wish I had stayed much longer. With numerous fantastic beaches, entertainment up in the town you couldn’t wish for a better location to relax and unwind, or if you feel like it, enjoy the nightlife and dance up in the town. Ios was so much nicer than Mykonos which was so crowded and busy; I wish I had stayed on Ios all the time.
Without doubt I will go back to the Corali Hotel again next year if I can, but will stay for 10 or 12 days.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front overlooking the beach and port are excellent. Fantastic view and great balcon...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is the best holiday in the Greek islands! We have stayed at this hotel twice and both times times found it wonderful. Sharon and her staff could do enough for us. There is lots of room for the kids and a wonderful swimming pool. I would recommend it for everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Brwer
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Corali for 7 days in may and were incredibly impressed by the owners Sharon and Michael Sigalas..
It is right on the beach and the front room we had was quiet and well furnished.
You can walk to the port in 5 minutes and have access to restaurants, etc...
You can also walk to town, in about 10 minutes, and it is very charming.
The owners suggested sights and quad rental agency that were excellent.
It is much better than staying in milopotamos beach as it is quieter to sleep and yet you can still access the nightlife in a few minutes walking or bus.
Yalos beach is the cleanest we have ever seen in Greece!! and we have been to 20 islands..
We definitely recommend the Corali..
Thank you again Sharon and Michael, you are the best...

Room Tip: The top floor was ideal for us but all rooms seem excellent..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mabriMontreal_Quebec
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The Corali is at the end of the bay on Yialos, the perfect place to be on IOS. Sharon and her family run a friendly welcoming hotel with charm and warmth. There is a large pool and across the quiet road, the beach. Breakfast was eggs from their own hens served in the beautiful garden area. Accommodation is simple as found everywhere in the islands but comfortable. This is an excellent accommodation choice on IOS and we plan to return for a longer stay next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yialos
Brothers Hotel
Liostasi Hotel & Suites
Ios Resort Hotel
Ios Resort Hotel
#2 of 4 in Chora

Been to The Corali Hotel? Share your experiences!