Mare Monte
US$30
US$29
US$48
US$46
Marcos Village Hotel(Ios)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$45
US$44
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini marketthe ownerclean roomsstay there againgreat value for moneyyialos beachboatislandporthostschorajunemeters
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were "hi-jacked" by the little lady from Mare Monte at our arrival at Ios. That was our lucky draw. When our ladies were looking at the rooms, I asked two other couples how they liked the hotel. They were very satisfied. The Australien told me "The lady is a personality", a statement I can underline. Also Bella, the little dog, was a loving personality.
The location at the beach (only a little traffic road to cross) was the very best. Quiet at night but still close to restaurants. The rooms may look at little worn, but are well cleaned an maintained. We were 8 friends in 4 different rooms, and none of us had any complaints at all. The sister made us a delicious breakfast with fresh eggs and bacon every morning. The hotel has a wonderful and well-kept garden. The pool is like pools in small hotels use to be, with a few sun-chairs around. There is a free wi-fi with coverage limited to the reception area. One of my friends made most of her daily job functions from here.
We had free sun-chairs at the beach. The snack bar next door was about to open a few days after our departure. Very nice with umblellas and sun-beds at the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I loved this resort, it was everything I wanted and more. The owners are two sisters who are extremely friendly and helpful. The beauty surrounding the place is stunning and the best part is that is low budget with a luxurious feel. Definitely will go back again someday.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I had some of the worst memories of my trip at this hotel. I walk in, and I think it seems cute. Old but cute. I walk to the front desk where I am greeted by a middle aged woman. She hugs me, but then I realize she smells. Like alcohol. So I let it slide and walk up to my room. I take one step in and my foot steps into a puddle of sunblock that the previous stayer had left. What a housewarming gift. I set down my bag, and inspect the room. A 4 by 2 inch ball of black hair was left in the shower. The sheets were scratchy. The balcony had empty bottles of beer on the floor. and the bag that the person had been using as a trash can was full of used "fun bed toys". I cleaned up the room by myself. The only good part of the hotel was the location. Right on the beach. But that is not worth it. The second day of my trip on Ios was worst. I woke up and saw a cockroach scatter under the bed next to mine. My back hurt so bad from the mattress. I rather sleep on the road, or the beach. When I went down stairs to head toward the beach, the two hags running the place had abandoned the front desk looking for their dog that had run away (no figure.). I spent the entire day out. When I got back, I found one hag that was running the place on the couch watching TV, tired and hungover. I walked right up to my room. Ready to go to bed, the group of kids next door partied loudly. I tried to complain, but nobody was downstairs to help me at 10pm at night. In the middle of night, I woke up to go to the bathroom, but no toilet paper was refilled. Great. The next morning, I went to the travel agency to see if I could book another hotel room for the remainder of my trip. When he asked me why I was re booking, I told him about my experience, and he laughs. Apparently, it has a bad reputation to the locals too. The next night, I really took a good look at the room. The toilet had a bright yellow ring around the water line. The shower was old and almost broken. The next morning, I went out. Ate at the hotel next door. Came back to my living nightmare. I walked in, surprise nobody was at the front desk, but I heard hod like snoring come from the hags room. As I arose the next morning, I went downstairs to find a drunk random dude on the couch. I decided to try out the pool. There where beer bottles everywhere. I went to the beach. When I came back for a towel, I heard screaming coming from the hags room. They walked out to the front desk, still yelling. When they got to the desk they were still yelling. Finally, the time came to check out, and I was ready! I walked down to the front desk to find nobody there. I waited 20 minutes before somebody came to check me out. Mark my words. Never Again. Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Dont stay here at all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Unless you are a rowdy kid or a backpacker who doesn’t care, this “hotel” is NOT for you. My wife and two teenage daughters made the mistake of booking it at 65 euro a night per 2-bed room (after bargaining, it was 75 euro per night) with no breakfast.
It was very noisy, youngsters were up till 4 am, so were we. Toilet bowl wouldn’t flush, the old plastic shower curtain (with several long black hair from the previous tenants on it) hang on rusted iron thin beams, soap was a luxury, and lizards traveling up and down the wall to the ac. The floor was very old, so was the “hotel” itself. This establishment is opposite the sandy beach. Our daughters said it would be better (and cheaper) if they slept at the sand on the beach. So we left it and Ios the next day. The man changing our tickets asked us why we were leaving this beautiful island. When we said we didn’t get what we paid for at this “hotel,” he stopped, look at my wife and marveled, “is that damp still in operation?”
I wonder who gives a license to businesses like these to operate.
Overall, I’d say it seems that the beautiful island of Ios is a good place for the younger generation who don’t care a lot about basic standards, and the businesspeople keep it this way. Whereas they could upgrade ALL the hotels/services, attract better travelers and make much more money.
Theo V., San Francisco, California

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Came here with 5 mates and were put in 2 rooms, one triple and one double! The staff, from the owners to the cleaner were all exceptional! Very friendly, very humorous and always helpful. The location is ideal! The beach in front is where more "European" holiday makers spend there time, so it is much more pleasant than other beaches in Ios. The rooms were comfortable, spacious and best of all, clean! Would recommend this hotel to anyone considering traveling to Ios as you are located close to all the bars and parties with the luxury of escaping to your private beach front hotel! Very happy! :)

• Stayed: July 2012