“Medieval stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Detenice
Medieval hotel Detenice
Ranked #1 of 2 Detenice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love such thematic stays and I was keen on the atmosphere. All the details, the stuff behaving, room, fire at the reception...I simply liked to walk throgh the corridor, as I felt there like in an historic movie.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank evam634

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had an amazing stay here, the detail was amazing and the atmosphere was spot on! I loved the room we were in, i felt i was in some Terry Prachett movie! The only downside was that I found the restaurant a bit too smokey especially as I'm a non smoker and my clothes stank afterwards but overall I would recommend to everyone to spend a night here. I loved the fact we were greeted by a dwarf and he took our bags up to our room! I hope that doesn't make me politically incorrect They all speak In Czech which I found made it more authentic although our waiter spoke in English which I thought was great! You should definitely visit this place and is worth every penny! Or Krone!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Hotel Dětenice is a great departure from the ordinary and an unforgettable experience for all. The decorations and atmosphere are amazing, but what makes this hotel truly memorable is the wonderful staff. The room has a medieval look and feel, but with all the modern amenities like electricity, hot water and a flushing toilet. Try finding that in a 15th century abode :) The breakfast in the morning is excellent, particularly the way it's served. The adjacent pub is great for dinner, which is an experience in and of itself, and the food is superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Nice and clean hotel in Medieval style. I guess it will surprise everyone, who comes for the first time. Most of the furnishings are not to be seen anywhere else, and I was sleeping very well in this odd looking bed ;)

If you're going to enjoy evening shows in Krcma, it's a must to stay overnight. Forget five stars and enjoy this at least once.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very unusual hotel, nicely decorated as a medieval inn. The decoration is really well made and you could think you just return 1000 of years back into Middle Age.

A hotel to see for sure! And a good stay after the medieval tavern!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Delphine D
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This unique Medieval Hotel Dětenice (Stredoveký Hotel) is a great and wonderful place for experience and escape from the everyday reality. With our friend and children we have visited this resort several times and we always love to return. Great staff at hotel and also in a medieval pub, delicious meal and excellent program…

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed with my husband and a friend in one room. The hotel is a good extension of the Medieval Tavern "Středověká krčma." A long corridor was lit by candles and it was spooky. The room was small and sufficient. Candles were lit by the bedsides. There is no solid door between the bedroom and a shower & a toilet, so you may want to be rooming with someone who is ok to be intimate as such.

The breakfast was served from 8.30am and it consisted of cold cut meat, cheese, some cut vegetables, boiled egg, one kind of bread, soup(same kind as Tavern), coffee and tea.

We love to drink in the Tavern next door, so after visiting them twice, we decided to stay over night in this hotel. It was 2300CZK for three people. Compared to other hotels in CZ, we found it expensive for the accomodation and experience it offered. The hotel had unusual decor but that was all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hayney

Been to Medieval hotel Detenice? Share your experiences!