“Carlos Restaurant - Fantastic! :)”
Review of Carlos Pansion

Carlos Pansion
Toronto, Canada
“Carlos Restaurant - Fantastic! :)”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I visited Santorini in July 2014. We stayed in Akrotiri Village and had dinner and breakfast at Carlos Restaurant. Eva was very, very kind and friendly. The food was fantastic! Eva also prepares many jams and preserves that are delicious!!! We would highly recommend this restaurant to any visitors to this great little village in Santorini. Thank you Eva and Roula for a great experience! Joanne and Orlando.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We did not stay here. We went to Akrotiri for a drive in our rented car after we checked into our hotel in Imerovigli early in the morning. We took the first flights at 5.15am from Athen to Santorini. So there was not enough time to have proper breakfast. By about 11am, we were hungry. So we walked along the streets in Akrotiri and found out that most restaurants only opened and served lunch at 12noon or 1pm.
Somehow, we walked into Carlos restaurant. It was not opened for lunch. However, the very nice and kind chef, Eva, cooked for us. Her cooking was so delicious. We had greek salad, mousaka and tomato balls.
Eva even got into our car and showed us the way to the Archeological site on her way back to her own place. A very kind lady indeed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SleekVoyageur
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I loved my stay at the Carlos Pansion. Eva and her sons are so kind, welcoming and accommodating that it really felt homey. The hotel is also very close to a mini market and several restaurants, but Eva is such a fantastic cook that I often preferred eating at the hotel to going out. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The internet doesn't work in all of the rooms but it's strong in the dining room and courtyard (both of which are lovely). All in all, I had a wonderful time and hope to come back in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Julia B
Shamong, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Carlos Pension was wonderful. The rooms were a good size and very clean. The staff could not have been friendlier. They were extremely helpful with suggestions and figuring out the bus schedule. We received a light Greek breakfast each morning and were offered the opportunity for dinner as well. The location is a little bit away from Oia, but it is close to Red Beach and there is also bus that runs frequently to Oia.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank aricc25
Finksburg
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Carlos Pansion is a wonderful place to see. Eva, Maria and the boys were helpful, warm and friendly. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay in Akrotiri this is a great option. My husband and I wanted to stay away from the crowds, so Carlos Pansion was a perfect option.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aladob
Burlington, ontario
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I had the most amazing stay at Panion Carlos . Eva and her family treated myself and my two sisters like their own.
The Pansion is clean and very welcoming and Eva makes the best traditional food.
I would recommend this Pansion to everyone who wants a relaxed, simple place to stay.

• Liked — Eva and her family
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sukkie2
New York, NY
Reviewed 27 June 2007

I just came back from a stay at Carlos Pansion with a friend who is a long time customer. I was definitely pleased when I arrived to find a cute pension with the most loving and warm family in charge. Just as the other reviews have stated, Eva is the consummate pansion owner. She is a lovely person to talk to and is always willing to whip you up a quick meal, book you a taxi or trip on the Isabella boat, or store your luggage while you go island hopping. She also cooks some great food and cans her own fresh vegetables, jams, sauces and makes wine. She was nice enough to give me a treat as I left!

My room was very clean and well kept. Though there was no air conditioning, there was always a breeze flowing through the windows. There was always hot water in the private bath and the room was tidied up each day. I loved sitting on the porch and reading and getting to know the family and other travelers staying there. The pansion is located in Akrotiri which is at the southern end of the island. The bus stop is steps away and I suggest taking the bus everywhere on the island. It runs fairly often and is air conditioned and safer than those scooters. Akrotiri is a bit of a more remote town, but it was cool because we got to walk to the infamous red beach by the archeological site which was a wonder to see.

Maria, Eva's daughter, is also a delight. She was always bustling around and was happy to help me out and call me a taxi or just be a friendly fact to talk to. She also hooked me up with a trip on the Isabella - captained by her fiance and younger brother. She even gave me a ride to/from the boat!

I highly recommend Carlos Pansion for travelers who are looking for a place that is quiet, away from the main activity of Fira and and the other towns, a great value, and hosted by such a welcoming family. I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Lovely family who become your friends, home cooked meals, quiet, great value
  • Disliked — Had to ride the bus into town - but it wasn't really that big of a deal
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ciabi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akrotiri
Hotel Mathios Village
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Adamastos Hotel
Adamastos Hotel
#9 of 12 in Akrotiri

Been to Carlos Pansion? Share your experiences!