I have stayed three times at Pansion Carlos in Akrotiri Santorini. This place is run by a widow named Eva (her deceased husband's name Carlos) and her sons and daughters. This place feels like you have visited your lon lost family who take immense pride in making sure you are as comfortable as possible whether that means leaving you completely alone if that is what you wish or completely incorporating you into their family if that is comforable for you. The rooms are clean with wonderful ocean views (those on the 2nd floor) and simple, and the cost is amazing (usually 40 euro or so). The restaurant is frequented by people who usually make their annual pilgrammage to Pansion Carlos. People who come here are hooked by the love exuded by this family. Often you will find yourself at a family meal cooked by Eva and you will feel like you are not an invited guest but actually part of the family. Beverages (including beer and wine) are at your fingertips whenever yuo want, and it is ont he honor system to pay what you think is necessary at the END of your stay, and this goes for all their wonderful food too. It is a remarkably peaceful place yet it is SO easy to get into Fira (about hourly bus - a beautiful 10 minute ride), or a 10 euro cab ride late at night if you like to go into town then. Akrotiri itself is wonderful for couples seeking a romatic refuge frmo the tourists. I cannot say enough about this place -- I ended up here randomly in 2001 and I come back every year just to stay here; I always have grand plans to visit other islands but end up staying here. whether you need your laundry washed, an extra beer or two at night, a cab called, directions, they will help yuo with anything. EXTRA special is their connections with the man\tour guide who LIVES ont he volcano; they can set up a tour of the volcano and hot springs which is 100 times better than any packaged tour, and it is on the man's boat. Eva usually comes along if you ask her enough times. Just a wonderful, giving place which is easy on the wallet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southwest corner of the majestic island of Santorini, you will find Pansion Carlos nestled in the heart of traditional Akrotiri, located 10 km from Fira, 8 km from the main port and only 12 km from the airport. Many travelers will find the relative peace and quiet of Akrotiri a refreshing break from the excitement and crowds of the more northern towns, but easy access to busses, car and moto rentals, and boat excursions leaves the island entirely within your reach. A charming town with clear traditional roots, Akrotiri blends the history of a hilltop Byzantine castle with traditional Santorini architecture. Clusters of whitewashed, blue-shuttered houses line the walk from Pansion Carlos up the hill to breathtaking and unique views of the island and its volcanoes. The town itself is situated above the prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri, one of the most important archaelogical sites in the world. The friendly locals and intimate feel of Akrotiri make it the perfect vacation destination for families, couples, and lone travelers who wish to have a relaxing trip to Greece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Carlos Pansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlos Pansion Santorini, Greece
- Carlos Pansion Hotel Santorini