Hum ….from where should I start first.
If you are looking for luxury you will not find it here but for me and my husband the luxury was to find great people that treaded us like members of their family and not simple tourists.
Eva is an extraordinaire women that makes all of here friends(clients) feel like home.
She is an excellent cook and an adorable boss that runs the pension perfectly with the help of her 3 wonderful children and family. She also makes herself traditional products like carp leaves (delicious) in olive oil, sun dried tomatoes and marmalades. She speaks good English and French but most essentially she speaks with her heart.
The rooms are comfortable and clean the ambiance is so warm that we wouldn’t change this pension for a 5 star hotel.
Eva and her children are ready to help you out with almost anything from renting a car or motor bike, give you directions, and even take the time to talk with you over a Greek café.
The location (Acrotiri) pension permits you to visit the most important archaeological site of the island and also admire the spectacular sunrise and sun fall with out being surrounded by hundreds of people with hundreds of cameras and flashing lights.
We will be returning soon! We miss you Eva!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southwest corner of the majestic island of Santorini, you will find Pansion Carlos nestled in the heart of traditional Akrotiri, located 10 km from Fira, 8 km from the main port and only 12 km from the airport. Many travelers will find the relative peace and quiet of Akrotiri a refreshing break from the excitement and crowds of the more northern towns, but easy access to busses, car and moto rentals, and boat excursions leaves the island entirely within your reach. A charming town with clear traditional roots, Akrotiri blends the history of a hilltop Byzantine castle with traditional Santorini architecture. Clusters of whitewashed, blue-shuttered houses line the walk from Pansion Carlos up the hill to breathtaking and unique views of the island and its volcanoes. The town itself is situated above the prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri, one of the most important archaelogical sites in the world. The friendly locals and intimate feel of Akrotiri make it the perfect vacation destination for families, couples, and lone travelers who wish to have a relaxing trip to Greece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Carlos Pansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlos Pansion Santorini, Greece
- Carlos Pansion Hotel Santorini