“Great Hotel, Wonderful Staff - We'd go again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mayor Capo Di Corfu

Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lefkimi
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Wonderful Staff - We'd go again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I spent a week here at the end of April 2014 and couldn't have asked for more. Every aspect of our stay was excellent: clean sheets and towels every day and our room immaculate; good and varied food - something for everyone; a "village style" setting, again immaculately kept; a pool where the activities took place with the beach immediately behind; a quiet pool away from the hustle and bustle and entertainment, and a small flume pool for the children.

Another plus: the rooms were well insulated! Our room fronted the pool and had a small terrace; great outlook and, with the doors closed, little could be heard, even when the animation team was in full swing!

The excellent children' clubs - run by the animation team, led by Valentino - even managed to engage the teenagers and, despite the weather, the team were highly effective in persuading people to take part in the activities, even aqua fit in a very chilly pool - fun to participate in and fun to watch!!! Valentino and the team have great people skills and were brilliant at keeping us involved and laughing even under grey skies.

Despite it being the first week of the season and a surfeit of cloud and rain, we had a brilliant time.

The staff were, without exception, welcoming, friendly and always happy to help.
From making sure our, firmish but comfortable, bed was made a little softer to ease an aching hip, to the organisation of a hire car, down to the tiniest element of guidance and advice, nothing was too much trouble. Every member of the reception staff were excellent but a special mention goes to Lizzy, who was outstanding, for help and advice and has an amazing grasp of several languages!

At the pool and on the beach, the friendly and helpful staff were on hand to bring drinks to the lounger and special mention must be given to Slava, at the pool bar, for her delightful demeanour; warm and welcoming she had ability to make us feel as if she'd known us forever!

The restaurant staff were equally welcoming and attentive. The excellent restaurant manager was friendly and helpful but a special mention must go to Eya who's care, attention and ready smile made mealtimes so enjoyable.

The hotel bar staff were great and we would have spent more time, upstairs, in the evenings on the balcony, had the weather been kinder!

We can't finish without a mention for the support staff. We've praised our cleaner already, but an accolade should go to the all the 'back-room' staff who's contribution to the cleanliness, comfort and beauty of the environment is enormous.

The facilities, already good, are being extended and there will be an additional eating facility. This we discovered during an exploratory meander to the outlying areas and a question asked at the desk - we wouldn't have known otherwise!

I enjoyed a hot stone body massage in a relaxing atmosphere and there are also manicures, pedicures and fish pedicure available.

As a suggestion for the future, particularly as the weather wasn't good when we were there, perfection would be achieved by the inclusion of an indoor pool and a larger gym and health and beauty area in the new development.

All inclusive finishes at 11pm but a short walk away is the Life Bar, run by Taz and full of life and fun (oh how we danced!), and a few steps further down is a bar with a busy football focus.

Wherever we went we encountered nothing but welcoming friendly people who went out of their way to help. On arrival, we received a great welcome from the lovely Agatha at the Lord's travel desk at the airport. Her help, on our departure, was to prove invaluable when she helped our new friends sort out some missing paperwork. Such a safe pair of hands, thank you!

Corfu was the last choice on a holiday booked 5 days before we left, but this entire experience would make Corfu and the Aquis Capo Di Corfu, our first choice for a brilliant holiday experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms that we saw are good and your choice will depend on how close you want to be to the en...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sevi M, Rooms Division Manager at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this review, 28 November 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for this fantastic review regarding your stay with us.

It is great to read all your impressive comments about our team’s dedicated hospitality.

We are grateful and truly delighted that your overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I visited this complex the end of April, we will be Defo coming back, I cannot praise this hotel enough, the complete staff from cleaners to managers were so polite and friendly the could not do anymore for you. The rooms we spotless and well equipped, the food was great they always catered for your needs. The bar staff and waiters seemed to be at your beck and call all the time, the pool areas were always clean and you would never have to get up once sunbathing as the staff were always coming to you for drink refills. They were always keeping up with maintance of all kind from rooms to gardens. I would definitely recommend this complex to others. Thank you for a fantastic Holiday to everybody. Xx

Room Tip: All rooms are great.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from this lovely hotel. Staff in every department were fabulous, really friendly and so helpful. No high rise, just nicely laid out gardens and individual rooms. Ours was right by the pool and reception. From the pool you can walk straight on to the beach. Weather was changeable, but the staff entertained the children and adults alike, with evening show as well. Food was good and varied.
Must mention Valentino, Andreas and Eva, but every member of staff was exceptional. Only downside is that the nearest village is Kavos (2 kilometres away) and it is tacky and untidy. Lefkimi is a nicer place (4 kilometres). Aquis Capo de Corfu is a long trip from the airport, but worth the journey.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us.
Your positive comments are very much appreciated and have been shared with the whole team.

We cannot wait to have you back with us on your next trip to Corfu.

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Returned from here yesterday. Can only echo what's already been said by others. The staff are so genuinely friendly and take time to chat and look like they really enjoy their work.

The room was absolutely spotless and modern, although there was only a shower in a tiny cubicle with a toilet with an opaque glass door - not something very inviting when your partner needs to use the loo! The same applied to the toilets in the hotel lobby, and no locks! Maybe it's my reserved Britishness, but I do like a litle security when I'm in a public toilet....

Food was ok, good variety, but a little tasteless in most cases.I don't expect anything more though with an all-inclusive buffet

These are all minor gripes though. The real stickler for me was that there was hardly anything to do off-site. Kavos was closed (but you wouldn't want to go there anyway), so you were pretty much trapped in the resort. That's fine if you want to milk the all-inclusive for every penny, but I like to visit the local area on the odd occasion for a change of scenery, but that just wasn't possible here, which was a shame. Everywhere was dead after 11pm once the all-inclusive drinks finished. The bars were open until 1am, but the tight holidaymakers not wanting to spend a single penny soon disappeared back to their rooms within minutes and the place was like a ghost town! I don't go on holiday to go to bed at 11pm!

Having said all this, the hotel itself really is beautiful and the staff are fantastic. Doubt I'd return again, but that's only because of the location and my own particular likes. If you want an all-inclusive holiday and just stay in the complex for the time you're there and not spend a single penny, this is the place for you.......

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 1900-2400, right next to the pools and kids play area. Not great to have the bar staff s...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us.

We cannot wait to have you back with us on your next trip to Corfu.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have just spent a week at this all inclusive fantastic hotel, I arrived on thw 25th April. From the reception staff, waiters, and bar staff I have never met such nicer people, service with a SMILE and a true smile. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel which is right on the beach is a WOW and the rooms are a WOW. The food is second to none and the whole place including the gardens are so clean. If you could give this hotel a 7 star rating I would give it. I hope to add some pics soon. The only down side is that its down from the airport so transfer time after dropping off at 4 other hotels meant that it took nearly 2 hours to get there. Next time, and I am going back there, I will take a taxi from the airport just over 45 minutes, well worth it when you have had a long and late flight, but its well worth the trip.On the beach there is a lovley Greek lady hiring out Jet Ski Scooters, she is so lovely I want to go back there just to meet her again, service with a smile.

Room Tip: I had room 707 it was away from the kids area and pool so much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeff B

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visited the Aquis Capo Di Corfu at the end of April 2014 and cannot priase the hotel highly enough. The rooms were excellent ,the food was varied with themed nights AS WELL AS the regular food ( some of which was cooked in the restaurant dining area). However what stood out more than everything else was the staff who in every single department were extremely friendly and could not do enough to help. This included regular trips to the beach and pool by the waiters to bring you any drinks that you may require, through to the restaurant manager who if the restaurant was busy asked us if we would like to go and have a drink and he would come and get us when it was a little quieter. A mention to the reception staff also who assisted us with various things in a very pleasant and professional way. You get the feeling that you've known them all your life. Whilst we were there the weather wasn't brilliant on some days so the hotel staff opened the lobby bar (as well as the pool bar) all day, even though it was only supposed to open at 17.30.
The pool is beautiful and you can walk off the pool grounds instantly onto the beach, where the sea is waist deep for around 100 yards.
The bed I found a little hard even though it was quite big in size but that is just a matter of taste.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and if I go back to Corfu it will be the first hotel I look at.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of April and NOTHING was open in Kavos until May so we were somewhat limited wh...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently visited this hotel with friends after having a hotel disaster in nearby Kavos, we decided to check Capo di Corfu out and ended up booking while in the reception. From the moment we arrived, the staff catered to our every need.
The setting of the hotel is fab, instead of it being a sky-rise hotel the individual buildings added to the idyllic setting. The family room in which we stayed was very spacious, and had all the essentials needed, including a DVD player with DVDs stored at reception (perfect for the cloudy days which we had). I must mention Andreas for his attentiveness in the restaurant - he really took the time to get to know us! George in the lobby bar also deserves a mention. The pool setting was perfect, and activities such as aqua aerobics and yoga were organised, the highlight being a dance party around the pool. I really cannot find flaws with this place. I will definitely visit again and would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lefkimi
MarBella Corfu Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,203 reviews
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Mayor Capo Di Corfu? Share your experiences!