“Wonderful beach and sea, hotel could do better”

Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lefkimi
berlin
“Wonderful beach and sea, hotel could do better”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We've just returned from 10 days at the Capo di Corfu all-inclusive resort. My wife, our two kids (ages 12 and 16) and I all had a good time. We travelled independently, not with a tour operator. Just a few thoughts about the resort. For us, the best thing about the hotel was the beautiful sandy beach: plenty of sun loungers, no need to claim your spot with that early-morning towel on sunbed, plus a wonderful warm sea; the water is pretty shallow extending quite a distance, perfect for small kids. Great view across the sea, too, to mainland Greece. The swimming pool is wonderful, too. It never felt crowded, even though the hotel was full. Our main criticism is of the restaurant. Food was poorly labelled, every day we had to ask restaurant staff to identify the meat dishes, some of which had no labels by them. And even the labels that were displayed were often inaccurate. For instance, sometimes cutlets marked as 'beef' were actually 50 percent pork; chicken fillets sometimes wrapped in bacon etc. It's a problem that could be easily rectified, though.We were also disappointed by the lack of decent fruit juices at breakfast: juice was not freely available, guests had to request a glass and the juice on offer was not high quality. Having said that, the food itself was good, we always found dishes we could eat and never left the restaurant feeling hungry. Our room was spacious, but the two children's beds were pretty makeshift: there would have been enough room for two proper single beds for the kids I think. I cannot fault the staff: very polite and attentive. Slight problem on the final day: reception staff claimed we hadn't paid for our holiday. I told them I had paid on arrival. They eventually confirmed that and were very apologetic. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes. Overall, a very good, relaxing holiday. But I think with a few tweaks the resort could be sensational.

2 Thank g_girl_00000
Sevi M, Rooms Division Manager at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this review, 28 November 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for this fantastic review regarding your stay with us.

It was a pleasure reading your comments and sharing them with the team.

We are grateful and truly delighted that your overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Sometimes you just know, within a few minutes of arriving, that you like a place.
Capo Di Corfu was like this. Our flight was delayed, we arrived by car at 1am and yet were expected and felt welcome. Sandwiches had been prepared (without us asking) and we were greeted with a smile.
We stayed here for a week and all our interaction with the staff was like this.
Everyone seemed genuinely focused on us having a great time.
In the restaurant, again the staff were excellent. I would never say that this was the best food we have eaten, but it was good quality and varied.
This hotel might not be big enough for some, with 2 pools and really only one restaurant (although there sort of is a second one). For us this was perfect. The children loved the water slides and we felt safe to let the wonder (a bit).
Andreas one of the key staff was particularly welcoming along with other.
Nice touches throughout. For example mid afternoon cold towels handed out by the pool.
Also, daily about 4pm a team member goes round the pool area cleaning everyone's sunglasses. Neither essential but made us feel really welcome.
We will definitely come back here.

2 Thank Hugh_G659
Sevi M, Rooms Division Manager at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this review, 27 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us.
Your positive comments are very much appreciated and have been shared with my team.

The team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our island!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our choice of the hotel was predefined by the fact that we have two small sons (1 and 5 years old). I would give the hotel overall some 90+% evaluation with the following notes:
a. sea 85% - nice sandy beach for kids; many sunbeds available and (what we needed) very close to the bungalows (in our case some 50m so we could even let our baby sleep in the room while staying on the beach). Not crowdy beach bars and pools with very good drinks offer for AI and very friendly staff. Sea as such quite OK but I have seen better in Greece (you need to walk a bit to get to deeper water for serious swimming; water OK but also I have seen cleaner) but this we know must have been a compromise to have the sea suitable for kids.
b. accomodation 95% - very modern and nice including beautiful garden. A bit minus points for some mosquitos and noise coming from some equipment just behind our wall (but I did not have a problem to fall asleep)
c. restaurant 90% - quite large and very nice terrace (we managed to get place there without waiting for brekfasts but not for dinners), food and drinks very good for all inclusive type of restaurant. Something they should improve is the memmory of the personell - they were always very kind and friendly but really making so many mistakes and confusing even the simpliest orders.. :-)
To conclude, it was my cca 10th visit in Greece and I would say it was the best (a bit more expensive but very good value for money ratio ). I wanted to mention the few minuses but I can only recommend for families with small kids.

Room Tip: Even the furthest rooms/bungallows were still close to the beach and all very modern and nice. Unlik...
1 Thank Robert V

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us.
Your positive comments are very much appreciated and have been shared with the whole team.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on reviews and we were not disappointed! Food was excelent, room was good, service was prefect! I highly recommend this resort!!! We spent a wonderful week there - MANY THANKS! At the end I want to thank to Jolanda our housekeeping service (we stayed in room 2501) for an excelent job - fresh, clean room every day. To Kamila (Arete Restaurant), Nikos (Ammos Bar) and Maria and Neomi from Hungaria (il Pirata) for they smile every day, I can not believe that they can be every day in a good mood and their attitude is everything is possible! Thank you Capo di Corfu - it was just GREAT!

Oradea, Romania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I loved this hotel. I stayed this hotel 1 week. The city town was near just 20 min . I recommend this hotel. There was a lot of animation at this hotel. The food was excellent and the drinks was excellent. I want to return to this hotel

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank David A

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Have just a great week here. The facilities are excellent, with two good sized pools with the beach adjacent to the hotel! The hotel was very clean and the grounds well kept. Our room was lovely and was well maintained and had a nice patio area to sit out on. The food on offer is of a high standard, both in the main restaurant and the smaller Il Pirata! The hotel provided a good deal of information on excursions and the receptionists were very obliging when sorting excursions out for us! The staff are exceptional - they're all very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Andreas (and his team) at the restaurant and Pavlos at Il Pirata, they made us feel very welcome and we appreciated our time with them! The other staff we met (although they're names escape me) were very accommodating! Overall, this is a fantastic hotel and I'm sure people will enjoy their stay here

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank John P

Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent here 11 beautiful days at the end of June. Our babies are 3 and 2 and we couldn’t choose better!! This place is like heaven - amazing garden full of flowers, delicious food (excellent chef!), clean and warm sea, chilled drinks and kind and helpful staff. Babies had many opportunities to enjoy the moment – little pool for babies (very clean), shallow sea, playground, waterslides, baby club with smiling Monika, mini disco and many others. The service was really excellent – room cleaning every day, every day fresh towels, very helpful staff in restaurant and bars. We liked all the bartenders at the pool bar Ammos (especially Slavka). The French animation team is there only for people from France (I think they don’t speak English at all) but we didn‘t care. We had great time with very nice and smart guy Valentino. And our babies loved Monika at the baby club (few times she babysit them for a while so we could drink a frappe in peace :)). I definitely recommend massage, the lady has got golden hand. The only bad think is that after all that good food and drinks I have to be on diet now :) I hope we will come back one day!

Room Tip: We had rooms number 507 and 508, suitable, higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BarboraMazur

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lefkimi
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Aeolos Beach Resort
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel
Corfu Holiday Palace

Been to Mayor Capo Di Corfu? Share your experiences!