just got back from 10 days in this lovely resort. on the plus side, it hasjust been refurbished and is very hi-tech and comfortable. 32in lcd tv and dvd in room and lovely wide beds and plush furnishings.however they are experiencing some teething troubles and our toilet flushed hot water!! and there is an unpleasant smell near most of the outside toilets and i think that is because people are flushing paper down the toilets and the greek sewage system cant handle it! be warned!!
room service is as you require it - every day if you like. there is also a laundry service but it is expensive - but there are no facilities to wash or dry your own clothes.
free intertnet is available everywhere on the resort which is very handy! you can also rent a laptop.
the staff are all very friendly and eager to please.
the pool and beach are lovely and you get free pool towels.
the food is very good - worth 4 stars (some agents give this hotel 5 stars) with plenty of choice (although not much for kids - only pasta) and the restaurant is very nice. also for those of you who smoke (we dont) you can eat and smoke on the terrace.
ice cream is available all day, lots of flavours and sauces etc.
snacks are only served between 4 and 6 but to be honest you dont really need them!
however there is one big but:
most of the guests (about 90%) are french and so are all the entertainment team! and the french dont llike the english!! therefore we found that the english guests were snubbed when it came to the activities and evening shows.
most of the shows were french and only french guests were really welcome! - we were not amused!
everything was announced in french and not english - not even greek! we felt we were in france and we wanted to be in greece!
however david from sweden is lovely and tries his hardest to include the english guests.
also the resort is miles away from anywhere (kavos doesnt open till june!) and we usually like to be able to walk around the nearest town/shops when we are on holiday but this wasnt possible! the buses did stop at the resort and we were able to visit corfu town, however it takes 2 hours and 10 minutes each way!!
however, if you have a busy lifestyle and you are happy to chill out by the pool and eat good food and drink all you want in lovely surroundings then this is the holiday for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An endless entertainment and relaxation heaven , especially designed for families and couples , awaits at Mayor Capo Di Corfu. Our modern facilities , contemporary design and exclusive services promise an intergrated accomodation experience , for all family members , in a unique scenery of natural beauty and the most astonishing Ionian Sea View. Mayor Capo Di Corfu is located on the South part of the island , 2 kilometers from Lefkimmi , in Agios Petros. Within majestic greenish gardens and in front of a golden , sandy beach , you can create the best memories of your vacation along with your loved ones , to take back home. Here , every member of the family can enjoy relaxation , entertainment and the confort of their dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mayor Capo Di Corfu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Capo Di Corfu Hotel Lefkimi
- Mayor Capo Di Corfu Lefkimi