“One of the best”

Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lefkimi
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My daughter and I went to Aquis first time in Greece/Corfu and really liked the hospitality, the staff were excellent and made you feel very welcome especially Makis in the pool bar, he spoke to everyone by name. The staff in the resturant were very attentive and couldnt do enough for you. The food was of very high quality and found it to be ample and with great choice and you could eat as much or little as you liked. The rooms were lovely, enough space for us two and everything you could need apart from tea/coffee facilities as us English do like our cups of tea before breakfast and before bed! As in a previous report stating the beach wasnt clean, it was as they have a beach person who is out cleaning it and making sure all the sunbeds are available to all. The complex is beautiful with nice flowers and spotless and yes the gardeners and cleaners work allday and evening. If you have young children there is a kids club so they are entertained all day leaving you to relax. My only downfall was there were lots of french and only now and again tried to involve us but spoke in french most of the time so didnt understand, however it would be nice if they spoke more English and made the complex more international. I would recommend the Aquis and was sad to leave this morning. Thank you staff for making us have a lovely, relaxing time I hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2010
DAndreadaki, Officer at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2011

Your positive review of our Capo Di Corfu Hotel is a real reward for all the Aquis Hotels and Resorts team. We are very grateful for your kind remarks and are very delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to offer you a second unforgettable stay at one of our properties in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

July 12th - 19th 2010:- Excellent resort to go, staff friendly and very welcoming. Food of a very high standard, rooms of a good standard (although 2 single beds pushed together to make a double)! On a down beat note:- No tea / coffee making facilities in room, no free bottled water available (on tap) and plenty of mozzies (so take plenty of repelant) entertainment was aimed at French speaking people, although all are made welcome to participate. Would gladly recommend to all, and would consider going back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review on our Aquis Capo Di Corfu Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again at one of our properties in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.

Reviewed 20 July 2010

Very good standards here in all ways. We thought the food was great. The animation team was inspiring in their enthusiasm: they were having such fun themselves that it was catching! Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind remarks about our Capo Di Corfu Hotel. We would be delighted to welcome you again at one of our properties in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I always wondered how it would be to spend some days of holidays with really young and "live" children and if while the kids have a nice time, parents to enjoy it too!
At Aquis Capo di Corfu, I found an answer to this question: Yes, you may well have GREAT holidays!
All experiences gathered in these 6 days of holidays are pretty positive, in both hard shell of the hotel (a brand newly rennovated property!) and "soft" (polite and efficient service, that made it a pretty friendly approach!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

On behalf of the Aquis Hotels and Resorts team we thank you very much for your review and kind remarks about our hotel and it's facilities.

We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Capo Di Corfu Hotel and would be delighted to welcome you again in one of our hotels in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Last year we visited another hotel in this chain and were so impressed that we decided to try this hotel.
The hotel is spacious, exceptionally clean and right next to the beach. The gardeners and cleaners are working all day long. The grounds are very clean and there is no litter at all. Rooms are cleaned daily with clean towels and bed linen nearly every day.

The staff are fantastic, as has been mentioned several times already by earlier posters. They are always smiling, very polite and keen to help. The staff in the restaurant are brilliant, quick and efficient. Tables were cleaned and cleared and best of all as soon as we emptied the carafe of wine a new full one arrived.

The animation team are very good indeed, I know that they spoke mainly in French but they included everybody that wanted to participate. They tried to translate into English and German to make sure that everyone that wanted to felt part of the activity. They are probably the best team that I have seen anywhere - very professional and so enthusiastic.

There are so many beds around the pool and on the beach that it was not necessary for anyone to put their towel down - that did not stop some people though! We never had a problem finding a sunbed no matter what time of the day. Perfect.

Unfortunately, we were disappointed with the food. Yes, the salads were fine but the rest was poor. The choice was extremely repetative, unimaginative and usually overcooked. The staples were the same every mealtime and very often lunch was a repeat of the dinner the night before. I have been to several All Inclusive over the years in different countries and never been bored or disappointed with the choice at the buffet but I was this year at the Capo.
Last year at another Aquis Hotel (Aghios Gordios) the food was fantastic and that was one of the reasons that we chose another Aquis but unfortunately this hotel although of a very high standard in every other detail has badly let itself down with the quality of the food on offer.
If they improve the food then this will be a great hotel.

I have noticed that some people had a birthday whilst there and that they were given wine etc in their room, my husband had his birthday on the day we arrived - the reception staff and everyone that was signing in at the time sang happy birthday to him but he did not get any wine (not that it matters because wine is part of the all inclusive deal).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I booked this holiday after much research on Tripadvisor. I was going with my sister and our two 4 year olds so we wanted a child friendly place. We certainly got that. It is not coupley or aimed at any particular visitor so we felt fine being two single mums together there. The guests are mainly middle class and not rowdy. The staff are fantastic and just so helpful and polite. It was rather lovely to be lounging by the pool and suddenly have someone come by and offer to get us a drink from the bar! The little shop stocks everything you might need and a range of souvenirs/gifts. The evening entertainment is not noisy and didn't disturb us if we retired early to get the kids to bed. The kids club was super and the children had such fun there that we didn't feel a bit guilty about leaving them there for the odd afternoon. The rooms were spotless, the hotel grounds gorgeous, food super and the staff amazing. It was particularly safe for kids on the beach as it is so shallow for so far. And it is nice soft sand. Everything about the place is really top notch. I am not normally a fan of all inclusive style holidays but I would rate this as my best holiday ever in 20 years. I was so relaxed when I got home that I was almost horizontal. We only left the complex once in the week because we just wanted to get the most from the actual hotel experience. Although I believe the world is too big to ever go to the same place twice, I am very tempted to go back to this resort. Well done Aquis.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

On behalf of the whole Aquis Hotel and Resorts team we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very positive review about our Capo Di Corfu hotel. We are very happy to hear we reached our aim and offered you a relaxing and trouble free holiday.

We are also very pleased to hear your comments about the kids club and that the kids really enjoyed it.

Welcoming you again at one of our properties in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes would be a great plaesure to us and we hope you will give us the chance to offer you a second unforgettable holiday experience. Until then please accept our kindest regards.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

I just got back from Aquis Capo di Corfu yesterday, have to say the place is amazing the staff are all so polite and friendly, I have to give a BIG Thumbs up to the Animation team they are superb people, really know how to put a smile on your face, especially Bianca, Sebastion, Johan and Gail all lovely people and because of the animation team thats what made our holiday a great one, i really enjoyed the Sun dance which I know how to fluently thanks to Bianca :). This hotel offfers great activity they are so much fun, I did not take part in many activities but they are great to watch whilst sunbathing :). The food and all the staff were great at this hotel. I would definately recommend it to everyone I know. Also would like to mention the ladies at reception are really nice especially Lizzie she made me laugh on several occassions. In th evening the Animation team put on a great show even though it is in french it did not stop me watching the shows, I dont speak or understand french but all the effort they put into there shows and work is all worth watching. Even if you dont speak or understand french, the animation team try there best to translate in english. I am very dissappointed to be back in the UK miss everyone and everything at Aquis. Amazing place and definately would go back. The only thing I dont miss is the moaquitoes bites, I have come back with many :). Overall one of the best holidays so far for me. Thank you to everyone at Aquis Capo Di Corfu for making my holiday a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Tina
x

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback on our Capo Di Corfu Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such comments from our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and have passed your very kind comments onto our team. It is always our aim to provide excellent customer service in a friendly environment where guests feel welcome.

We very much look forward to seeing you again soon at one of our Aquis properties in Crete, Corfu, Kos and Rhodes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lefkimi
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Aeolos Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Mayor Capo Di Corfu? Share your experiences!