Let me start by saying that we had a good stay overall. The hotel complex as a whole was very nice. We travelled with others who also had rooms at the hotel. A couple of things let the place down for us.
First of all, we booked a deluxe double room, thinking that this would be slightly larger and more comfortable than the regular double room. Turns out it just had more beds (and smaller ones at that) and didn't have a sea view. So that was a fail. Luckily after a night we were swapped out to a regular double room, which had a bigger bed (or rather two single beds pushed together) and a sea view. So that worked out okay in the end, but heads up if you're booking the 'deluxe' offering.
The beds were not that comfy and the rooms were on the smaller side, as were the bathrooms.
The wifi was very sporadic and you basically had to sit near the pool bar to get any sort of prolonged access. Having said that, the pool area was lovely, set up with plenty of chairs and sun beds etc.
The room service was a little lacking, in that they kept running out if ingredients and couldn't offer certain cocktails and meals etc because of it.
The breakfast was very average. The offerings were a very ordinary scrambled eggs or boiled eggs, tomatoes and kalamata olives, some very ordinary cheeses then the usual continental style fare. None if of it was great.
The staff were mostly helpful and attentive.
The location was great, not far from the beach and several good restaurants were only a 15-20 minute walk away. The resort was well cared for with beautiful grounds.
Overall a good stay but I don't think I'd return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enter a sublime setting, ideal for holidays and romantic getaways.Overlooking the majestic Mylopotas Beach, Dionysos beach resort is one of the most enchanting 4 star sea side resorts in Ios and a cozy Greek Island family hotel, also ideal for anyone seeking for a fun and relaxing holiday.The chic and simple Aegean architecture of this 4 star beach hotel in Mylopotas is merely exceptional and the sea view, as the sun caresses the golden Mylopotas Beach, will capture your senses.Fill your vacation with unforgettable moments of relaxation in Dionysos 4 star beach hotel in Mylopotas Beach on Ios, Greece.The warm atmosphere, the elegantly comfortable rooms, the colorful gardens and the grandiose swimming pool make this beautiful 4 star Beach resort on the popular Ios Island in Cyclades, Greece one of the prettiest family hotels in the Greek Islands.Mylopotas Beach in Ios is a must amongst the island's visitors.Guests can enjoy their drinks by the picturesque pool of the hotel as they gaze away at the tranquil sea view of the gorgeous setting of Ios, Cyclades, Greece.Maintaining a balance between an intimate island family hotel and a glamorous sea side resort in Ios, Dionysos beach hotel in Mylopotas is a true haven.If what you are looking for is a beach resort set in the most beautiful location while offering high quality service and personal care to all your needs, welcome to Dionysos hotel... Your island-vacation dreams are about to come true! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Dionysos Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dionysos Seaside Hotel Milopotas
- Dionysos Hotel Ios
- Dionysos Seaside Resort Ios, Greece