“Very friendly,lovely people,very clean,fantastic views.”
Review of Marcos Beach Hotel

Marcos Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Milopotas
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Can't say enough about Marcos beach hotel,we had a fabulous holiday here.
The owners are lovely people and can't do enough for you.The hotel has a lovely atmosphere,very welcoming,warm , friendly and very clean.
We personally made some lovely friends here and we would'nt hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of our friends here at home.
Fantastic...keep up the good work Jackie,Marco and of course the wonderful Alex.
We'll be back....!
Sue and Mark Pettifer

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank soomar
There are newer reviews for Marcos Beach Hotel

Reviewed 3 July 2010

thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay at marcos beach-rooms kept spotless staff friendly and helpful enjoyed sea view from balcony pleasant swiiming pool area but terrace was a joy to visit most romantic seeting especially in the evening

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donegalshores46
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I recently traveled to Ios, Greece and stayed at Markos Beach Hotel with my friend (two single women). I was thoroughly impressed with Markos Beach Hotel. The rooms were modest but clean. We had a small balcony with a view of the sea (I think most rooms had this). It is located in Mylopotas Beach, which has lots of restaurants, shops and water sports vendors. It is a beautiful party town that is excellent for relaxation. I liked this hotel because it was not located directly on the beach which made for a quieter stay. It is a 5-minute walk down a dirt path, which is no problem for able-bodied people. (Note: I think older travelers and those who aren't in good physical condition may find the location inconvenient).

We took the bus from the port and it dropped us 300m from the hotel. This is very convenient if a) you're on a budget and b) you can carry your luggage a short walk down the road. Otherwise take a cab.

I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ihateusernames
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We have just returned from an island hopping holiday visiting Santorini, Naxos and Ios staying at Marcos Beach. Hotels were set as minimum 3 star accommodation on arrival.
Of the 3 hotels we stayed at I would say the Marcos Beach was the worst. It was a decent location for getting to the beach and our time in Ios was probably my favourite part of our trip.

Marcos Beach staff were helpful, although the hotel was just in need of a little 'touch up'. It looked tired and in our room at times I felt like the doors to the balcony (which was an excellent view) were going to come off in our hands. Little things like the room air con system having a plastic bottle on your balcony collecting the water that dripped from it and then having to empty it yourself or face your balcony being constantly damp just had that negative effect on an otherwise pleasant place - but certainly not 3 star to my opinion. I know its Greek islands, but the other hotels were of a very good standard.

Staff there were great, and friendly - Jackie the wife of the owner Marcos was always helpful. Whitlst we were there, their was also a few 'regulars' who visit every year so just shows everyone has their own opnion.

Getting to the beach was about 200 metres ona dirt track and if you went back at night to the restaurants, the hotel was helpful in borrowing torches. Getting to the town was tough. It was all up hill, 1st to the bus stop and an even further walk to the town. We always got taxis. The town itself was awesome and would recommend to anyone to visit the island of Ios, but possibly shop around for another hotel as this was plainly average.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackson2609
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as part of the Thomas Cook Santorini Island Hopping holiday. This was supposed to be a 3* holiday, but the Marcos beach was only 2* - and it showed.

The positives:
The hotel in general was clean, the view from the room was great and the bar prices were cheap.
The manager did give us a larger room when we asked for a swap.

The rest are negatives:
Breakfast was limited to a choice of Cereals, Bread (and jam), Ham and Cheese, but no eggs! If you wanted more you had to pay for a full English.

No fridge in the room, air con and safety deposit boxes were extra. All supplied gratis in the other hotels that we stayed in. This had the added twist that the hotel kept BOTH keys to the safety deposit box. Fortunately nothing went missing.

To get to the beach, you had to walk down a rocky dried-up riverbed, only just manageable by day but unlit and deadly by night. To get back to the hotel by the road, this means a heart-pounding climb up and down steep hills. Fine if you are young, but when you are over 60.....

There is a lovely pool, with a nice pool bar. It's just that the pool bar shuts at 4:00 pm and re-opens at 8:00 pm, the exact times when you come off the beach and fancy a sundowner!

So our group of travellers are sitting around the pool bar at midnight, having a drink and a chat. Then the manager locked up the bar and told us to leave the glasses behind when we finished! Not once, but every night of our stay.

If you are young and want to party all night and sleep all day then this is the hotel for you, otherwise leave well alone.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Large_Dave
Reviewed 25 August 2008

As part of our island-hopping trip, I was looking for good value accommodation with a nice pool and a good location. Marcos Beach certainly ticked all those boxes.

The Hotel itself is well located, just off the main road between the Village and Mylopotas Beach. If you are travelling independently and want somewhere easy to get to from the port, then Marcos Beach is it. It is a 5 minute walk from regularly served the bus stop.

The rooms are basic but clean and a good size. Airconditioning was available at 6 Euros per day, which I did not mind paying extra for given the good value price that I had paid for the room. The bathroom had a shower curtain which is a real novelty in Greece. There is no TV or fridge in the room (which I had become rather accustomed to in the earlier stages of my trip), but hey, this is a 2* hotel in Greece and I suppose those are luxuries, not necessities.

The hotel staff were very helpful, with the manager Jackie looking up ferry schedules for me on the internet as just one example of the good service. There is a pool bar with reasonably priced drinks and a limited range of snacks available. The pool area was well maintained and there was never any problem getting a sunlounger at anytime of the day.

I am not a huge fan of traditional Greek breakfasts, but if you're into the whole cheese, ham, cake thing then you'll be ok here. If you're more of an English breakfast fan, you can pay extra for that.

As for the party crowd (of which I am not one!), you wouldn't even know you were on a 'party island'. There were some groups of teenage lads and girls staying here but there was no issues with noise or inconsiderate behaviour. To my surprise, it was possible to have a quiet and 'coupley' holiday on Ios and avoid the drunken kids as there were plenty of nice restaurants around for couples, with the drinking mainly confined to the Village well after my bedtime!

Overall, a good hotel that does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank msrx9als
Reviewed 19 August 2008

The person that reviewed this hotel a few posts down clearly does not know anything about hotels and accommodation and quality. Being a Gold SPG and Hyatt Platinum member I have been to several of the worlds finest hotels for both business and leisure and I can guarantee without a shadow of doubt that the best time I have had at any hotel I have visited in the last two years was Markos Beach Hotel! It's now the second year in a row I have stayed at this hotel whilst in Ios and I'm not planning to change next year.

If you are 18-25 this is definitely the hotel you need to be at because no doubt you will meet exceptional people who all gather around the pool and bar area for drinks before heading out to Ios nightlife!

This hotel brings out the essence of what a Greek Holiday should be, and being in a 5 star deluxe hotel where you dont get to know anyone and have no fun its definitely not. The owners of this hotel are wonderful and make your stay extremely pleasurable. You will always find your room clean and your sheets made up and they try their best to satisfy your needs within their means. Enjoy the owners company and the company of their staff and guests throughout your stay and I guarantee it will be unforgettable!

5 Star rating from me for Markos Beach Hotel!!
Nader

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ghnad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milopotas
Ios Palace Hotel
#13 of 42 in Ios
Brothers Hotel
Brothers Hotel
#1 of 42 in Ios

Been to Marcos Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!