We used to be frequent CP visitors ("Friends") but as our children get older, they don't like it anymore.
As my daughters asked it, we booked another cottage, for 2 weeks and decided not to go abroad this year. As we have stayed at the Kempervennen various times when our 3 children were little, we decided to go there again (and is also not a long drive from our home :-)).
I booked a Premium cottage near the lake and the location was beautiful but the thing I was dreading happened: a dirty cottage! (947)
Went up to reception and complained and the friendly staff mentioned that they would get someone over to clean it immediately (we arrived on a Monday).
Nothing happened so went over again on Tuesday evening (perhaps they did not have time and planned it for Tuesday morning?). Again friendly staff and said they would issue a new request.
In the meantime my daughter (13 yrs) started to vacuum etc because she found it too dirty!
On Friday morning I went to the reception again and asked what the problem was. How hard is it to come and clean a cottage? To my utter surprise there was nothing known about my complaints?? Lots in cyberspace?? Again friendly staff and he recognized me and found it indeed very strange. He would check again but it would be very busy as on Friday new guests arrive. He did give me the new swimming passes and other things for the next week so I did not have to come again to get these.
On Sunday evening I was fed up and demanded the cottage to be cleaned that next day, a week after we had arrived!!!
It finally did get cleaned by 2 (!) ladies and they were shocked that nothing had been done about my complaint.
Needless to say that the cottage was clean when we returned 2 hours later.
This is absolutely not done, the way my complaint was handled, the cottage should be clean upon arrival, that's also included in the price!
Unfortunately I did not check Tripadvisor or Zoover, I could have known this is a problem at the park .........
Overall it is a nice park, nature wise, especially in a premium style cottage near the lake, but with an extremely busy Aquamundo. One disadvantage: the worn cottage and the killer mosquitos!! An absolute turn off and we just returned home covered with bites & bumps! Take plenty of mosquito repellant and other insect killing devices. (Azaron or Prrrikweg (VSM) - both available at Etos, Kruidvat, AH)
While at the park, hire bikes, they are not too expensive and town center is just a short ride away. Only about 3 km's and has large supermarkets and a town center with plenty of shops!
The supermarket at the park is ridiculously expensive so stock up in town, even going there by car will save you a lot of money in the end ;-))
We were lucky to have 2 weeks of full sunshine and around 28 C, but this also attracted all the bugs (mosquitos, wasps, flies, etc) so we did quite a few day trips to escape the stinging misery.
Eindhoven, Maastricht (3 landenpunt), Valkenburg, etc. Plenty to see in the region and be smart, park your car at a P+R or transferium. Just google with the name of the town, could save you a lot of parking fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Europe/The Netherlands