We stayed in a 2 bedroom VIP refurbished cottage. On initial arrival we did feel that the cottage was quite dated with the bathroom being the main area of refurbishment, Perhaps our expectations of a refurb differs from most, but the cottage grew on us when we realised all the properties were identical in look.
Positives: Good for freedom, Cycling, friendly staff, lots of things to do, and our family all learned to ski during the week (special thanks to Tim who was superb at teaching our group) . Pool area was good, seemed clean and drinks were reasonable in the parc (Heineken 3.90 euros). Kids enjoyed it.
Negatives: Cottage felt dated and could do with a proper refurb. Seems some people park where they want to not in parking areas. Main complaint is a computerized system would be useful. We had tickets to use the pool each day, a piece of paper needed each day for skiing, bits of paper for euros bought in advance, a bit of paper for kids eat free, more bits of paper for booking up things, a map because the app didnt work great and free wifi ran out after 3 days. A system where staff could check your reservation on a computer or bracelet system would be less stressful as one day i had to go back to our cottage as I had forgotten the kids eat free paper and there was no way for someone to check if we had paid for this option without a tiny bit of paper. I ended up taken my full printed summary! there must be an easier way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Europe/The Netherlands