“What a wonderful escape from reality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Montfaucon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Limoux
Montfaucon
Ranked #3 of 13 Limoux B&B and Inns
Ashland, Oregon
“What a wonderful escape from reality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We spent a week here and had the time of our lives. This place defines luxury with big rooms, showers big enough for a party and much eating-drinking-reading space throughout. The staff is some of the best I have experienced and the location is perfect. We spent much of our time road biking and the guides were very helpful in creating the adventures, educating the group on the surroundings and solving any problems that came up (flat tire, etc.) I think everyone should have a week at Montfaucon on their "to do" list.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Friends who had enjoyed Montfaucon a few years ago were eager to introduce us to the experience. So in mid-June our group of seven enjoyed a week of cycling, dining and visiting historic villages in the region. The setting is a magical spot on the river Aude in the town of Limoux in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. Montfaucon is an elegant townhome built sometime between the 14th and 16th centuries and recently restored to its elegant and historical glory. The proprietor and his talented team have left nothing to chance. From the graciously appointed and capacious guest rooms and dining and living area to the custom cycling program we enjoyed, every detail received the close attention of knowledgable and friendly staff. All we had to do was relax, pedal, and enjoy. What a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We are an extended family of 5, including a 2 year old, who had the very good fortune to stay at Montfaucon for 5 days early in May. The house has been beautifully restored, is very comfortable and better still we had it all to ourselves. The staff were very friendly and helpful - Mo went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed while we were there. Joanne and David were very prompt and friendly with organizing booking, payment and transfers to and from Carcassonne. We would love to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are attractive and well appointed. Ask for a room facing the river or one on the first...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula B
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was so enchanted by my visit to Montfaucon in 2009, that without thinking, I jumped at the chance to return last month. Would it really be possible to recapture the magic a second time? Maybe arriving at the midnight hour in the pouring rain had something to do with it...but the instant Ian opened the gorgeous door, I stepped back into one of the most wonderful places in this world. Walking up the beautiful marble steps was walking in a dream. I even ended up in the same bedroom. When I awoke the next morning to the ducks quacking in the river, I knew It wasn't a dream. I was back in the Aude region, Cathar country.
Montfaucon is beautiful and luxurious with well appointed bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas.
There were changes in the staff, but not in the exemplary dedicated service. Penny, Maeve, Mo, Ian and Lucy were amazing, anticipating every need.
Excursions varied from ancient castles to an uber moderne winery/restaurant. Even the van getting a flat tire was an adventure! There were many chances to paint, sketch, and take photos
There was ample opportunity to get know the town of Limoux and its people through shopping in the market and shops, cafe hopping, attending church services, dancing in the square after dinner etc.
Would I return a third time? In a magical minute!
Susan
Salmon Creek, WA

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, you don't want the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I was at Montfaucon for a week long trip which included cycling through the beautiful countryside, dining at top restaurants in the region and exploring the great sights that the area has to offer. We were hosted by a wonderful group of staff who looked after our every need. I can't wait to return. This place is a must!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

This was my second visit to Montfaucon. I joined a group last year to paint plein air. The accomodations along with the cordiality of the owners and staff made me bring my husband along this time. He was as pleased as I was enjoying the scenery of the beautiful area, drinking the local wines, eating fine French cusine and touring the villages. The painting instruction was the best I have ever had, and the conviviality of the group made it a group experience hard to top.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

This was my first trip to Europe and I could not have asked for a better experience! The service was outstanding. The tour guides, Penny and Rochelle, were amazing. They made sure I had everything I needed, were professional, and yet I feel like I've made two new friends.

Montfaucon is in an excellent location. The town of Limoux is within walking distance. It has several fun shops and great restaurants. It's also within a short driving distance to several tourist sites. Penny and Rochelle added to the experience with their knowledge of the villages and the sites we went to.

The hotel is very inviting, warm and comfortable. There is a great view of the river from the terrace. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. One of my favorite memories is sleeping with the shutters and windows open and seeing a beautiful sunrise in the morning.

The dining room was set beautifully for breakfast and for dinners and the food was amazing! The staff was so friendly and accommodating.

Being a wife and mother I'm usually taking care of everyone. But this trip was a special treat...they took care of me! Thank you everyone at Montfaucon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the river. Three stories-no elevators. Ask for room on a lower floo...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fawn_aka_Sam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limoux
Grand Hotel Moderne et Pigeon
Chateau des Ducs de Joyeuse
L'hostellerie de l'Eveche
L'hostellerie de l'Eveche
#1 of 1 in Alet les Bains

Been to Montfaucon? Share your experiences!