“My arenal trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in San Carlos
San Diego, California
“My arenal trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Baldi was beautiful in most respects the first view of this resort was of its many hot springs and the colorful throngs of people streaming forth
I really felt it was out of this world !
The staff at the front desk were professional and courteous
There were some who seemed a little bored and didn' t want to answer any questions for example the Spanish words were difficult to figure out for me and I wanted clarification of words like heliopurto and Spanish for water slides aogano as a plus they have a great fee breakfast and the accommodations were very roomy pleasing and comfortable

Room Tip: Make sure you have a hooded jacket for the arenal hike it rains all the time there
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We just spent two nights in Baldi I was really looking forwards to get there but just when we arrived it started being bad. The check in took forever, then we arrived to a smelly room in addition as the time went the entire floor was completely wet. There was a leak not sure where from but all our cloths were wet and dumpy. I smelled the dump all night. Just appealing. And we paid $270 pn which is very high for such low standard. I would not recommend anyone this hotel. There are many other hotels around

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Abcdefghbri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The area is quite huge with many tourists from US who like to enjoy all amenities and service. The pool area is quite big but the atmosphere gets lost due to its big dimensions and the large number of tourists.

• Stayed July 2013
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have been here twice once with a day pass the other I stayed.
The resort is nice do to all the hot springs available which is a must to try out as well as the gardens you walk by as you are on a path to the next hot spring.
The music was great which made it feel like a party resort full of joy and laughter all around. If you would like to get away from the music you can walk up to other hot springs to get away as well as enjoy the gardens along your walk.
Unfortunately the resort was still under construction :-( therefore our rooms (we had to switch twice) were not the best. I also thought the rooms were very dark without much of a view.
The water slides during 2007 was not mechanically incline and the first year I had went was when the slides were being developed. The slides gave my husband a minor head concussion and we were not the only ones who felt the slides were not safe, but a friend from Australia also had a minor head concussion. Other than the slide my husband always reminds me that the next time we visit we must stay in the same resort.
I feel we should explore other resorts and have a day pass for Baldi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The hot springs are very very nice! They are stunning! But the staff at the hotel are not so friendly as they should be! I would return to the hot springs but the next time I would not stay in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We only went for a few hours and that was more than enough. First time in hot springs and I would more than likely go back! The resort was beautiful and it was a huge place. They have 3 slides, which are worth checking out. You go super fast and you just crash into the water. There is someone telling you when to go. Each level at the hot springs get hotter and hotter the further up you go, but it feels so nice. Lives every minute of it!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lizmc09
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were on a tight budget as we decided to just rent a car and not pre book hotels. (great way to see Costa Rica by the way). Our budget was $150 US per day for all expenses. This place was $200 a night. I hummed and hawed but then when I was told it included dinner and breakfast and admitance it was a great deal! I am hoping that heaven is like this place. I thought it was one of the most beautiful places in the whole world as we travel a lot. Simply amazing atmospher. Although all the waterfalls were man made the jungle like surroundings were incredible. It has over 20 different hot pools and even water slides. The food at the upper dinning area was fantastic. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Loved the bath robs, nice extra touch. This was definately a highlight of our trip. If your going to Costa Rica you should not miss out on stopping at this place!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. It had a balcony. I get the feeling that all rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Carlos
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Volcano Lodge & Springs
#14 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,698 reviews
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort
#18 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,340 reviews

Been to Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!