“Closest food in Costa Rica to my Moms!”
Review of Bella Verona - CLOSED

Bella Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Paterson, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closest food in Costa Rica to my Moms!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I was told about Bella Verona by Mark and Lucy from The Tree Houses Hotel a few miles away from the Restaurant. This food was FANTASTIC! We started off with the Marinara Pizza, no mozzarella, just grated cheese To get a pie like this, on vacation in Costa Rica? Pura Vida!!!! I then took a chance and ordered Rigatoni Putanesca, a dish not on their menu, but something I love. This macaroni made my stomach smile. My buddy ordered the Spinach Ravioli and he thought it was delicious. I highly suggest this restaurant if you are visiting San Carlos. Its not a far drive and definitely worth the drive from La Fortuna also. A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU!!!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank joe m

Tronadora
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Living in Costa Rica my friends and I are always looking for good food. My best friend found them by using tripadviser checking for good restaurants for a day trip. We were blown away, the food is just wonderful authentic italian food. We were so impressed, after we stopped for lunch, that on our way back through we stopped again for dinner! The family is wonderful and very enjoyable company when they are free. We had a wonderful visit with them and can't wait to go back again!

• Visited November 2011
Decatur
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

On my honeymoon, we stayed at the Tree House Hotel for a few nights. The first night we were there, Juliano and his son Andreas picked up my husband and I along with some others we had just met and brought us to the restaurant and also dropped us off after we ate.

We had such a great dinner that night, that my husband and I decided to finish our honeymoon with one last great meal at Bella Verona. We decided leave it up to Juliano to make our dishes. We ended up having a 4 course meal and everything was delicious!... some of the best food I've ever put in my mouth.

We ended up talking to Juliano and Andreas for a while in their quaint little restaurant and they were such a pleasure; genuinely very good people.

Hopefully we will make our way back to Costa Rica and to Bella Verona.

~Maria D. P. Horne

1 Thank Maria H
Decatur, Georgia, United States
“Best Dinner of My Honeymoon”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed at The Tree House Hotel for a few nights on my honeymoon to Costa Rica and Juliano (sp?), the owner, and his son Andreas came and picked up my wife and I and a few friends we had met....

We proceeded to have one of the greatest meals that I have ever had on this planet (I am a very traveled man).

My recommendation is to tell them what you like eating, but leaving it up to them to make your dishes.

10 out of 10 stars no doubt.

If you go to Costa Rica, the Arenal Volcano, or just about anywhere for that matter - I recommend making a trip to eat here.

We also took down a few bottles of wine and ended up chatting for a while with Juliano and Andreas. Great guys.

Marc Horne

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food at a beautiful, extremely clean restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had pizza marinara and spaghetti, after a visit to nearby Proyecto Asis (Wildlife Reserve). It was delicious! One of the best food we had at Costa Rica. I highly recommend eating here. We would definitely go back again if we had a chance.

1 Thank katieg22