“Great Italian food in Costa Rica!”
Review of Bella Verona - CLOSED

Bella Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Costa Rica offers a lot of different options when it comes to restaurants and places to eat. But certainly, is awesome to find a GREAT restaurant that serves delicious Italian food, 15 min away from the amazing Arenal volcano.
The Owners, Giuliano an Andrea cook and serve you, making you feel the Italian warmth, offering you first quality food!!
I fully recommend this place if you are close to the Arenal Volcano!!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at the treehouse hotel for a couple nights on our honeymoon and got to experience this wonderful hidden Italian gem. The owner Juliano was our chauffer, waiter and cook. He came and picked us up at the treehouse since we did not have a car. The restaurant is a beautiful little place. We sat on the patio and practically had the entire place to ourselves. The food here is AMAZING. By far the best meal we had in costa rica and one of the best meals I have had ever. Jualiano insisted we try some wine with our meal. We are not wine drinkers but wow! It complemented the food so well. There was a menu to order from but he recommended a few things for us and they did not disappoint. It was a great little treat on our honeymoon. The service was next to none. Can’t say enough good things about the restaurant, food and owners. Definitely worth checking out if staying at the treehouse and if you have a car worth the trip from la fortuna. Hope to get back here some day.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband is a Tico and we took the trip of a lifetime with no holds barred and returned to his homeland and spent two glorious weeks in Costa Rica. The best meal that we had, the entire time we were there was at Bella Verona. We were recommended to eat their by Mark and Lucy at the Tree House Hotel (also highly recommend) and we had such a beautiful night there. Food was amazing, ambiance was incredible, wine was some of the best I've ever had and the service was personable and excellent. We spent 2 hours there and even invited the owner to sit at our table with us for awhile. We had Caprese Salad, Focaccia bread from the brick oven, brick oven pizza, a delicious ravioli and a pasta in red sauce with the perfect amount of heat. 2 bottles of wine from Italy that they import themselves completed our meal. Highly recommend and we will return, despite the 5 hour drive from our family's home.
This place is not to be missed, it made for the perfect meal and we thought the pricing was more than fair for the quantity and quality of the meal. Better than some of the finest Italian restaurants in New York and Chicago combined. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I was told about Bella Verona by Mark and Lucy from The Tree Houses Hotel a few miles away from the Restaurant. This food was FANTASTIC! We started off with the Marinara Pizza, no mozzarella, just grated cheese To get a pie like this, on vacation in Costa Rica? Pura Vida!!!! I then took a chance and ordered Rigatoni Putanesca, a dish not on their menu, but something I love. This macaroni made my stomach smile. My buddy ordered the Spinach Ravioli and he thought it was delicious. I highly suggest this restaurant if you are visiting San Carlos. Its not a far drive and definitely worth the drive from La Fortuna also. A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU!!!!

1  Thank joe m
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Living in Costa Rica my friends and I are always looking for good food. My best friend found them by using tripadviser checking for good restaurants for a day trip. We were blown away, the food is just wonderful authentic italian food. We were so impressed, after we stopped for lunch, that on our way back through we stopped again for dinner! The family is wonderful and very enjoyable company when they are free. We had a wonderful visit with them and can't wait to go back again!