“nice enough place”
Review of Los Amigos Hostel

Los Amigos Hostel
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had a few days off and so took a solo trip to Tenerife. Los Amigos was ideally situated near the airport (taxi was 15 euros)
Was given some smart advice to RENT A CAR - this improved my visit a million times - saw the whole of the beautiful island for this reason.
This hostel is a decent place. the dorms are not separate - there is only half a wall separating them. So if you think you will have the noise of an 8 bed dorm, it will be more like a 16 bed dorm. Also the dorm beds are cheap bunk beds and not great. I would stay here again but only in a private room.
The staff are nice, and this is a social hostel.

Room Tip: if staying again would only get a private room. renting a car will be important.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Los Amigos Hostel

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

You are made to feel soooo welcome by the great staff. Nothing is too much... Spent five nights and really enjoyed the company of staff and fellow travellers. Although you are some distance from main towns this was not a problem because buses are available. And...the beach is five minutes walk....you can also walk to El Medano if you turn left on the beach and Los Abrigos if you turn right. I walked three miles yesterday hugging the cost past Los Abrigos...walked to Marina San Miguel...it was great. Had a three course meal including wine 10.50 Euros including a glass of wine....

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Diving
Wendy, the inside gal was great with communicating with me via email on where to pick me up as I was staying at a friend’s house. When the owner picked me up I was a tad sad to learn I was the only person diving that day. However, they took such great care of me and then we drove almost an hour to a good clear dive site, since there had been a ocean storm a few days back. When my ears started going crazy, Raiin took the time to make sure I was fine, found awesome stuff for me to look at, took some great pics of me going thru this cave thing and then let me take a nap between dives. On the next dive we went to a shallow place since my ears were still being horrible and once again…he tailored that dive to meet my needs. What I loved was it did not matter if they had only one client that day, I was treated to the best and treated like royalty. OHHH they also emailed me the pics that he took while on the dive, which turned out great, for FREE! If your wanting to dive with a company that has passion in what they do and enjoy sharing that passion to the world, then dive with Raiin????

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. They have really a nice place, amazing muzic and great people to meet. The only problem was that they are no sign from the bus station and I was searching a bit, other then that, for me it was an amazing experience

Room Tip: In the girls room, the snoring is a little lower :))
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights. I was a bit unsure what to expect from reading the other reviews -that is particularly why I wanted to review it! I found this hostel very welcoming, relaxed but at the same time very organised which makes it more relaxed because everything is very clear! It atrracts a nice mix of people. It is particarly good if you are travelling on your own. It seems to be like a wind trap -even a km away is much calmer - so bring warm clothes too.Reviews mention that it is out of the way - I would not agree with this and think ot adds to it. Yes it is not on a metro line but it is in a village between two bigger towns within walking distance and also has a good bus service -hostel has timetable displayed.Reviews also mention that the bathroom facilities could be better - they are kept very clean. Yes there could be more but as hostels go - I have never been in a hostel with lots of showers!

Room Tip: Perhaps upstairs is better?
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

wow what a pleasant surprise when i opened the gate to this hostel! the atmosphere is so welcoming,cleanliness of a very high standard and the freindliest staff you could wish for! will most definately be going back! the breakfast is included and theres plenty of choice and as much as you want of cereals, toast,fruit juice,yoghurts,meats,cheese and eggs and a variety of teas and coffee! you can also have a meal in the evening which is basic but fresh for 3 euro! best hostel ive stayed in and can highly recommemnd it

Room Tip: my room was next to chill out area and by eleven people were quiet and respetcful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kaz1962_13
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed for 9 days and has been the best holiday of my life so far.
The place is very clean, absolutely welcoming, the atmosphere is something special. Staff and guests very friendly.
Chilling in the evening outside, lying on the cozy sofas, sharing stories with people, from all around the world, candles on the tables, music in the background, sky full of stars. Just magic.
It's like a big family, I loved it.

Located in a very relaxing area, far away from the noisy traffic and crowd, beach just across the road, but very close to other bigger villages, if you fancy a night out (cabs are so cheap!)

Globetrotters, planning to go to Tenerife, you absolutely have to stop by!!!

BIG UP!

#2 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona
Muthu Royal Park Albatros
Muthu Royal Park Albatros
#9 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona

Been to Los Amigos Hostel? Share your experiences!