I was here for just one night on a business trip with a colleague. Other more central hotels were full so we were given the Reserve slightly out of town.
Reception and indeed the hotel as a whole has some kind of game reserve theme going on (name gives it away I guess!). The overall impression is rather dark as they have used dark woods everywhere. Not unpleasant though.
We arrived early evening and departed early the next morning, so not really enough time to enjoy the facilities which looked wonderful. The pool area was large and looked very inviting (though backed onto a main road, so probably not the most tranquil of spots). The spa also looked great, but no chance of any treats for us! I did use the gym very early the following morning. It was all good and very well equipped, though a little hot as it is in the humid indoor pool area.
Rooms were spacious and well appointed with a huge terrace equipped with sunbeds. The only slightly annoying thing was that the lighting in the bathroom was very dim and as all the fixtures are very dark it became difficult to see anything properly. I suspect that my make-up looked very dodgy having put it on in the dark.
We had dinner in the bar area - and you have to book even for that. The terrace was full so we sat inside - they obviously have a captive clientele here so the restaurants will be full. Thats because it is out of town I suppose. The shock really is in the bill. For a shared starter, a burger, a steak and a couple of beers each the bill came to about 200 POUNDS!! Seriously. My burger was 30 quid! What?!?!? Well luckily I wasn't paying - but still.
Apart from that though this was a very comfortable stay and I would recommend to anybody. Bit of a waste for a business trip as the value is in all the amenities you won't get a chance to use. Better for a weekend away by the lake I imagine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Reserve Geneve, a secret territory far from prying eyes. Hotel & spa, ideally located on the shores of Lake Geneva in a residential suburb just over three miles from the town center and two miles from the international airport. A cleverly concealed reserve of happiness set in 10 acres and available only to those in the know... The Nescens Spa, five restaurants, 85 rooms and 17 suites tell a story of a wonderful journey, far from the rest of the world. A warm, relaxed atmosphere, with a magical view over the waters of the lake beyond the park. Whether for a night or a few days, it procures a delicious sensation of feeling at home right from the first moment... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel And Spa
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel Bellevue
- La Reserve Geneva
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland - Bellevue