“lovely - but a waste for a business traveller”

La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was here for just one night on a business trip with a colleague. Other more central hotels were full so we were given the Reserve slightly out of town.

Reception and indeed the hotel as a whole has some kind of game reserve theme going on (name gives it away I guess!). The overall impression is rather dark as they have used dark woods everywhere. Not unpleasant though.

We arrived early evening and departed early the next morning, so not really enough time to enjoy the facilities which looked wonderful. The pool area was large and looked very inviting (though backed onto a main road, so probably not the most tranquil of spots). The spa also looked great, but no chance of any treats for us! I did use the gym very early the following morning. It was all good and very well equipped, though a little hot as it is in the humid indoor pool area.

Rooms were spacious and well appointed with a huge terrace equipped with sunbeds. The only slightly annoying thing was that the lighting in the bathroom was very dim and as all the fixtures are very dark it became difficult to see anything properly. I suspect that my make-up looked very dodgy having put it on in the dark.

We had dinner in the bar area - and you have to book even for that. The terrace was full so we sat inside - they obviously have a captive clientele here so the restaurants will be full. Thats because it is out of town I suppose. The shock really is in the bill. For a shared starter, a burger, a steak and a couple of beers each the bill came to about 200 POUNDS!! Seriously. My burger was 30 quid! What?!?!? Well luckily I wasn't paying - but still.

Apart from that though this was a very comfortable stay and I would recommend to anybody. Bit of a waste for a business trip as the value is in all the amenities you won't get a chance to use. Better for a weekend away by the lake I imagine!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
lareservegeneve, Deputy General Manager at La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear Madam,
I first of all would like to thank you for visiting us at La Reserve Geneva recently and for taking the time to share in details your exeprience on TripAdvisor.
We're glad to read that you enjoy your stay with us even if too short to really take advantage of our numerous facilities.
Be assured that your remarks regarding the lighting in the bathroom & our pricing at the bar will be reviewed and taken into consideration.
As you gently mention it, I kindly invite you to contact me directly for a visit during a week-end break to even better benefit from our amazing "city-resort" or maybe for a longer business trip which will allow you to spend more time in the hotel.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back,
Vincent Tissier - Deputy GM - vtissier@lareserve.ch - +41 22 959 59 10

Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife and I spent a long weekend break at La Reserve to celebrate a milestone birthday. From the moment of arrival we were treated exceptionally well and the staff did everything in their power to make our stay memorable and thoroughly enjoyable. Fortunate to be upgrade we were accommodated in a large spacious room with stunning views. The uncrowded heated outdoor pool was a pleasure to use as were the facilities and treatments of the luxurious Spa. We ate in all restaurants and were very pleased with the quality of food and service. All in all a wonderful weekend at a First Class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikey-G1

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for having chosen La Reserve Geneva to celebrate a special occasion with your wife.
We truly appreciate that you take the time to share your high satisfaction with us through TripAdvisor.
We are really pleased to read that everything met your highest satisfaction, especially when celebrating a special event.
Should you wish to enjoy La Reserve again, it will be our great pleasure to welcome you back & to continue “pampering you”.
Remaining at your personal disposal,

Vincent Tissier - Deputy GM - vtissier@lareserve.ch - +41 22 959 59 10

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Located outside town so you can go there by boat (pick up spots downtown, fi at the English Garden) and enjoy the stunning view on the lake and the Alps from their terrace. A bit too expensive compared to better hotels in town, especially for their Sunday brunch which is ridiculous and does not include an "all in" formula. It is better to just have a drink there and go and eat downtown by the lake or in the old town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LuneLune
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I was told by an associate that during my next visit to Geneve, to stay at La Reserve. Respecting his very high praise with regard to this establishment, I therefore did so. Still a dear friend, I shall NEVER listen to him again! Unless you like driving endlessly to get to your hotel, being met with the sight of "flaming torches" upon arrival, and a lobby adorned with parrot lamps, busy walls and carpeting, and a giant faux elephant... I did not know a that the Swiss would allow such a place that takes it's decor ideas from somewhere between a cross between Las Vegas mixed with an African safari! Very strange! The palate of multiple colors used in my room were so loud, that even the deaf could have trouble falling asleep! However, I must say... the spa was impressive. Perhaps I am being a bit tough on this hotel. I am sure that it is a better place to stay during a warmer climate. The grounds look green and lovely on the internet... At least their chosen interior designer cannot tamper with nature's innate splendor. However, next time... I will stick the Le Richemond, Merci beaucoup!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank MonarchosSeven
lareservegeneve, Deputy Genaral Manager at La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Dear Madam,
we first of all would like to thank you for taking the time to share your coments with us on Tripadvisor. We feel sorry that you did not like the decor created by the interior designer Jacques Garcia inspired by an African Reserve & Lodge.
Neverthlesse, we're glad that you nicely rated the different service categories. You're right to mention that our 4ha park directly on the lake make the experience even more pleasant during the nice season.
We also appreciate your kind coment about our Spa.
Based on those good points, let me invite you to contact me directly in case you would like to exeprience La Reserve again during the summer period - vtissier@lareserve.ch + 41 22 959 59 10.
Vincent Tissier - Deputy GM

Reviewed 5 January 2011

truly nice place for a relaxing week end, excellent spa, nice lounge and resto - advised for couples

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silkroad91
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We came to Geneva for business just for 2 nights. Since it was a business trip we were looking for nice accommodation, but not too expensive. Friends recommend us La reserve.
The price was still too high, but we decide to check it out. The first thing we did not like was the location....it is nice to be near airport, but there is nothing else to do...you have to go with the taxi everywhere....and sometimes it takes too long for taxi to come.
The hotel interior is not particularly my taste , but interesting, different and nice ambiance . Rooms were very comfortable. I would suggest them to re look at their shampoo, lotion etc products. The packaging looks very nice, but impossible to open, you almost need to have a knife (naturally i dont have it with me when I am in the shower :-)).
The service in the hotel was very nice and professional.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but I don"t think I will return there. Its nice to see once!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank alicewaltinska
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Property and the rooms are beautiful. Boat ride service across the lake is divine (when the weather permits -- otherwise, expect $35 taxi rides to and from city center which add up). Food and beverage were quite good although pricier than usual even at the 5 star level. Breakfast on the terrace facing the lake is a treat. If you have a lakeside room, you need to be on the 2nd floor or else you wouldn't see much. Kids play area is exceptionally good. Our kids loved it. We also liked the drop-off child care service. Lunch at the spa is a nice activity. The gym was decent. Concierge was helpful; hotel lent us a stroller when we needed it. Our main problem was that the hotel is uber-trendy and people with kids tend to feel out of place. You get the feeling the hotel doesn't really want such guests around except that they give you all sorts of things for the kids upon arrival and the kiddie food was excellent, and the staff were all very nice to us and our kids. This is a resort close to the city with great grounds and a feeling of being away from the city. It is not a good place to be if you want to go outside and be in the city. It is also a bummer if you are counting on the boat; 50% of the time we were there it wasn't happening due to weather. There is a train connection but we didn't use it; might be better to access this hotel via the airport train station rather than central station. Those taxi rides add up big time. But overall, i liked the hotel and it worked well for us with the kids.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Saint-Gervais Les Bergues
Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Hotel d'Angleterre
#2 of 106 in Geneva
Wilson
Hotel President Wilson
Hotel President Wilson
#10 of 106 in Geneva

Been to La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!