“Really nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
“Really nice stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hi
Stayed at the La Reserve recently and I must say that it was absolutely one of the best stays I've ever stayed in and is definitely one of the best hotels in Geneva.

Try for the Lake facing rooms.
The hotel has excellent restaurants and staff is very friendly and being a "small " hotel on the second day everyone knows you.

Will highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
lareservegeneve, Deputy General Manager at La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recommendation regarding La Réserve Geneva.

We are happy to learn that we are one of the "best hotels in Geneva" and that you rated our restaurants as "excellent".

We would be very happy to see you again and all remain at your disposal,

Best Regards,

Vincent Tissier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I go quite often to Geneva and I am constantly trying different hotels and La Reserve is one of my favorite. I love the atmosphere and the service. The rooms are okay, but they have a great spa and pool. The service is excellent and it has a cool lounge scene. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

...and only 10 mins from the lake and city centre. I have stayed here each year for several years and it is consistently good. Great service and atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your kind comment on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and feel proud about your satisfaction "each year".

Best Regards,

Brussels
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Me and my wife stayed here on multiple occasions. Everything is perfect. There is an atmosphere
and design here that pictures cannot catch. Prices are not higher in La Reserve restaurants if you compare to what you pay in restaurants in Geneva. What you get here is top notch service and great food. The chinese restaurant is the best we ever tried.The staff is amazing, always happy to help you and on time if we had any requests.
The spa is excellent and we always have an relaxing time at the pool side, its so relaxing that we are always late for the dinner. The little extras you receive like water/tea in the spa to cookies and water etc up on your arrival is very much appreciated by us. The location: on one side you have the Jura mountains and on the other you have the Alps and Mont Blanc......amazing.
We been traveling to Leading hotels of the world over the years and i never put anything up on trip advisor but this place is VERY special.
Lucas and Ewa

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucas_KBrussels
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your "unique" comment posted on TripAdvisor and feel very proud that it is dedicated it for La Réserve Geneva.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your "perfect" times and that our restaurant the Tsé-Fung is "the best" you ever tried.

We would love for you to come back to our "very special" place.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had the most magnificent time from a service perspective at La Reserve Hotel. I went by myself, and felt very comfortable. From the moment I set foot on the beautiful property and walk through the glorious halls to my stately suite overlooking Lake Geneva. My only regret is I didn't come during the summer when I could use the pool (they drain it during the colder season). The service was impeccable, from the Bellman to the Restaurant staff. The SPA is straight out of a designer magazine. It is extremely pleasing to look at and quiet - which is VERY important to those of us who go to a spa to RELAX. The food was excellent and I will vist again and again. Enjoy your rockstar status at La Reserve. The only caveat is they quote packages and those don't mirror what is on the website, which was disappointing as it was considerably higher priced.

Room Tip: Get a lake view and stay in the SPA section if you will use the spa.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
lareservegeneve, Deputy General Manager at La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for having chosen La Reserve Hotel & Spa for your recent business trip to Geneva. We also very much appreciate the time you took to share your high satisfaction with us on TripAdvisor.
I regret your disappointment regarding the pricing difference with our website. Actually, our website shows rates and/or packages basis “from” and no fixed rates as our pricing policy is varying depending on the time of booking & requested period.

We were glad to read that you really enjoyed the quality of service along with our wide range of facilities. Thank you for pointing out how relaxing the destination is for either leisure or corporate stays.

We’ll be more than happy to welcome you back & please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Deputy general Manager
Paris, france
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have mixed feelings about our recent stay-- some excellent features, and some unacceptable ones. Excellent: the spa, the pool, the gym spectacular setting and services; the concierge, receptionist and car valet team-- professional and efficient yet personal;.Unaceeptable; the housekeeping staff, two nights in a row neglecting the turndown service for two people and leaving us with one towel, one water, one glass! other than that, the rest was good overall. The Chinese restaurant a bit less wonderful than I remembered it (fried food was a bit heavier and oily).
All in all, i may go back some of my Geneva trips to experience the spa and gym again and maybe find a table at the Loti.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
lareservegeneve, Deputy General Manager at La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Traveler, dear Guest,

Many thanks for having chosen La Reserve for your recent family stay in Geneva & for having taken the time to share your thoughts with us through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that many of our services and facilities have met or even exceeded your expectations but this does not occult your non satisfaction regarding the housekeeping service. Be assured that your remarks have been duly taken into account and reviewed with the appropriate persons to avoid any kind of reoccurrence as these incidents do not reflect the quality of service we aim at providing to our guests. Please accept our most sincere apologizes for this lack of service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and be sure that no effort will be spared to make this new experience purely enjoyable.

Deputy General Manager
Costa Blanca
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I've just got back from a business trip to Geneva where I stayed at La Reserve, the most fashionable place in town (it was someone else's choice, not mine). Oddly, for such a fashionable hotel the buildings from the outside are ugly. It's never going to win awards for it architecture, that's for sure. It looks like a 1980's take on a 1960's golf resort hotel...

Inside is a different story. It is very nicely designed, with a dark, cozy and interesting interior although it suffers a little from too much fushion... a bit of Asian here, a bit of ski lodge there, mixed with a bit of the trendy Hotel Coste in Paris. But over all it is quite nice. The rooms are nicely done but still have that 1980's new build feel to them, and considering the price I'm not sure you'd be better at the Beau Rivage or one of the other Grande Dames of Geneva.

However, people come here because it's fashionable and are prepared to pay high prices to see all the Ferraris, Bentley, Lambo's etc outside and hang out with the Geneva young, rich crowd. There is a place for hotels like this in every major city and it appeals to many. I am not adverse to a few nights of that kind of indulgence myself, from time to time, so I am not going to judge it on the prices of the rooms or the clientele. You either like that kind of place or you don't. I err towards the latter but not vehemently.

I do have a point however that I would like to highlight and that's the price of the food. With the Swiss Franc at 1.20 to the Euro the food and drinks at this place are simply terrifyingly expensive. In fact they are beyond any other hotel I've stayed at in the world... and that's saying something.

Let me give you an example - four of us ate 3 cheese burgers, 1 steak tartare, 3 glasses of wine, 1 beer and three rum and cokes in the bar. The cost - CHF 630. We also had a set menu Chinese lunch with three glasses of wine and a bottle of water - CHF 550. The bar food was fine but certainly not gourmet burgers or stunning steak tartar...the rum was bog- standard Bacardi and the wine was a decent enough Bordeaux but the price was world class. An entrecote steak will set you back 85 CHF and it's not as if it's in the best, most famous steak restaurant in town with specially sourced beef etc...

The service in the bar over the three days that we stayed there was at best indifferent, and at worst frustratingly slow, with all the staff hugely indifferent. Really, it was not good enough for what I was paying. I don't mind paying top dollar for food and hotels as long as you get top dollar food and service.

The rest of the staff were great. Well trained and attentive but the food and beverage staff overall were really not what you'd expect (although again this is often the case with such fashionable places).

So would I stay there again? I guess if I wanted to see the "scene" with friends for a night or two and use an amazing spa then yes, but as a luxury go-to place for Geneva? No.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank thewanderers_spain
Dear Traveler & TripAdvisor contributor,

We first of all would like to thank you for having chosen La Reserve for your business trip last March in Geneva. Thank you also for your detailed review about your stay shared with us on TripAdvisor.
If we were glad to read that you did appreciate lots of our unique settings & facilities, we paid a great attention to your remarks relative to the pricing & staff attitude (mainly at our bar) which is absolutely not relevant from the quality of service and great feeling we want our clients to experience.
Please accept my sincere apologizes on that point and rest assured that all your points have been discussed and reviewed with the concerned team to make necessary adjustments. Moreover, for studying and knowing quite well the “local market”, I can assure you that we always intend to offer the appropriate “value for money” service & quality.

Looking forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back to La Reserve to enjoy “Spring & Summer” charms of our property, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hotel d'Angleterre
Wilson
Hotel President Wilson
Hotel President Wilson
#9 of 105 in Geneva

Been to La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!