“Superb fish, superb staff.”
Review of Argo Restaurant

Argo Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Haraki
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visited this place while on holiday with friends. One of the best fish restaurants I have ever been to. I had the red mullet which was superb, not the cheapest thing I've ever ordered but so very worth it as it is all freshly caught and tasted absolutely delicious.

The staff were very friendly and they really do make sure you have an enjoyable and relaxing meal. The view is also superb as its built on the rocks at the edge of the sea overlooking Haraki bay, which is also lovely.

I cannot praise this place enough, if you ever find yourself in a position to visit then I would highly recommend a meal here.

1  Thank GStebbs

Reviewed 17 July 2014

during my stay in the village i was invited by friends to have dinner at Argo restaurant.
All food was cooked very nice, taste was amazing and french fires which are my favourites and they are not easy to be cooked well and healthy they were superb!!
scenery was also very romantic since we were seating by the sea having the moon just in frond of us.

its a place to go for sure!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came across this lovely restaurant when we picked up our hire car from M&S rentals on the same bay.

It sits on the edge of the pretty sea front at Haraki and we could not resist going back to try out the menu. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed in and shown all the fresh fish available in the freezers. So much to choose from.

Even the starters were large portions, I had a haloumi and vegetable skewer which was very tasty and our friends had the feta in pastry both were beautifully presented and tasty!

The red mullet was the specialty of the area, we also ordered swordfish and salmon all which were cooked perfectly and tasted delightful.

The views across the beach are a bonus and made the whole lunch a very relaxing experience, while the staff were very attentive and friendly.

Thank you Argo for a lovely lunch!

Amy, Lawrence, Dave, Nadine x

1  Thank amybear79
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We'd randomly taken a road to the coast to find somewhere for a light lunch and would say that Haraki looks like a lovely quiet resort to stay.

This restaurant is on an outcrop of rocks forming a natural bay, we were seated in a position that I could see down into the water watching the wee fish swimming around. I learned that the fish were called sand smelt and that's what I had for lunch! Very similar to whitebait insofar as you eat them cooked whole. Hubby had a generous fresh spinach salad and we shared cheese pies (OMG the Greeks have such amazing food!).

The owner was friendly and helpful, part of a very relaxing and enjoyable lunch. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank ffls
Reviewed 20 June 2014

An excellent restaurant, located just on the edge of the bay in a small village of Haraki.

The view is excellent, though the wind can get strong on the exposed side. Well, for me this is a bonus ;) but not for everyone would obviously be.

Decor is simple but functional; toilets are great. Most of the seating area is practically outdoors.

The food is great, delicious and fresh. There are some greek standards and several local specialities, but the key to this place lies in fresh fish. These vary day by day, as the fishermen bounty varies; these can be fried or grilled according to your preference.

The Staff is excellent. Helpful, knowledgable, kind, willing to go to extra lengths to cater for special wishes (like finding some fresh mint for mint tee).

Of all our many visits to Greece this must have been the best fish... twice ;) as we visied twice.

1  Thank MalGrzes