“Good accommodation with air con.”
Review of Casa Clara

Casa Clara
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms simply furnished in a modern style. In the middle of the old part of the town with roads either side, but not too much traffic noise and because it has air con you can keep the windows closed.
Nice cafe, bar,restaurant beneath the rooms and several other places to eat within a few minutes walk. Good breakfasts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil P

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Our first experience of Hostal Casa Clara was very positive. The room was modern but extremely comfortable. The decor generally is tasteful and restful. The hostal is extremely clean and has every facility.
We enjoyed our stay very much, and Anna and Marga could not have been more attentive or more pleasant hosts. The dinner was very professional, tasty and excellent value.Breakfast was also well done.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Very friendly staff. Hotel in good location in lovely old town, within walking distance of nature reserve: Parc Natural dels Aiguamolls de l'Emporda, which is very good for bird watching. Easy to catch bus to the spectacular ancient Greek and Roman site of d'Empuries. Old town is historically interesting and attractive with a town museum and working flour mill (also a museum). Good restaurant in nearby square with local colour, a friendly wi-fi cafe and atmospheric snack bar called 'Forn' down from and near hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sannaugwynion
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We had two rooms sharing a bathroom (it was us and our 9-year old son) and this was fantastic. Looking out our window we had a view of the church in this medieval town. The beach is 5km away, but we are we glad that we opted to stay here.
The hotel has a fantastic restaurant and otherwise there's a variety of other restaurants 2 corners away. Stroll around in the evening and pick one.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. After the first day they know your preferences of where to sit what you like and they just deliver - thank you!!
We want to go back to the Costa Brava and this will be a definite stay over again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lcrause
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My teenage son and I stayed here while doing a Catalan adventures holiday for a week (really good would recommend that too). The accommodation, whilst not luxurious was clean, comfortable and spacious - a suite of a double and twin bedrooms with a shared bathroom. And the bedrooms had the quietest air conditioning I've come across.

The staff were friendly and could not be more helpful - Sara made us a packed breakfast one day when we had to leave v early and so would have missed breakfast otherwise.

The restaurant, The Gallery, had really good food, for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. They do their best for children but not ideal for kids that only do pizza and chips. However Castello has a great Pizza place Las Voltas and Les Cols does great patatas bravas so there are other alternatives in the village.

Only criticism I can think of would be that there wasn't really anywhere to dry clothes in the room - an essential for an activities holiday - fortunately Sara came to the rescue.

Perhaps the litmus test - would I stay there again? and would I recommend it to a friend?
- yes on both counts.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've made over 20 trips to Empuriabrava, previously always staying in Empuriabrava itself. This time I decided to stay in Castello d'Empuries, a beautiful town only 5 km from the modern Empuriabrava. I read the reviews on here and decided on Casa Clara, I spent 10 nights in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff and owner were really friendly and helpful. The owner Ian even lent me his personal phone charger for my last 3 days. And Sara who sets up the delicious breakfast buffets gave me a Spanish language lesson every morning. The room itself was a good size, the bathroom was modern and the mattress was very comfortable.

I had an absolutely brilliant stay at Casa Clara, I really recommend a stay at this quaint hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank William W
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at Casa Clara for seven days while on a hiking trip. We loved the hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. After a long day of hiking it was nice to back to such a welcoming place. We ate at the Restraint (in the hotel) almost every night. It was some of the best food I have ever had. I miss this people I met there. It was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends