“No, no, no, no!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bogazkent
Vera Club Hotel Paradiso
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bogazkent
Oslo, Norway
“No, no, no, no!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I have stated in my profile that I rarely get disappointed when I travel. This has 2 reasons: I do my research and I set my espectations according to it. This time I had no influence on the planning, and I wished I never went.

This is not a vacation place, it is a tourist money-sucking machine! We went there as a family on a "special offer". The trip was one week with a mandatory trip to "cultural sights". We had paid for breakfast, and wanted to (as we always do) have the rest of our meals outside of the hotel by our selves. This was not possible (or at least very difficult). The hotel was in the middle of nowhere, and the view was rubbish. When we arrived the guide told that we could go by us selves, but it would really be better if we paid for the package. In reality we had no choice. I really did feel like a branded cow when they stuck a bracelet on me!
The mandatory trip was arranges so that they could double book the hotel, with people stying "on shifts". The trip was ok, but very superficial and kliché. They also made sure to take us to overpriced outlets (gold, carpets and leather products) to really try to suck out the rest of our money.

The only thing I really liked was the turkish bath (also for locals) at a hotel on the trip.

At the Vera Club Hotel Paradiso the food was good, but the drinks were awful. What was supposed to be juice was some kind of synthetic sirup. This was also what they used for the drinks in the bar. The only thing I could to was to order vodka and coke (about the only thing they knew how to make, only I am not sure it was really vodka), and hope the vacation soon to be over. By the way, drinks were not includes in the pre-paid package.

To top it all of we was taken to "a traditional turkish evening" the last night. I can not begin to describe the horror. The kitchyness, the "free drinks" (home made wine) the thousand people stuck in a room (I don't know how they would have hadled a fire), the annoying "original turkish man" with a stupid hat and cape that forced us to get our pictures taken with him, and the overpriced plates with our printed pictures for sale during intermission...

I have been to Turkey before. This place killed my will to ever go back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Anneleander

Solo
Business
  • Turkish first
Iasi County, Romania
Reviewed 18 May 2010

it is a good hotel, it is clean and the food is excellent. it has very few bars and the sea is very far. between the hotel and the sea is a lake and u have to go around it...its more like a 4+ hotel..the luxurey is just not there. the bartenders don't make pro cocktails and they move really slow.u have to pay the internet and its only in the lobby. it is very clean and the garden is beautiful.another aspect is that is in the middle of nowhere..u dont have where to go outside the hotel.all in all its OK :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Roznov pod Radhostem, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Nice hotel, staff was very friendly with excellent knowledge of german. Problem raised as a storm arrived. Roof was leaky, walls were wet, corridor to swimming pool was flooded. Food was very good, you just have to accept birds in restaurant. Prices of drinks and services are very high. If you want to rent a car, we recommend you to go to a nearby shopping centre.
Swimming pool was OK but changing room was dirty, in showers you can see mould.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Blankaon
Bucharest
Reviewed 4 January 2008

It's a nice experience for families, they have great shows every evening, food was acceptable, rooms clean and modern furniture, friendly staff, large pools, wide beach with sand 10 minutes away from the hotel.

• Liked — Disco with free drinks
  • Disliked — Dirty glasses
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Traxdata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogazkent
Crystal Paraiso Verde Resort & Spa
Alva Donna Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa
Club Victoria Hotel
Club Victoria Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bogazkent

Been to Vera Club Hotel Paradiso? Share your experiences!