Villa Lanterna
US$141
US$200
US$193
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshuttle bussmall feeold townshuttle servicelovely hotelpebble beachseparate reviewrestaurant attachedair conpizza restaurantsea viewtop floorgame of thronesrestaurant next doorhotel runno tea coffee making facilitiessmall bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Firstly I would like to say that having read the reviews it is obvious that some people don't do any research before going on holiday!
If you do, you would know that the Lanterna is in a quiet location but close to Dubrovnik.
I found it was just was I was looking for. A small but pleasant beach with 2 restaurants and a very short walk from the hotel. It is considerably cheaper than staying in Dubrovnik.
I experienced none of the issues that other people have mentioned - it may be that the hotel has been updated, My room was large, clean and with a balcony overlooking the bay. Stunning views. The bathroom was modern and better than mine at home!

I cannot praise the staff highly enough, especially Maja who went out of her way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay, answering a million questions regarding everything from Croatian pronunciation to the country's history and even taking us to the local supermarket in her own car when the hotel minibus was unavailable. She has a great command of English and even understands our British sense of humour.
Make sure that you visit the restaurant 'Magellan' which I think belongs to the same owner
as the Lanterna. Suberb food, attentive service and Maja you were right about the chocolate souffle it was to die for!
This is not a five star hotel as people can tell from the price of the holiday but as far as I am concerned gives a five star service and I can't wait to go back.
My thanks to all at the Lanterna for making my holiday so enjoyable

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helga O
Reviewed 5 November 2013

At first I thought this is a bit to far from the Old City. But needn't of worried, our host Adarko took us into the city and collected us. He was polite, friendly and very helpful. The setting was perfect.The food was excellent and price for the optional dinner was VERY reasonable. Our room was lovely with the added bonus of of a beautiful view. Would definetly return!

Room Tip: Higher floosr have wonderful sea and mountain view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank janice v
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Absolutely loved Villa Lanterna. Adarko, our host treated us like royalty. Beautiful surroundings, very peaceful, with transport laid on to take us into Dubrovnik. The best of both worlds. Our room was excellent as was the food. Can't fault it. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Although Villa Lanterna is a little bit of the beaten track we found it a nice and relaxing base for exploring the nearby busy Dubrovnik. The staff could not do enough for us, breakfast was very good and with waitress service rather than buffet style which made a nice change.
We used the shuttle bus every day and found it reliable and convenient.
Our TV would not tune into any English speaking channels all week and never got sorted out despite mentioning this but as I am not a big TV fan this did not bother me at all, however I would have liked a reading light over the bed as the room was quite dimly lit but apart from this could not think of any other things to complain about.
On arrival we noticed there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room as advertised but as soon as we mentioned this a kettle and cups were brought.
Overall very pleasant place to stay and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed one night after driving down from Split before staying in the center of Dubrovnik. We had a top floor room overlooking the bay, it was incredibly relaxing. The young woman who worked the front desk bent over backwards for us. Although I am glad I stayed in downtown for the next few nights as I liked being able to walk everywhere this was a relaxing break. I could sit and stare at the water here for a week easy. My only beef is there is no coffee maker in the rooms and they don't start breakfast til 8am, I need coffee at 630am!! Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family