Well where do I start....We stayed a few weeks back and the weather was great. The Hotel is definitely not 4 or 5 star.....By UK Standards....pushing 2 /3 stars. The rooms we stayed in were shabby and in need of a face lift. If you are lucky, you may get one of the Refurbished rooms which I believe are a bit better.
The food to be honest was ok. I am a BBQ person and took advantage of the grilled food every night but even I was getting sick of it. AI drink passable but nothing special.
For the day time you need to get yourselves up to the big pool as this was the only good thing about our holiday. The Towels are issued at 9am by which time there will be no beds left. Take some towels, put the umbrella up and stay around your beds. Daytime entertainment was watching people fight over them.
The night time was not very good. Everything was in Russian. I did get friendly with one of the guys in reception and he did tell me that part of the criteria for employment at this Hotel was to be able to speak Russian. We did laugh about every night being a Russian Night. I thought English was the International Language?
I really don't think its personal the way they behave towards you. I don't think they like each other. They are most ignorant and arrogant race of people I have ever met (and I know there will be exceptions but during this week I didn't come across any). We had plenty of "run ins" with them. They don't understand the word "Queue" and I don't think "Please" or "Thank you" have a Russian word for them but when you scream at them and wave your fist they move!! The Guy's behind reception also told me that there are not many hotels in the area that allow Russians for this very reason. The Hotel next door didn't allow them to stay.
Anyways This hotel is set in huge grounds and our room was at one end and the Big Pool and Restaurants where at the other....so if you don't like walking in heat then go somewhere else unless of course your Russian and they will house you in the Hotel and not the Village.
It was a cheap holiday, and we got what we paid for...to be honest I took the bad reviews with a pinch of salt...that was my first mistake...I am really not sure what hotel some of them stayed in but it wasn't ours...I agree with comments about the Entertainment Team....they where good and they did make us laugh during the day.
Wifi in Reception is Free but a total waste of time. I found out on the last day that you can pay for Wifi..I didn't try it or know how much this cost but this would have been used if I knew about it.
Now don't get me wrong I understand it's not England and we need to experience culture but I did not sign up for "Russia". This hotel should hold a warning about who they are catering for so it gives the traveller a more informed decision. Once you have paid and arrive your stuck and I don't think that is right. I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone, and I will pay a little more attention to the reviews before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SIMENA Hotel & Holiday Village is located alongside the magnificent sandy beach at an area covered with pine trees and it is 65 kilometers far from the Antalya International Airport. It consists of 5-star Hotel, First Class Holiday Village and Luxury Villas. In Simena Hotel there are Volleyball and Basketball and seven Tennis Courts, Diving School, Water Sports, 3 swimming Pools of which one has water slide, 3 Swimming Pools for kids and an Indoor Olympic Swimming Pool. You will have an active holiday by giving a magic touch through the different games and contests all day long and different shows at the amphitheatre and live music at the poolside and disco during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Simena Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simena Holiday Village Camyuva
- Simena Holiday Village Turkey/Antalya Province - Camyuva