“our week in the Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gerani
Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gerani
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were 3 adults without kids and we enjoyed a fabulous week in early July. The entire staff went out of their way to make the holiday memorable.
We had asked for a quiet room and had been given a room across the road, perfect. It was a quiet resort with scant traffic and the vehicles on the road went very slowly.
We had an ultra contemporary shower and very comfy beds.We were very pleased to find that there were no extra charges for the use of the safe or fridge and the tea and coffee were generously replenished each day.
We particularly enjoyed the Greek evening when live music accompanied our dining and the manager and senior staff displayed their Greek dancing skills.
There were plenty of tables outside and we were able to dine alfresco as we wished.
The cocktails , particularly the Singapore Sling and the Kirs were great !
We can confidently recommend this hotel and will happily return.
Well done and best wishes to everyone for all their hard work and making our holiday special.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask to be in the smaller accomodation across the road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank carol s
Manager_ACCP, Manager at Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Carol,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review on your holiday experience at Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise. It is always rewarding to read that our guests have enjoyed staying among us.

Moreover, thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sunny regards from Crete,

There are newer reviews for Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Over all a good experience within the hotel premises, but the beach needs urgent attention.

Pools dept: clean, inviting, kid friendly.

Beach dept: Life guard was on duty 1030-1700 hrs. Physically the beach is sandy where you sit, but entering into the water is a bit steep and difficult, not suitable for kids who cannot swim. The view is great, and you would think that the hotel would do its best to offer a good beach experience. Not so, unfortunately: the hotel is practically neglecting this central part of its product: old and worn sun beds and parasols; the sand is full of cigarettes and garbage; of the three plastic boats that are let to guests, one has no paddle (missing for over a month). The beach is simply not good enough for a hotel in this price range, therefore the hotel does not deserve more than 3 stars in my opinion. Pity, since the rest is better. Advice to hotel management and tour operators: (1) offer better and more boats, basic windsurfing, water skiing etc. (2) keep the beach clean, especially under the parasols, (3) offer better sun beds, same standard as as near the pools, (4) The wind and current were often strong, some ropes with floaters going into the water would help a lot.

Food dept: good selection of local and international food. The variety was even better 2 years ago. Price for all inclusive was fair.

Rooms: comfortable bed, good bathroom, fairly clean, but the sofa was extremely hard to sleep on. Several rooms are having trouble with aircon, ours was fixed within 24 hours.

Entertainment: Well, if you enjoy amateur shows, this is a good place to be. The volume should be turned down, though. Greek music was offered on a couple of occasions, pretty high quality, hope they continue with this.

Safety: kids roam around the hotel and across the (quiet) street to the football and tennis courts, also in the evening. Very safe. Had no problems with the food either, not bad considering the high temperature.

Shops: Three shops across the street offer food, clothes, beach gear. Price level is OK.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are exposed to loud entertainment (music, shows etc).
1  Thank Lutfi

Good morning from Crete,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor.

Firstly we would like to thank you for your generous comments regarding our swimming pools, rooms & food quality. We are happy to read that you were satisfied with some aspects of your holiday despite your disappointment with hotel's beach. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
For this matter, we would like to kindly inform you that beach of Gerani & Platanias characterized as Natura 2000, protecting the sea turtle Caretta Caretta, hence all motorized sea sports are prohibited. For the same reason, any cleaning machine for the sand, cannot be used. Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise has organized a Beach Clean twice every month with all hotel staff & our guests that they would like to participate, apart the daily cleaning every morning & afternoon from our beach staff.

At Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise we continuously strive to to meet your needs and expectations. Your suggestions are highly appreciated and taken into very serious consideration.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were living next dojor, so tried out evening out the à' la carte restaurang of the Creta Paradise. The grilled fish was very good, the chocolate cake enormous (after waiting for 40 min to be able to order dessert).

Else the service reminded me of My daughter's Hello Kitty Café app - doomed for failure

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_ACCP, Manager at Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit at the "Green & Grill" a la cart restaurant.
We feel sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
"Green & Grill" is a brand new, a la cart restaurant addition, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we will take the appropriate measures to address any service issues & prevent any future occurrences.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for a week from 15th - 22nd July 2014. We decided we wanted to have a little bit more privacy this year so we upgraded & booked a suite with a private pool. I felt a little bit apprehensive about this as I read other reviews of people who said they had booked this room & then arrived to be told they had been double booked & couldn't have the room.
We flew with Thomson & then travelled by coach to the hotel - it was about a 40 minute journey from Chania airport.
We arrived and there was a table laid out with water, fruit, orange juice & wine. When we got to check in a lady at the desk advised we couldn't have the room we booked as they didn't have any available - but to come back the next morning & we would be moved to the correct room. I was pretty upset as basically felt my fear had come true. At most hotels I have stayed in they have staff to help carry your luggage to your room. They didn't here - we were shown on a map where our room was & made our way there ourselves.
When we arrived I was actually pleasantly surprised as it seemed to be the room we booked!
It was lovely and clean and had lots of little touches that were useful. There was a light in the wardrobe, a free safe to keep our valuables in, a make up mirror in the bathroom, a hook at the end of the shower to keep my towel on, a decent hairdryer which saved me packing my own.

The air con however was really disappointing, it had to be on for a long time before you felt the room get cooler and half the time even though we switched it on I couldn't even tell if it was working. Also when you leave the room and take your room key - it stops the power to everything inside. So you can't put the air con on and leave it to do it's job and be cool when you come back. That was my plan but unfortunately if your room key isn't in its slot by the door then you can't leave anything on so you'll come back to a very hot room.
There was a decent TV with a few English channels. Most of them however seemed to be in Arabic and German which was odd as I would have expected them to be in Greek!
We had a lovely big balcony with 3 sun loungers, along with a table and 4 chairs to sit on - there was also a little bit of coverage which was nice for when you wanted some shade as it was very hot.
The only thing which I was a bit disappointed with was we were at the front of one of the main pools - and also directly opposite the restaurant. So while I was trying to sunbathe on the balcony - it was surrounded by glass so everyone could see us & we could see them. It was a bit off-putting trying to sunbathe and having people be able to see you while they eat there breakfast & lunch! The reason we went for a private pool was for more privacy - & that kind of defeated the object a bit. But we still had our own area which was lovely & worth the money definitely. I think if we were in a different room with a private pool that didn't overlook the main part of the resort I would have been much happier - we were in room 3511.
The food I thought was actually really lovely, I have stayed in a fair few all inclusive hotels before & I think this hotel won on food hands down. There were lots of options and nothing stayed empty for long - all trays were re-filled very quickly.
This was the main time however that I remembered we were at a family hotel - all other hotels I have stayed in before were couples resorts & this was not! The children in the restaurant were constantly dropping plates & glasses and generally breaking everything in sight. Also saw a fair few tantrums being thrown with kids & parents shouting at each other which kind of ruined the ambiance a bit!! But that can't be helped at a family resort.

The first night at our hotel we also had a bit of an awkward moment when we were in bed at 10pm Crete time as we had a very early start the day we arrived so wanted to get some rest. And a man came walking into our room with his own key - didn't knock as far as I could hear anyway. We weren't asleep but just laying with the telly on, and he just came in shouting something - my boyfriend thought he said "housekeeping". But I thought - a man - housekeeping - at 10pm? We didn't actually get to see him - we just kept telling him to wait as our bedroom door was shut and he said he would come back tomorrow. I was not happy about this as it was a bit worrying to think someone could come walking in at any time of night. We called reception and they basically said they didn't know who it was but not to worry about it.
I wasn't impressed with their answer and had a bad night sleep jumping up every time I heard a noise.

The next morning we went back like they asked us to at reception to move rooms. The lady said she didn't know what we were talking about so got her manager. They both said we were in the correct room & who told us to move?? I said I didn't know her name - I would know her face if I saw her but she wasn't there? They said it must have been a mistake & not to worry.
Then I bought up the man with them as I wanted an explanation. I understand maid's coming in during the day but not at night - and all the maids were women. Housekeeping is done from 10am - 4pm.
They advised us they thought it was "the pool man". He basically comes round every couple of days to check/clean the private pools.
I felt a bit better once I knew who he was - but they said he can come any time up to 9pm. The manager apologised and said he must have forgotten the time and didn't realise it was 10pm.
They were the only main hiccups that happened really while we were there.

They have the usual photographers that ask to take pictures of you as you walk into the restaurant. They get these printed and you can purchase them the next day.

Also do remember to lock your things away whenever you aren't in there as our room being opposite the restaurant we saw the pool man on our balcony when we weren't there as we were having dinner. And also a man will come by to fill up your tea/coffee trays in your room. All these people have key cards and will come straight in if you don't answer their knock in time.

There is only one little shop onsite in reception and this is a jewellery shop. It was quite nice and not too expensive to get yourself a souvenir.

Anything else you need is literally across the road - they have mini markets all the way up. They sell food & drink, sun creams & after sun, souvenirs like magnets and tea towels etc. They have all sorts really including fake converse and Toms and clothes and things for the beach like lilos and balls and ping pong rackets. All the usual stuff.

There was also a lovely souvenir shop right down the road that had gorgeous hand made stuff like painted pots and glass candle holders and sea shells etc. Just remember to take some bubble wrap with you to get them home safely!!!

All in all we did have a wonderful holiday and I would go back - but not as a couple. Maybe when we have a family I would - but I definitely think it's worth getting the private pool if you can afford it as the swimming pool sun loungers were very tightly packed together from what I could see. They also do aerobics classes in the pool with loud music & all the blokes and kids play volley ball in the pool so you would have to be out of the way for that which would have annoyed me if I wanted to go in & couldn't - & it's not so great if you're trying to relax with some peace & quiet!

There is a nice private beach on this resort too but it is so full of pebbles as you get to the shore from the water and it is so painful walking on. Obviously you can keep your flip flops on until you get there but the pebbles/stones are all under the water too and there is a huge drop in the sea when you get to the actual sea bed - if you slip and fall onto the pebbles it really hurts so I really would advise to have some jelly shoes that you can buckle on at the back and actually wear them in the sea and they won't fall off like flip flops would. Believe me you would be happy to have some shoes on because that part is not pleasant!!

The all inclusive drinks are all made with local spirits and they are extremely generous with them! The blue lagoon is pretty much just pure vodka. I would watch how much they put in and do ask them for less if you want - I saw a lot of people going back & asking for more mixers as they were so strong!

I also saw they have a professional photographer who does photo shoots on the beach at sunset which looked so lovely.

Overall I would say this is a lovely hotel and I was 95% happy with how my holiday turned out - minus a few things that I mentioned above. It was worth the money and I had a great time.
It was also very sweet at the end as when we left on the coach all the hotel staff come out and wave goodbye :)

Room Tip: If you can - get a private pool and ask not to be facing the main pool and restaurant!! You will be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank VickyValente
Manager_ACCP, Manager at Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Vicky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful review.
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your holidays. At Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address a/c issue of room 3511 and prevent any future occurrences.

Thank you once again for having given us the opportunity to extend our "Atlantica Hospitality", and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you at Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights in late June / early July as a family of four (children aged 6 & 3). In our opinion the hotel is excellent. Accommodation is contemporary, clean and adequately sized. The hotel is spread over a large area with own section of beach. You can use facilities at adjoining hotel (although you can't get all inclusive drinks here) and we made use of the pool, which to be honest felt a bit overcrowded with sunlounger space at a premium. We were in a room across the road away from the main hotel complex, which was nice and quiet with a large balcony. This area has it's own pool and bar, which seemed to be frequented from older couples seeking to avoid children. Those seemingly unaware that there would be children present on their holiday clearly didn't take the trouble to check out reviews in advance! And yes the hotel is popular with Scandinavians but I'm not sure why this should necessarily be a negative. Daytime activities are available but not shoved down your throat at every opportunity. I recommend the water polo - very competitive and good fun! It's a relaxed atmosphere around the pool...no thumping music or spontaneous outbreaks of dancing (quite the opposite to our Holiday Village experience last year!). Evening entertainment is outdoors in a separate amphitheatre away from the bar areas so it's there if you want it. Just take drinks with you! Food is good, plentiful, varied, always hot and rapidly replaced when dishes run out! Various themed nights, Asian, Greek etc. You will also get invited to cocktail evenings where the hotel manager is keen to listen to your views, We ventured into Platanias a couple of times in the (7 euros in a taxi) where there are loads of bars and restaurants. If you have children ask the rep about the bar with huge inflatables (6 euro per child for unlimited fully supervised play while you can enjoy a drink and watch). I'd wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to families wanting a good all inclusive hotel in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Slacker_T
Manager_ACCP, Manager at Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Good morning from Chania,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise. We take great pride in making everyone feel welcomed. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and we are very glad when we achieve a positive result.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Crete.

Yours sincerely
Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise Hotel Management.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is our second visit to Crete after a 22 year gap and ahving returned from a wonderful holiday it won't be that long before we return again. Although the hotel was a little further out from Chania than we initially thought it didn't upset our plans.
We were greated on arrival with cold drinks, some fruit and very helpful efficient staff, in no time we were booked in and shown to our room which was situated across the road in a villa style complex. The room and balcony had ample space for two adults & our two sons although storage was a little short. The maid service was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel itself was very clean, modern and its up keep was good considering the volume of people. The staff in all areas were polite and helpful with any issues we had.
We booked all inclusive for the ten days and overall the food was plentiful, good variety and freshly prepared. Breakfast & lunch times were a little less frenetic than dinner but at the end of the day you get this wherever you stay for all inclusive. The pool and evening bars delivered quick & polite service although there was a problem for some people with wasps around the self service dispensers.
With all hotels you can find fault and with the exception of a few hotels the reservation of beds is always the big talking point. This was an issue as you will always get people who take towels on holiday to get a tan, I felt sorry for the hotel staff generally as whatever they tried to do they were on a hiding to nothing. Yes, the hotel could utilise the grass areas more but one morning sadly i counted over a dozen beds near us that were empty for at least 2 hours.
Again we read the reviews about the number of kids at the hotel and quite honestly if my sons had been younger they would of thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities and shows. in high season it is not an hotel for couples wanting a quiet holiday unless you have your own swim up pool and quiet area but if you want a family holiday it is a very good hotel.
During our stay we used the on site car rental and hired a car for three days, we had a good deal from a very helpfull rep and if you do higher a car then Elafonissi is must. If you do go into Chania for a meal, explore the labyrinth of restaurants in the backstreets for very good food which is a lot cheaper than the front.
Overall we had an excellent hoilday but maybe only recommend it in high seson for familys.

6  Thank CJbryn

Good morning from Chania,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. Nothing makes us happier than the great holiday experience of our clients.
At Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise we continuously strive to to meet your needs and expectations, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue with sunbeds and prevent any future occurrences.

We wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise in the near future.

With sunny regards from Crete,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

this was our second time at this hotel and was even better than the first time food excelant rooms lovely and the staff are friendly and helpful cant wait to go back downside lots of kids but plenty of room for all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry N Beryl S
Manager_ACCP, Manager at Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Terry & Beryl,

Thank you very much for choosing Atlantica Creta Paradise and for sharing your experiences with other travelers.
Nothing makes us happier than the great holiday experience of our clients, and we wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise in the near future.

With sunny regards from Chania,
Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerani
Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel
Caretta Beach
Caretta Beach
#6 of 11 in Gerani
Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica? Share your experiences!