“Great food with great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thalassamou

Thalassamou
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Aliki
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Greece
“Great food with great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had dinner one night at Thalassamou. It is not easy to find in Aliki so don’t give up quickly. Walk all the way up from the main Aliki port and turn left towards the beach. You will see the signs of the restaurant. This is not a standard Greek tavern. It is decorated in a very nice stylish manner. The food is great and especially the marinated octopus is out of this world. The quality of service is also way beyond the average Greek style. You get proper size plates rather than the small tavern ones. They change your plate after the starters. They serve fish without the bones if you want and also clean the shrimps so it is easy to eat.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Norwich
“Always worth a drive down to Aliki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited Thalassamou in the evening, for a change, I was dreading the drive down on the badly lit, dark roads but it was worth it. The welcome was warm and friendly, yes the service is a bit haphazard but you always get what you want in the end. The menu always has something new and interesting plus you can't fault the presentation or flavour combinations. I had the prawn and saffron risotto, which was absolutely delicious and my husband had the lamb tagine, which he was extremely happy with. I'm glad we didn't have starters because we wouldn't have been able to finish both comfortably. We also declined puddings which was a same because their ice cream is fabulous. The little shots of chilled Mastika were nice but I had to decline that too because I had to drive - unlucky.

Stoevring, Denmark
“Best restaurant in Aliki - Paros ? Not !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

On the 8/7-2014 we ( 2 kids and 2 adults ) had dinner in this top rated restaurant ..
Nice start only us, I asked for a bottle of White from a good producer but this was sold out. I got alpha estate sauvignon blanc which was OK.
The menu was different and different from the other in Alyki.
The starters Were average to bad. The beethrooth salad was neutral and cloumsy and lacked of taste and style. Them the animal show started. First of all the owner had her dog around the restaurant. 5-6 cats and some other dogs running around the tables all Night.
For maincourse i asked 2 times for the Wine list and Got the house Wine served at 30 degrees :(
2 risotto and 1 rabbit average level, mushroom risotto pretty ok.
In generel it is hård to se a menu With 3-4 dishes not ón today and 3-4 dishes With frossen fish. Alyki town is full of fresh fish.
30-45 minutters waiting for the Bill (also asked for it 3 times). We never come back, they want to be fancy but they are NOT ! Spend your money elsewhere.

3 Thank Dorte D
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“A restaurant where a chef loves to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have worked as a hotel and villa chef in Paros for a couple of years.
Thalassa mou is the place where I relax and eat, because of the beautiful location and the friendly atmosphere.
Anna, the chef's wife and owner makes sure that everyone gets a tailor made experience according to the style of person you are. She keeps her lovely armata of waiters tip top and professional.
Thalassa mou is also the place where I get inspiration for my work. The chef owner Marios is "the Real thing" in cooking and he is helping and directing me with new ideas and dishes.
This is my place in Paros.

Bon apetit...

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“A must go restaurant in Paros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went there with my wife and had a delicious dinner in a beautiful place. Beside the great food and the cozy restaurant, the maitre and the crew are awesome as we had the chance to test.
(During the dinner my wife had a problem NOT bound to the restaurant. We immediately had a full support by the owner who finally suggested us to go to the hospital in Paros not minding of the dinner. After getting to the hospital and be sure all was ok with my wife, a false alarm, we returned to the restaurant where we finished our dinner and had a glass of wine with the owner).

• Visited August 2013