“our 2nd stay this year, can't wait to go again next year”

Mayor Pelekas Monastery
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pelekas
Herts
“our 2nd stay this year, can't wait to go again next year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

This was our second stay this year, the first time with friends and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we went back with our family. The second visit was just as good as our first ,the staff are friendly and always have a smile, the food is good , excellent bar and best rooms we have ever stayed in with beautiful sea views. All the guests said they had a brilliant time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

Booked in March, read bad reviews, contacted Aquis for reassurance. Had a really lovely time. Friendly staff & clean rooms & hotel environs. Wasn't happy with room on arrival so contacted reception who without any fuss facilitated a change the next morning to a much better room with a higher view. That made the holiday. Wouldn't go in high season as I couldn't be bothered to put my towel on a sun lounger before breakfast! A perfect late summer getaway. There were loads of wasps around but even when flicked away weren't aggressive!!

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2009

My husband and I have just returned from the Aquis Pelakas beach hotel with our two year old son. The complex and hotel were really lovely, and the rooms good and clean. A lot of the staff were helpful and friendly, especially George the barman who always served us with a smile!... it's a good location to get away from it all with a really lovely pool area and beach.
We found the food to be of an okay standard but very very repetative, and for someone who doesn't eat pork or bacon I struggled as they seem to put it in everything! so there's not much selection for vegetarians-literally just pasta with a tomato sauce. I was certainly glad to come home yesterday to eat some various other food.
I must also mention that there were several guests that came down with a vomiting bug while we were there, including myself. I was very sick for 24 hours with constant vomiting. As I am also pregnant I found this to be a great worry. The hotel receptionist did send the Doctor to me but I was just told to drink water and I did feel a lot better the following day, but it still obviously ruined part of our holiday.
Another thing that I will mention is the fact that there were wasps everywhere around the pool, restaurant area and on the beach. My son unfortunately got stung twice.
We had a nice break, and as I said, it's a lovely hotel and complex but we won't be returning.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Xanthi, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

From the moment we came in until we left, the service was absolutely excellent, friendly, helpful and superb staff . Having stayed at many luxurious hotels all around the world, this hotel is my favorite one. Hotel ´s location is excellent, you cannot beleive thse sunsets.... When you enter the hotel lobby, really gives you the “wow” effect, because the reception area is really something else ! On arrival, we were greeted by the Front Office Manager. Since I made quite a few requests through e-mails, all of them were taken into consideration, which was a really nice touch that we din't expect. We were appointed a really nice room near the main building, overseeing the main pool and the sea. The porter took care of our luggage, which was delivered within 5 minutes after the check-in. Food and beverage selection is excellent with a very wide range of local and international cuisine ,the best was the mousaka in the olive tree restaurant. All restaurants were great but I would like to highlight the sushi restaurant, which was absolutely fabulous. Animation team worked really hard, providing lots of activities during the whole day and night. From managers to housekeepers, everyone was behaving to us in a very professional and friendly way, greeting us by using our surnames which provided a perfect warm and welcoming atmosphere. As I mentioned at the beginning, the experience at Aquis Pelekas Beach Hotel was spotless and if you happen to visit Corfu, this is the best place to stay if you want to enjoy a superb getaway.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Melinaki
altrincham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

This was by far one of the best holidays my husband and I have ever had! For endless reasons! The breathtaking views, the immaculate condition of the hotel, the warm and friendly staff and the amazing food! The list goes on!
All the staff were always going out of their way to make us feel at home and the entertainment staff were just the tip of the iceberg! Hard-working and very talented at what they do, they were always making that extra bit of effort to socialise and get people involved. Every night we knew we were going to be entertained and have many laughs along the way!!! Well done Pete and the girls!
We were fortunate to meet hopefully lifelong friends during our stay and none of us ever wanted the holiday to end! The relaxation, the laughs, the food; the whole stay was the best way my husband and I could have celebrated our second wedding anniversary! Plus we were able to come home with an amazing tan! ALL-INCLUSIVE!
Without a doubt my husband and I would not hesitate in recommendng this hotel! It's as a holiday should be! Thank you Pelekas!

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

i hav recently come back from staying at the pelekas beach hotel and had an amazing time. The views from the hotel are amazing and we stayed in a sea view room which had a lovely balcony and over looked the beach and cliffs. The pool was fantastic and the bar staff were also very helpful and the all inclusive was great. The time of year we went was out of season so was nice and relaxing even thou the hotel was fairly busy with a wide culture of nationalities.
The food was amazing and althou we was going to hire a car to venture around corfu we stayed at the hotel for the most of our 2 weeks beacause the food and entertainment was fantastic. They have an animation team there made up of 1 guy and 3 girls doing shows most nights of the week which was always really good and entertaining with them dancing and singing and after they would always come and join us at the pool bar for drinks. They also hav activities during the day including quiz's, football, water polo etc and althou not everyone joins in the animation team do try and was always fun when we did hav enough people. Even on they're days and evenings off we met up with them going to watch football or going to the aqua park. So i would like to say a big thank you to Pete, Ellen, Donna and Sam for a great holiday.
All in all i think the place is amazing and would def go back all staff and friendly and helpful the food is graet and the hotel is always clean and tidy and def worth staying in.

Rooney

2 Thank ronney9
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

The service was exellent from all the staff and always delivered with a smile, nothing was too much trouble
Our room was large with a huge bed and a wonderfull sea view, kept very clean with towels changed as often as we wished
The location had superb views, if your looking to simply relax and unwind then this is it
If you need the outside world then the hotel shuttle bus will take you to Pelekas village, where you can catch a service bus into Corfu town or beyond

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelekas
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
#1 of 4 in Lefkimi
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,255 reviews

Been to Mayor Pelekas Monastery? Share your experiences!