“Lovely house, with even lovelier hosts”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Aarkans
Paris, France
“Lovely house, with even lovelier hosts”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We were a party of eight, staying for a week at their villa.

First of all, the villa looks much better than in the pictures. Everything was perfect. It already came with clean towels, cooking ingredients, cleaning product, and other amenities. The villa is very big, and very well furnished, with cosy rooms and a great outdoor-ish terrace, and a big enough table for eight.

Elias and Betty were very welcoming, and made sure that our every needs were more than met. They brought us clean towels every day or so, came once a day to check on us, and explained a lot to us about where to go shopping, which places to visit, which to avoid, etc.

Finally, the best part of the stay was the hosts. They were extremely kind and interesting people, and we very much enjoyed spending time with them, and would have liked to extend our stay.

All things considered, a perfect stay, and I think it is safe to say that we will return ! xx

Liked best: The warmhearted hosts
Liked least: That we didn't stay long enough
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Oct 2015
My dear friends!
It was a pleasure meeting you! What I mostly loved about you is that apart from your being very kind, you were also so cheerful, so open in all experiences, so enthousiastic, that you really gave us joy! Your hapiness was contagious!!! And I really want to thank you for that. Many thanks also for sending me all those photos. Every time I look at them... You should see my big smile!
I am very much obliged that you took the time to write this lovely review!
I would love to see you again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
16 Oct 2015
I hope you will! I will be waiting for you!
I am very glad I met you and got the chance to accommodate you. You are such a lovely family, and we also enjoyed our evening together! We definitely shared some good laughing, didn't we?
It is true that I also felt as I was expecting friends! And you are right... It was due to our previous correspondence! It does make you look forward to meeting the people you are expecting...
Thank you, Jane, for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Alexei L
Moscow, Russia
“Experience the truly private holidays in a unique environment encompassed with Greek hospitality”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

We were looking for a place that would fit expectations all family members. From the first glance at Villa 5 Anemoi photos we were absolutely sure we found one. What came with it exceeded the expectations. We met new friends and opened a new book of yet unspoiled holiday destinations.
It’s no use saying the villa is superb. It’s spacious and can accommodate 2 families and 8+ people in total. It has a fully equipped kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Air conditioners are installed in every bedroom. Large terrace is covered with grapes and the garden is there to relax after hard day’s night. The supermarket and taverns are easily accessible on foot and the beaches are 10-15 minutes drive from the house. These are the facts we knew before arrival.
What made our holiday so special are the details that you only learn when you’re in. This house gave us a chance to feel the history of Crete and unique charm of Hellas culture. Each and every element of the house is restored with a very special attention. The convenient facilities and modern equipment are only the add-ons to the spirit of wooden stairways and doors, handmade dining tables and chairs, fireplace, ancient rifle and hand tools on the wall. The surrounding neighborhood with charming houses and streets, kids playing around in the evening, people going to a Sunday mass and celebrating a wedding are making the picture complete. Living all my life in a big city I personally can’t imagine my holidays without this elusive combination of privacy the house gave us and an opportunity to be a small part of true routine life of a region. You can’t find it living in a SPA resort, right?
We enjoyed every one of the twenty days spent in Plakias region. We degusted all beaches around and liked two the most – Fotinary in the morning and Shinaria in the evening. Damnoni is also very good. We had fun with GPS navigator choosing "the shortest” rocky trail to Preveli Monastery, walked down to Kourtaliotis Gorge, scrambled around the Pirates Bay and enjoyed panoramic dinner in Myrthios. The diadem of our holiday was the glorious sunset we had with Betty and Hlias, our most welcoming friends, at their “nice little” farm. If you ask our kids what is memorized most from these Cretan holidays Ann will tell you – horse riding with auntie Betty, George – fishing with uncle Hlias, Kate – feeding animals and playing with the dog at the farm. While the kids were busy watching the gold fishes the adults had the most delicious octopus-in-vinegar with homemade wine other refreshments.
Was there anything to regret about? We missed a chance to rent a 4WD and a boat to expand the borders of our journey and now I’m daily starving for Greek food and crystal clear water of South Crete bays.
Betty, Hlias, thank you for the momentous summer’13. Such days are feeding our life and making it full.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: villa, hosts, home made food and the beaches around
Liked least: summer 2013 was quite windy
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
19 Sep 2014
My dear Alexey!

Every review means a lot to me, not only because it is good for my property to have nice reviews but also because I feel so happy to read that my people felt good and enjoyed their holidays! So far I always read my reviews with a big, happy smile on my face... It's not like I did not smile while reading yours, but I have to confess that it was so moving, so touching and so warm ...full of love and kind feelings that no matter how times I read it (and I have read it many times) my eyes get a bit (or more than just a bit) wet!!!! It is not because of your kind and nice words but it is mostly because I sense that it comes right from your heart! I feel much love while reading it!
On top of all, what amazes me is that somehow you managed to keep the highlights of your holidays... the things you loved the most, the things that made you feel good! It seems like you master the secret of happiness! It is some kind of art to be able to feel happy and content!!! And you certainly seem to be THE artist!!! Yes, it was a windy summer (!!!) not to mention a ..."dry" one, several times, and here you are... with a wonderful review, full of happy memories!!! My dear Alexey, the feelings are mutual, your faces still come up from time to time, we very often remember you! George's kindest smile, Ann's sweet tenderness as she was placing herself next to me, Kate's happiness at the farm while watching the animals! I remember Nadya every time I go to church and the priest reads the names people give him (by the way also the priest often asks about her!), just the previous day before I got your review we had octopus!!!!! And I was thinking of you... "Alexey should be here..." I said and Hlias loughed: "Yes, he should!". I also remember you whenever I taste a good watermelon!!! or when I am cleaning the house and change bed linen, stressed in case I will not make it before my people come back from the sea, hoping they will not be precicely in time as Alexey always was!!!! hahahahhaha :) I am wishing you and your lovely family all the best, always to be happy and to enjoy all good things life will bring you! I wish we see you again some time! It was such a peasure to have you around! Such a pleasure.... Love, Betty
_0gnian_
Sofia, Bulgaria
“A truly special and wonderful place!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent a week at the villa earlier this May. The villa is large enough for two families with four children under 8, clean and well equipped. We arrived late in the evening, Betty was waiting for us. The kids were sleeping. When they woke up in the morning in this amazing villa, they just got into a fairytale.
The place is perfect situated in quite village and we didn't visit one and the same beach twice. We have also made several trips to different parts of the island.
The worst thing was that we only spent a week.
Thank you so much, Betty, for the wonderful holidays. We'll be back.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
18 Jul 2014
My dear Ognian and Sophia!

Thank you for your review! It means a lot! I particularly loved the part with the kids waking up and getting into ....a fairytale! What a nice way to put it! I do feel the same way when I enter this house. It was great meeting you and your friends and I am so glad you enjoyed your staying! You are always welcome! My best wishes to you.
simodora
Rutland
“A Cretan gem in a friendly, village location close to the sea.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

An authentic Cretan family home with a fine, vine-covered terrace at its heart. The villa, in winter, is the family home of local owners Betty and Elias, and it is full of their unique personal touches.
We enjoyed consistently fine weather, so we made most use of the terrace and - of course - the convenient adjacent kitchen.
The villa is tucked away at the end of an ordinary street in this delightful, friendly village and offers peace and privacy whilst still providing a privileged insight into authentic Cretan village life.
Lefkogia is an unassuming but delightful location close to nearby Plakias. There is an excellent supermarket, and several welcoming tavernas.
The village is set amid spectacular rocky hills and olive groves, and just a short distance away is the owners' small family farm.
The local beaches are truly remarkable: clean, accessible and with the clearest water I can imagine. We worried beforehand that we might miss not having a pool, but our concerns proved to be groundless. Nearby Schinaria comes as close to beach perfection as I have experienced: a rocky cove with clean coarse sand, a stunning backdrop and a rocky underwater wonderland to explore. There is a small and welcoming taverna set close behind that offers clean, modern facilities and drinks and light meals.
I personally wonder for how much longer it will be possible to enjoy such unspoilt scenic splendour and authentic local atmosphere. Catch it while you can is my advice, and view it from this quirky, intimate, highly practical family villa. Owners Betty and Elias both speak excellent English and proved to be wonderfully welcoming, practical and helpful. Our holiday was a delight.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The vine-covered terrace, and the wonderful local beaches
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
14 Sep 2013
My dear friends,

Thank you so very much for this excellent review!!! Thank you very much for choosing our property to spend your holidays giving us the chance to meet you. We feel so lucky we did. Each one of you were so very nice and kind and warm, simply adorable, and we really enjoyed the time we spent with you. We will definitely be glad to see you again. Give our love to everybody. Take care of you.

PaulaAx
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Outstanding accommodation in a beautiful part of Crete with lovely hosts”
Reviewed 4 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

The house is beautiful and has everything you need for a very comfortable stay. It is in an unspoilt part of Crete (Southern coast) a few minutes drive away from several beaches. There is a small supermarket a couple of minutes walk away, and three good tavernas. As well as that, you are lucky enough to have lovely hosts in the form of Betty, her husband Hlias and their two teenage chidren, who live just outside the village on their family farm. Our children rode their horses twice, whilst we sat in the cool of the evening discussing politics, culture etc, with homemade cake and other refreshments. We also saw parts of Crete, on their recommendation, that were not in guidebooks, so had a thoroughly good time. Thank you so much Betty and Hlias.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location, character of house, and hosts
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
29 Dec 2012
Dear Paula,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such kind and warm words! I am so glad that you enjoyed your staying at the villa, and I am also very glad that I had the opportunity to meet you and your lovely family! We will certainly be very glad to see you again some time in the future! Best regards to you, Karim and your lovely young cowboys!
GUILLAUME...
PARIS
“Sunny, comfortable and quiet holidays in lefkogia”
Reviewed 28 July 2011 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

The house is very nice and comfortable. Helias and Betty are doing their best to help you find good places such as not crowded beaches and good restaurants. A very nice place to have good holidays with friends or family.

Liked best: The house
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
29 Oct 2011
Dear friends,
Thank you for your lovely review! It was really nice to have met you! You are such a wonderful family! Thank you for choosing villa 5 Anemoi to spend your holidays and for being so kind with us. Kisses to you all!
Betty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing