“A fabulous experience”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Batsi
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A fabulous experience”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Krinos Suites for 3 nights in June, 2012, to attend a wedding on Andros. What a delight. The room (a grand suite facing the sea) was spacious, very comfortable, up to date, and delightful. There is a small kitchenette and a very spacious balcony. The breakfast that the hotel serves is more than ample and simply delicious. We also had drinks and appetizers at the hotel two nights, and they were equally excellent. But the highlight of the hotel is the staff, most especially the owners Vasilli and Alexandra. They simply could not do enough for us and met every request with grace and style. I expected an excellent hotel from the correspondence we had had with them prior to arriving, and my expectation was exceeded. Two things to note: The hotel is directly across the street from a delightful beach. Also, note that there are a good many steps up to the entrance to the hotel, so those not used to climbing stairs daily should consider this hotel carefully. Otherwise, it is superb.

Room Tip: Consider one of the grand suites, rooms 12 or 14.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John J
, General Manager at Krinos Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear john J,

We can't thank you enough for your review. We are trying to be worthy representatives of the famous Greek hospitality and we are glad to read that we are succeeding in some way.
Regarding the beach, we are proud to say that Batsi beach will be one of the beaches that have been chosen to perform works in order to be accessible for people with kinetic difficulties.
As far as the steps are concerned, that is the price to pay for being in the traditional village!
On the one hand, there are a lot of people who are using the steps as their morning exercise. On the other hand, we understand that for some people the steps might be a lot and that is why we try to help our customers with their luggage, baby strollers,etc as much as possible!
We would love to see you again in Andros.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens
Reviewed 14 May 2012

If you are planning a trip to Andros, then you should definately book a room at Krinos.
It is not often that you find all these amazing things in one place.
first of all the location! An excellently rennovated building that offers breathtaking view to the Aegean Sea. Beautiful beaches are very close too, plus the town of Batsi where you can enjoy greek cuisine, drinks and a walk.
Vasilis and Alexandra are the perfect hosts. They have taken care of every detail in order to bring the most enjoyable stay.
Shall i start with the breakfast? Hot fresh baked bread, homemade jams, dairy products from the local producers. Delicious!
The rooms are extra clean and neat! and this is one of the first things that matter to me.
The linen smell freshness..
I could keep writing for many beautiful things i experienced in Krinos.
But i'll leave you with some inside tips... Ask from Vasilis or Alexandra to recommend you one of their delicious cocktails and don't miss to enjoy coffee on the cafe, it will offer you peace of mind!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lilaki81
, Front Office Manager at Krinos Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Lilaki81,

It was a great pleasure for me that I had the chance to meet you in person.

Thanks for sharing your Krinos experience - it's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Krinos to explore the beauty of Andros once more. Furthermore, we have made some very important upgrades that we will be kept a secret until you see them up close.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Staying @ Krinos suite Hotel, is like discovering again what Greek hospitality is all about! An amazing location, a beautifully restored building, with care in every single detail (architecture and design lovers will deeply appreciate). But all this beauty would be nothing, without the personality of the owners, that make you feel like you are visiting friends and not actually staying in a hotel. From the breakfast, that seemed prepared from your granny with home made jam and cakes, to the advises on how to best spend your time in Andros. I would strongly recommend to travelers that want to experience local culture in a beautiful island. We surely look fwd to go back some day soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LMTap
, General Manager at Krinos Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear LMTap,

Thank you very much for your review. We are all really glad that we managed to make your stay pleasurable.
Krinos Suites Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel in Andros island and we aim to make each client's experience unique. We prefer local products and we try to serve as many homemade delicacies as possible. This is our philosophy.
We are really glad that you enjoyed your overall experience and we will be delighted to have you back as our guests.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The trademark of this hotel is the Excellent Service! Everything is so clean you can actually sleep on the floor. I loved the breakfast which was marked by the homemade cakes and jams, the heavenly nutella croissants, the selection of local cheese and smoked ham from various different areas of Greece.
The main characteristics of the hotel is comfort and luxury, nice view of the beach, spacious rooms and two flat screens in each suite. The warm welcome, the polite staff and the tasteful choices the owners have made in all areas of the hotel made my stay unforgettable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
KrinosSuitesHotel, General Manager at Krinos Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Krinos Suites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and even more delighted to note that overall you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt we took good care of you.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to Andros.

Αθήνα
Reviewed 20 December 2011

A home in Andros at last! The amazing view of Batsi beach and the luxurious and modernized classic hotel is accompanied by a very warm “family-like” climate that is impossible to find in today’s world. The combination of all the good elements for an excellent vacation can be found on this hotel.
At first we were planning to stay on the island for three days, but once we realized how low the prices really are compared to the magnificent services of this hotel, we stayed on the island for a full week changing our vacation plans! The services the hotel offers extend beyond the premises of the hotel and you can safely rely on Vassilis and Alexandra to help you with anything you might need while on the island of Andros. I didn’t know Andros before I met Vassilis since he informed me of many sights, beaches, museums and the most traditional taverns on the island.
The hotel is fully equipped, wi-fi broadband internet, satelite tv, two flat monitors on each room (RT included) which for me is very important to keep up with news while on my vacation.
As a Greek I have to give this hotel a 5 star for representing Greek hospitality and traditional Greek cuisine the way they are supposed to be!
Vassilis and Alexandra are now my friends. Entailing my week in their hotel is a pleasurable thing for me to do!
I will see you again this summer
Thank you from me and my family.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Achilleas_D
KrinosSuitesHotel, General Manager at Krinos Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Krinos Suites Hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time here and we hope that when think back to your time in Greece you will be satisfied with your choice. We would love to have you as our guest again in the future.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I’ve stayed at Krinos for 10 days and I enjoyed it fully. The room was great and the service even better. The staff makes you feel very special. You can see that they are thinking about you all the time. They get to know you and every day before you leave the hotel they make suggestions for place to visit according to your liking. Krinos breakfast is the best breakfast I have tried during my holidays in Greece. I hate hotel buffets where the products are laid on the table for hours and are massively produced. This hotel offers breakfast a la carte and everything is homemade! I think that the only thing they don’t have is eggs, which was not a problem at all for me since I don’t like eggs. Excellent tasty fruit, homemade bread and variety of jams, homemade cakes, and the best cappuccino of the island is what I had for breakfast and indeed I feel nostalgic when I think about it. The hotel is eco-friendly and the owners actually care about their guests!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Elen A
Dear guest,
we would like to thank you for staying at Krinos Suites Hotel and for sharing your experience in public. We hope you enjoyed your holiday in Andros. We carefully read your review and we are very happy that you liked the services we provide. We try to please each and everyone of our guests in the best possible way and we are pleased to see satisfied customers. We are looking forward to having you as our guest in the future.
greece
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Our first stay at Krinos was a pleasant one.Rooms are spacious and well furnished.Location is good,in the middle of Batsi, 50 meters from the beach.The hotel expands in three different levels and to get to the top one you have to climb at least 50 stairs.The other negative is the lack of parking lot.Breakfast, is under discussion.Most of it is homemade,but the portions were for children and variety a joke [ plastic cheese and turkey every day].Vasilis and Alexandra were very helpfull in every aspect.If the price was lower I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank marigoGreece
Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Krinos Suites Hotel for your holidays. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve the quality of our services.
We are truly sorry that you faced trouble with the stairs and the parking. We understand that the municipal parking lot which is150m. from the hotel might not be of convenience to all of our guests but since Krinos Suites Hotel is a restored 19th century building located inside the traditional village it can be reached easily by car only from the top level where there is a road leading to the hotel.
However, if you choose to visit Krinos Suites Hotel again in the future we could suggest one of the Suites in the lower levels which have fewer stairs and are closer to the parking lot.
Being located in a traditional Greek village has its advantages and disadvantages but i hope that the view from the top level was worthy of your trouble.
Regarding the breakfast, I would like to inform you that each and every comment of yours has been notified to the appropriate staff and i would like to apologize if we didn't make clear that you were able to ask for as much quantity as you would want to.Since the breakfast is a la carte and not a buffet, there is an initial quantity served for each guest, but you can always ask for as much as you wish. I would be grateful if you could take this into consideration for a possible future visit.
As far as the variety is concerned, i can assure you that we have enriched our breakfast with a wide variety of products since we are also taking part in the Greek Breakfast campaign.
We would like to thank you again for sharing your experience at Krinos Suites Hotel, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused by our part and we would like to invite you back to our hotel for a new holiday experience set to your standards.

Alexandra C. Logotheti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batsi
Aneroussa Beach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gavrion
Aegean Castle
Aegean Castle
#1 of 1 in Paleopoli

Been to Krinos Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!