“Average tourist food”

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Batsi
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dolphins restaurant is located in Andros in the beautiful seaside village of Batsi just above the sea road at the top of the double stairs. It's a family business operating since 1986. Enjoy traditional greek dishes, homemade specialities of Andros, a wide variety of seafood and more! Enjoy our house wine on the terrace overlooking the yacht harbour and with a panoramic view of Batsi bay.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Not bad but nothing that could justify their good ratings. French fries was not fresh and not cooked enough. Greek salad and tatziki was average, no more. Quantities was pretty small. We won’t eat there anymore, we were tricked by trip advisor rating.

5  Thank squirelo

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Excellent cousin in both sea food and local Greek food. Breathtaking sea view, especially at night. Great service and a lot of warmth and hospitality towards the costumers. I've visited the restaurant twice and plan on visit it once more before I leave Andros. I highly recommend it. It is a must-go restaurant in Andros!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

After visiting Dolphins for the first time I kept coming back for few simple reasons. Food was traditional and very tasty, service was very friendly, even though travelling on my own I was wellcomed friendly and given tables with the best views. They offered to make half portions (and charged half as well) which was really great and thoughtful, since that gave me the option to test half of the menu which would have been impossible other wise. Prices were also very reasonable. Will return for sure the next time I visit Andros.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I didn't enjoy the time spent here. First of all it has nothing to do with genuine greek hospitality and cuisine. Hospitality was ruined at the moment when we stepped in, asing for our reserved table and the British accent speaking lady asked me are you sure you have booking here...all gone. They fixed a table outside the limits of the restaurant and no one bothered serving us unless anything was to be brought. I was to wave, make signs etc. The first wine we ordered had a distinctive smell of mold. Upon raising that to a barely English speaking waiter it wasn't anticipated in any way. Just brought another option and the vergin wine got into the bill... simple! He didn't even think changing the glasses. Food was so so. The tuna fish was spoiled by overgrilling. As all know this fish doesn't need much, just attention not to be spoiled. I asked for changing chips and it came with some tastless boiled greenery, which doesn't matter so much. The lukaniko was uncharacterful at all with some pale fries. As a matter of fact at the end of the dinner we suddenly got noticed and offered some on the house treatments. In fact the lemon cake was the best we had all through the eve. Generally a poor experience I would love to forget. If this is the second scored restaurant in Batsi I would go on my holiday with sanwitches.

3  Thank 218janv
YiannisFo, Ιδιοκτήτης at The Dolphins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

First of all when you did your reservation i said to you that i do not have a table in the first line.Your answer was no proplem any wear.We give to you a table with panoramic view and when we ask you if is good you said perfect.I cannot understand now why you complain?? You ask for retsina wine.This wine has different taste.If you do not like retsina doent mean that retsina is not good just you do not like it!! You ask for house wine and we change your glasses as well!! Of course we charge the retsina ,you had all ready drunk more than the half bottle We try to do our best for all our customers.Sometimes is not so easy if in the restaurant there are more than 180 people.we hope the next time you visit our restaurant to be satisfied!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Near the hotel so a good location - but the restaurant itself is also in a beautiful location. Many options to choose from (yay!) and the food was actually quite amazing! I do recommend and if I’m ever in Andros again, I will visit Dolphins again! Amazing food - like it’s really that good. The Octopus Salad was so good!